> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 157 158 159 160 161 >  
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Mar 5 2022, 08:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hola Gab,

QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 4 2022, 12:32 PM) *
Using the volume and tone knobs to shape our sound is a very powerful thing. It's great that you're experimenting with that. Try out the different sounds you can get by using different combinations of pots between 5 and 8. The day I discovered that, I felt like my guitar sounds multiplied by 10.

I also added a compressor which I don't fully understand but I found that some of the longer bends were fading too quickly. You can get the patch here, if you get time it would be interesting for an analysis of the patch, if you don't have time, no problem buddy.https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=58619&view=findpost&p=796973

I understand what you mean by non-linear and I find it an interesting definition. I think that's the key to making the stretches of a solo or a cover you're playing sound convincing. I remember seeing Guns and Roses when they had 3 other guitar players that weren't Slash. His technique was incredible, but where you felt the difference was in the bends, there is something in the feeling and speed of the slash bends that they couldn't emulate and it lost a lot of the essence of the most legendary solos.

I'm glad you understand what I was trying to say, I couldn't think how to explain it. Regarding the Splash replacements, I'm in good company then, struggling to match a bend biggrin.gif

Perhaps it is a good technique to memorize solos and licks which is no small thing. Then for the more technical training part it makes sense that it is necessary to dedicate more time.

I'll carry on experimenting over the coming months but we have to keep in mind the difference between learning and rehearsing, I think the 5-10 is great too learn the notes etc then the actual getting up to speed and nailing the techniques just takes time. I still think there is a point where you might as well stop rehearsing a piece in a particular session though, there comes a point where I start making more mistakes, that's the time to do something else until the next day. It's a work in progress that will continue to evolve wink.gif

Nos hablamos amigo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 5 2022, 08:54 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 9 2022, 01:00 PM
Instructor
Hola Phil! Cómo estas? Espero que muy bien!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 5 2022, 04:43 PM) *
Hola Gab,

I also added a compressor which I don't fully understand but I found that some of the longer bends were fading too quickly. You can get the patch here, if you get time it would be interesting for an analysis of the patch, if you don't have time, no problem buddy.https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=58619&view=findpost&p=796973

Cool! I'll save this link to check it during my practice session. Thanks! smile.gif

I'm glad you understand what I was trying to say, I couldn't think how to explain it. Regarding the Splash replacements, I'm in good company then, struggling to match a bend biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I'll carry on experimenting over the coming months but we have to keep in mind the difference between learning and rehearsing, I think the 5-10 is great too learn the notes etc then the actual getting up to speed and nailing the techniques just takes time. I still think there is a point where you might as well stop rehearsing a piece in a particular session though, there comes a point where I start making more mistakes, that's the time to do something else until the next day. It's a work in progress that will continue to evolve wink.gif

This is very interesting. I think you should start writing all these thoughts and conclusions in some kind of journal. Maybe it can become your book in some future.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 12 2022, 05:14 PM
Hola Gab,

Todo bien gracias, cómo estás.

The problem with the book is that it's a borrowed idea, it wouldn't feel right doing a book wink.gif

I need to get my mojo back mate, it's gone, as we discussed.

Nos hablamos amigo

UPDATE:

I'd like to try this lesson next, what do you think? I like the Satriani "along the neck" phrasing. I think the last quick lick might be the biggest challenge but it doesn't seem easy all through. Lots of stuff going on. Still working on getting the Southern Rock lesson, trying to get it up to speed and that bend we spoke about is tricky to get right, I don't think I'll ever match it perfectly wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Mellow...llad-Rock-Solo/

Saludos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 13 2022, 09:12 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 13 2022, 10:00 PM
Hola Gab,

Como estas?

Further to my post above, I've done a full speed take of the southern rock lesson. The unison bends are bad, particularly the first one but I do have an excuse, I've severely pulled a muscle in my back and the pain is taking my breath away at times so I'm hoping that distraction will clear up quickly.

It's still scruffy, but I feel it's getting there. For me, the unison bends are what need the most work at the moment, in fact mine aren't unison bends, they are single string bends rolleyes.gif What do you think about the rest? I know it still needs much work but this is the first time at full speed and I haven't been putting the time in lately sad.gif

Nos hablamos

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 13 2022, 10:03 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2022, 09:31 PM
Instructor
Hola Phil! Todo bien por aquí!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 12 2022, 01:14 PM) *
Hola Gab,

Todo bien gracias, cómo estás.

The problem with the book is that it's a borrowed idea, it wouldn't feel right doing a book wink.gif

The book would be about your own experience using those borrowed ideas and how you had to combine different ideas to build your own method.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 12 2022, 01:14 PM) *
UPDATE:

I'd like to try this lesson next, what do you think? I like the Satriani "along the neck" phrasing. I think the last quick lick might be the biggest challenge but it doesn't seem easy all through. Lots of stuff going on. Still working on getting the Southern Rock lesson, trying to get it up to speed and that bend we spoke about is tricky to get right, I don't think I'll ever match it perfectly wink.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Mellow...llad-Rock-Solo/

Saludos

Yeah! This one is a good choice for you! I like the idea. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Mar 13 2022, 06:00 PM) *
Hola Gab,

Como estas?

Further to my post above, I've done a full speed take of the southern rock lesson. The unison bends are bad, particularly the first one but I do have an excuse, I've severely pulled a muscle in my back and the pain is taking my breath away at times so I'm hoping that distraction will clear up quickly.

