Tolek
Oct 28 2009, 08:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
Look what I´ve found on the page of IMCP:
http://www.icmp.co.uk/alexandertechnique-guitar&bass.pdf
http://www.icmp.co.uk/alexandertechnique-vocals.pdf
Pretty useful. wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tolek: Oct 28 2009, 08:53 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Oct 28 2009, 09:00 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Yup, once you arrive at ICMP, that's one of the first things they teach you smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Oct 28 2009, 09:18 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Tolek!

Shot it to the printer here at work so I'll read it when I get home tonight.

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
skennington
Oct 28 2009, 09:30 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
QUOTE (UncleSkillet @ Oct 28 2009, 04:18 PM) *
Shot it to the printer here at work so I'll read it when I get home tonight.

Me too! Thanks man!

+Quote Post
Vasilije Vukmiro...
Oct 28 2009, 11:26 PM
Jazz Instructor
I have a book on Alexander technique, it is for all body$body parts, how to use our body efficiently and naturally.
Thanks for this PDF! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fingerspasm
Oct 28 2009, 11:49 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Wow... wish I would have had this sooner. I just finished 10 sessions of physical therapy on my neck about a month ago. It all started about 5 or 6 months ago. I kept feeling tension build up between my shoulder blades and in my neck and then one morning I woke up and had one of those really big stretches that involves your whole body and all of your muscles usually while you are yawning. Anyway during this uncontrolled stretch a muscle popped in my shoulder and neck region and that started an agonizing 4 months for me. I suffered through it for about 2 months before going to the doctor. They recommended physical Therapy which helped. They put my neck in traction and I had a tens unit which has patches you place on your skin and it sends electrical impulses into your muscles. This all really helped and I healed back to about 80%. But I could not heal all the way. I knew it had to be something with my sitting at the computer and my long periods of playing sitting down. I would try different things and nothing was working and then one day I lowered my adjustable office chair all the way down so my knees were even if not slightly higher than my hips. I felt kinda like a little kid sitting at an adults desk. But after the first day the I noticed a huge improvement. And now I hardly notice any discomfort. So posture should be taken very seriously and you should sit low enough to have both your feet flat on the floor and not to much weight on your thighs where they hang off the chair the weight should be back on your buttocks. I went through 5 months of serious discomfort that effected my life in a major way and even had me depressed for short periods sometimes because of the headaches etc. There were days where I would have to go lay down early and could not live my life like I was used to. Anyway I will be incorporating some of these things into my daily routine. Thanks for sharing this information.

--------------------
My Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/user/FingerSpasm?feature=mhum

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes its the quiet voice at the end of the day that says I will try again tomorrow.

+Quote Post
Tolek
Oct 31 2009, 03:51 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´m glad I could help, guys! smile.gif

I really hope that this technique will help you, Fingerspasm!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 31 2009, 04:30 PM
Instructor
I didn't know about this! Thanks for sharing, I will read it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 31 2009, 05:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Thanks for sharing Tolek,

This is pretty cool I don't know if its really working tho....

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Oct 31 2009, 05:48 PM
Instructor
Thanx mate!
Really cool info smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
Stephane Lucarel...
Oct 31 2009, 06:10 PM
Instructor
Interesting link Tolek, thanks for sharing smile.gif

This post has been edited by Stephane Lucarelli: Oct 31 2009, 06:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 31 2009, 08:15 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Wow this is very useful! Thanks for sharing it with us mate! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Oct 31 2009, 09:46 PM
GMC:er
Nice info, I'll take a look

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:10 PM