New To Gmc, G'day from Australia
FunkyT
Jan 1 2012, 03:09 PM
GMC:er
Hello all,

I've just joined GMC and must say am very impressed with the lessons and idea for the site. Well done on a great effort.

I spent my new years learning how to play one of my favourite guitar solo's of all time - tornado of souls and have come 40% complete thus far. I spent 3 hours tonight learning the neoclassical etude #1. I have a fair bit of work to do when it comes to speed picking. I've been through the speed picking exercise but still have trouble playing the final part. Would love some assistance in the speed picking department.

Thanks and keep rockin!

Cheers

T

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 1 2012, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Hey man, welcome aboard! smile.gif Any assistance or information you need, let us know. YOU will find lots of activities here on the forum and video chats. Try to participate some time, and be sure to check out instructor boards to see what instructors are planning! smile.gif Cheers smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Jan 1 2012, 09:24 PM
Instructor
welcome to GMC! let us know if you need any help! smile.gif

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 1 2012, 11:32 PM
Instructor
Hi man! Welcome to the site!! I'm doing a technique course every Friday at the Video Chat. You can check the lesson note at my personal board. Enjoy GMC!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
JD_
Jan 2 2012, 01:51 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (FunkyT @ Jan 1 2012, 02:09 PM) *
Hello all,

I've just joined GMC and must say am very impressed with the lessons and idea for the site. Well done on a great effort.

I spent my new years learning how to play one of my favourite guitar solo's of all time - tornado of souls and have come 40% complete thus far. I spent 3 hours tonight learning the neoclassical etude #1. I have a fair bit of work to do when it comes to speed picking. I've been through the speed picking exercise but still have trouble playing the final part. Would love some assistance in the speed picking department.

Thanks and keep rockin!

Cheers

T

Hey Mate, always good to see another Aussie on the site. There needs to be more of us here, then we can change it the way we want and run a muck....
It's a great site.... so many lessons to help u move forward.

Cheers

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jan 2 2012, 03:21 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome! Todd Simpson is a great instructor with speed picking. He can tell you more, but he has chats every week. Check out the front page calendar.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jan 2 2012, 12:23 PM
Instructor
Welcome to the site man smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
FunkyT
Jan 2 2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the welcome and support everyone.

I have a new found love for playing guitar again after so many years thanks to this site. I'll do my best to get in touch with Todd Simpson. Cheers.

T

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 3 2012, 03:46 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Jan 1 2012, 09:21 PM) *
Welcome! Todd Simpson is a great instructor with speed picking. He can tell you more, but he has chats every week. Check out the front page calendar.

Well thanks smile.gif I'm looking forward to SHREDDING OUR BRAINS OUT in 2012!

Welcome! I"m Todd and I'm an instructor here who sort of specializes in speed picking so I'd love to invite you out to our Saturday Video Chat lessons! Every Sat @ 5pm EST and 10pm GMT. See you there!

Todd

QUOTE (FunkyT @ Jan 1 2012, 09:09 AM) *
Hello all,

Thanks and keep rockin!

Cheers

T

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jan 3 2012, 04:22 AM
Instructor
Welcome! Speed picking will take time. You will just have to be very patient and trust that it will get better.

+Quote Post
FunkyT
Jan 3 2012, 01:26 PM
I think Saturday 5pm EST is Sunday 7am here in Melbourne Australia. I will try and make the lesson!

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 3 2012, 02:46 AM) *
Well thanks smile.gif I'm looking forward to SHREDDING OUR BRAINS OUT in 2012!

Welcome! I"m Todd and I'm an instructor here who sort of specializes in speed picking so I'd love to invite you out to our Saturday Video Chat lessons! Every Sat @ 5pm EST and 10pm GMT. See you there!

Todd

Thanks Alex. I found that if I practise very slowly on my AP technique focusing on both hands, then my normal speed seems a lot quicker.

Also through the GMC lessons I've found that you need to hold the pick on a slight angle. I've been playing with the pick pretty much parallel to the strings which has made it difficult through my years of playing. As soon as I used angled picking I noticed an increase in speed as well as hitting the other strings less due to the technique I suppose.

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jan 3 2012, 03:22 AM) *
Welcome! Speed picking will take time. You will just have to be very patient and trust that it will get better.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jan 4 2012, 10:06 PM
Instructor
Hey T, welcome to GMC cool.gif

Speed picking, the elusive Holy Grail of many a guitarist.. in fact, pretty much all of us ! wink.gif

It's true that focused, slow practice not only improves your technique at that slower speed but it also translates over to your faster playing as well.

I've recently been making some interesting discoveries and progress with picking.. I've written about it here, you can find the bit I mean a few posts down:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=41813

Hopefully you might find it useful !

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jan 4 2012, 10:41 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC mate! i got a softspot for aussie bands such as Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus and The butterfly effect!

+Quote Post
FunkyT
Jan 5 2012, 12:07 PM
Thanks Cosmin,

There are some great bands here in Oz. Not sure how much coverage they get overseas though.

QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Jan 4 2012, 09:41 PM) *
Welcome to GMC mate! i got a softspot for aussie bands such as Karnivool, Dead Letter Circus and The butterfly effect!

+Quote Post
Pio Jr.
Jan 5 2012, 02:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Welcome Funky T to GMC. Enjoy your stay!

--------------------
Guitartonemaster.com - +2500 free guitar jam- & backing tracks -
All styles (Blues, Rock, Metal, Ballad, Reggae, Jazz, Acoustic, Funk,...) -
Backing Tracks: Top 10 Backing Tracks

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 5 2012, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (FunkyT @ Jan 2 2012, 10:02 AM) *
Thanks for the welcome and support everyone.

I have a new found love for playing guitar again after so many years thanks to this site. I'll do my best to get in touch with Todd Simpson. Cheers.

T

hey! That sounds great! We are happy to know that you find GMC inspiring!! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:35 AM