Vst/vsti Buzzing?
Marshmall0wz
Mar 23 2009, 03:36 AM
GMC:er
Hey guys i'm recording tons of stuff these days using guitar-->FastTrack-->SUPER laptop. then im using ezdrummer and amplitube 2/fender (which is great btw). Anyway i'm getting this annoying buzzing when i play the all the tracks together. It sounds like they're having trouble interacting with each other if that makes sense. i have two drum tracks a bass and about six guitars for verse/chorus/solo. Tips?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Vintage U.S. Peavey Microbass
Orange Tiny Terror w/ 212 Cabinet
Creativity
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Mar 23 2009, 03:46 AM
Latency issues most likely. your computer can't handle everything at once. Try going into the settings of your DAW and changing your latency, or buffer, settings. Try raising it a little until it gets to the point that when you play all these tracks at once it no longer makes any buzzing or popping noises

The buffer settings are usually, in most DAWs, found in the Audio Settings, usually under a "Preferences" tab.

Hope that helps biggrin.gif
If not, we shall figure it out! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Farmer Joe: Mar 23 2009, 03:51 AM

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Mar 23 2009, 04:29 AM
thanks man, ill try that tomorrow, should probably sleep now smile.gif

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
Marshmall0wz
Mar 23 2009, 01:01 PM
Thanks it fixed it.
smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

This post has been edited by Marshmall0wz: Mar 23 2009, 01:03 PM

--------------------

Gibson SG-3 Faded
Epiphone Thunderbird
Ovation CC48
Vox AD30VT
Creativity

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 23 2009, 01:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah buffer settings are to blame...Your computer's CPU just can't handle all the VSTs and tracks at the same time...I get that problem all the time on my older PC its really annoying! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Skalde
Mar 23 2009, 03:12 PM
Learning Roadie
You can also try to render some of the guitar tracks and then turn of the VST instrument

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 23 2009, 03:15 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Skalde @ Mar 23 2009, 03:12 PM) *
You can also try to render some of the guitar tracks and then turn of the VST instrument

Yeah that is good technique...You can for example render the drum tracks , turn off the VST , mix the track and then when preparing final mix just turn it back through VST if you want to make some adjustments! smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Mar 23 2009, 03:15 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 23 2009, 05:00 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
If your DAW can freeze tracks that will save a lot of resources. In theory that's what Skalde describes. Only if you have a freeze option you don't have to take the extra steps.

+Quote Post
Farmer Joe
Mar 23 2009, 09:32 PM
I'm glad it helped.
+1 to rendering or freezing guitar tracks, and also some of the vst midi tracks if they're done too, this will definitely allow you to turn the buffer setting back down and work with the vst

--------------------

ESP LTD Viper-100FM
Bridge - GFS Dream 90
Neck - DiMarzio DP193 Air Norton

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:17 AM