Pickups
ChrisVdS
Feb 25 2009, 03:36 PM
GMC:er
I was just wondering since you can buy normal pickups and pickups with a cover on them does the cover effect the quality of the sound?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Roadside
Feb 25 2009, 04:53 PM
If I understand your question right, I think that this doesn´t make a qualitydifference. Imo it is just the case they are in. Many active pick-ups do have this case and are used for high gain. Maybe there is some reason that I don´t know smile.gif

cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 25 2009, 06:41 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well cover on and off the same pickup should make a subtle sound difference...but no - covered ones will not be less quality since they are designed to work that way.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 25 2009, 09:43 PM
When i ordered my covered Bareknuckle set, i asked them if covers effect tone. The answer was that they do, you loose some treble and output. However, Tim at Bareknuckle wound them slightly hotter to make up for the output issue. But i could still count on loosing some treble. I dont know if other companies wind covered pups differently?

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:07 PM