It's still scruffy, but I feel it's getting there. For me, the unison bends are what need the most work at the moment, in fact mine aren't unison bends, they are single string bends rolleyes.gif What do you think about the rest? I know it still needs much work but this is the first time at full speed and I haven't been putting the time in lately sad.gif

Nos hablamos

Hey Phil! It is true that this take has some more serious problems in bending. However, in the rest of the parts, as I said before, you are sounding very good, and I could even say that you sound better and better. Perhaps the problem with the bends is that they are your weak point and because you have been playing a little less lately you lost the training.

Remember the Joe Satriani bending exercise I once passed you. I think it should be part of your daily routine every time you pick up the guitar, don't you?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 14 2022, 09:51 PM
Hola Gab,

Here is a part of my 5-10 practise on the unison bends, the one lowest down the neck is the hardest for me. I'll post a video tomorrow, maybe you can spot something physically that I can improve.

Nos hablamos amigo.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2022, 12:22 AM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

These ones are very close. Some are not reaching the right pitch but most of them are. I think watching a video would be a great help to check if there is anything in the technique or the movements that you could modify to make it easier for you to play these licks.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 18 2022, 10:27 PM
Hola Gab! Todo bien por aquí!

The unison bends are improving, I haven't had chance to do a video.

I made a start on the new lesson tonight, I LOVE the first five bars.

Currently at my holiday home.

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2022, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Excellent mate! Thanks for update. I hope to see a new video from you this week practicing the bends!

Have a great week.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 28 2022, 03:56 PM
That was a few days ago buddy, they're not too good now, not been practising very well, back to noodling sad.gif, I've lost my mojo, looking for some inspiration, your lesson Melodic Rock Ballad is what I'm focusing on at the moment, I seemed to reach a sticking point with the Southern Rock lesson.

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2022, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Nice! That's a beautiful lesson to work on. It's based on a Youtuber solo, check it out, you'll find the link in the lesson description.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 28 2022, 07:31 PM
I've subscribed to his channel now cool.gif

https://youtu.be/xu74LK_p82g

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 31 2022, 03:26 PM
Instructor
Yes! Him. He is an amazing player. He got angry when he saw my lesson because he thought that I was stealing his song (I took his first melodies and build from there). But I explained him that his name and link appeared in the lesson, and that I explained that this was based on his solo. Not sure if he liked the idea btw, but said that it was ok.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2022, 09:18 PM
Hola Gab,

Como estas?

I'm finally back, computer is 90% installed.

I have a question about the Southern Rock lesson if you could explain please.

Can you tell me what is being done between the two red lines please? It's the kind of thing I've always wanted to come up with, particularly on my acoustic.

Thanks

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2022, 09:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 7 2022, 05:18 PM) *
Hola Gab,

Como estas?

I'm finally back, computer is 90% installed.

Hola Phil! Todo bien! Vos?

Nice to know that you are back!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Apr 7 2022, 05:18 PM) *
I have a question about the Southern Rock lesson if you could explain please.

Can you tell me what is being done between the two red lines please? It's the kind of thing I've always wanted to come up with, particularly on my acoustic.

Thanks

This starts with a chord progression played with a combination of arpeggios and strumming, followed by a D pentatonic minor lick. The progression is in D minor dorian.

Am is the Im
C is the VII
G/B is the VI

The combination os the Im and the VI (major) is very typical in Dorian tonalities. You can use minor pentatonic or dorian mode to improve over it. I cover this mode in this lesson: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Lead-B...heDorian-Scale/

Does it make sense?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 7 2022, 10:00 PM

Estoy bien gracias,

It doesn't make sense really mate, I think maybe I need to look at a lesson or course that focuses on mixing chords and melody.

I think it will be hard to explain this to me with text but I know you're busy in life at the moment so video responses are difficult.

I just like that kind of thing where chords or partial chords are played with single notes in between. I see a lot of buskers doing it to add flavour to basic strumming.

I guess we can work on it as a sideline to the southern rock lesson which I need to get back up to the level I w as at before, I've lost a lot of ground on it.

Nos hablamos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2022, 11:10 PM
Instructor
Yes, the songwriting course includes the lessons that you need to learn in order to have the tools to learn this lesson which is more advanced. I really recommend you to get into deeply into each lesson.

We can work on them here...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2022, 10:45 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 7 2022, 10:10 PM) *
Yes, the songwriting course includes the lessons that you need to learn in order to have the tools to learn this lesson which is more advanced. I really recommend you to get into deeply into each lesson.

We can work on them here...

Gracias

Okay, we'll work on the song writing course and after each part I'll try to create something similar myself, I think it gets into your head better like that. Do you agree?

Saludos amigo

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2022, 03:38 PM
Instructor
Yes! It's essential to do it, and to keep on practicing this stuff. It would also help a lot if you could teach it to someone.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Apr 8 2022, 07:27 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 8 2022, 02:38 PM) *
Yes! It's essential to do it, and to keep on practicing this stuff. It would also help a lot if you could teach it to someone.

Gracias amigo,

Unfortunately I can only teach it to myself, I don't know anyone who wants to learn.

I'll get cracking ASAP, I'm going to start the melodic rock ballad again too, the one that is your lesson.

Saludos

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 157 158 159 160 161 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 04:42 PM