42 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > »   
Sunday Shred Fest Challenge!
bleez
Oct 24 2016, 06:48 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 23 2016, 06:09 PM) *
You have taken all of the bits that we have gone over in our vid chats, a bunch of bits that you got from other places, and put them all together with very fine guitar tone. What are you using for that tone btw? It works very well here. Your playing has a great sense of dynamics to it as well (the diff between loud shouty bits and quiet bits JIC).

Thanks Todd smile.gif Just using the good old eleven rack here. Actually its the same patch as I used last week as well. It seems to respond quite well to single coils and HB's if you roll back the volume.

QUOTE (Wyverex @ Oct 23 2016, 12:45 PM) *
@bleez: Woah! My jaw just dropped... Awesome work! ohmy.gif

Thanks dude. I liked your take, it was damn good. I really liked the melodic licks you got. Also, your piano playing is excellent! Very impressive indeed smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 24 2016, 09:23 AM
GMC:er
That patch is really working for ya! Was it stock or did you build it? If you did build it, would you mind sharing it in my 11 rack thread? It does respond well to volume knob tweaks to be sure smile.gif That's one thing I dig about the 11 rack is that it responds a lot like an amp would when you roll back the guitar volume.

Todd

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 24 2016, 01:48 AM) *
Thanks Todd smile.gif Just using the good old eleven rack here. Actually its the same patch as I used last week as well. It seems to respond quite well to single coils and HB's if you roll back the volume.

Thanks dude. I liked your take, it was damn good. I really liked the melodic licks you got. Also, your piano playing is excellent! Very impressive indeed smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 25 2016, 07:32 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

a preview, take done while my friend talk to me, so i can play while listening someone !!

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Oct 26 2016, 12:04 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
Couldn't resist jamming to some Pink Floyd. smile.gif Put some new strings on the LP. Strings not quite broken in yet, think my G went a bit flat near the end.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 26 2016, 01:07 AM
SPIFF!! You are ripping it up big time!! I see you have a groupie who is so impressed she is recording the moment for posterity on her cell phone!! Usually, when someone picks up a new instrument, there are those who just don't believe it will ever really work out. Sometimes, those people are right. In your case, NO! you have picked up the guitar and worked your way in to being a fine player indeed! I hope she shows the video to all her friends and to anyone who ever doubted smile.gif I never had any doubts myself, as I could see how hard you were willing to work from Day One.

Above all else, above "natural talent" (if such a thing even exists), above having musical parents, above having started at a young age, is the simple, persistent, almost defiant refusal, to put the instrument down until you have learned to play it. Your discipline has payed off!! You have just..

LEVELED UP!!!!!
Attached Image

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 25 2016, 02:32 PM) *
Hi Todd

a preview, take done while my friend talk to me, so i can play while listening someone !!

cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 27 2016, 01:01 AM
NICELY DONE! Great to see the Les Paul in action as well smile.gif You really KARUSHED this one. I dig how you also take bits from the original solo and make them your own. This solo is so well known for most guitar players that you almost can't help but play some of the notes from the original, even if you never learned it. I found myself doing just that when I did a test playthrough. Without even realizing, I was playing some of the licks just from memory of hearing the solo. They seem so spot on in places it's hard to fight them smile.gif It might be easier for folks who have not heard this song to just play whatever fits, but if you've heard it enough it's hard not to pick bits up!

That's what makes a truly great solo IMHO, using very memorable bits so that folks can't help but hear that solo whenever the backing is played.

I love what you did with it here. After touching on some of the notes/bends, you went straight to left field and did your own thing with some killer arps/runs, that really made this one your own. smile.gif Super congrats on that. Also, per usual, your technique is great, no string noise, bends are spot on and vibrato is under amazing control. In short, you just...

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (DeGroot @ Oct 25 2016, 07:04 PM) *
Couldn't resist jamming to some Pink Floyd. smile.gif Put some new strings on the LP. Strings not quite broken in yet, think my G went a bit flat near the end.

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 27 2016, 08:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

this is another take......

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 27 2016, 10:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 27 2016, 08:01 PM) *
Hi Todd

Cheers

Laurent

You dont look like the living dead, Laurent. you look more.......... comfortably numb biggrin.gif
I dont know how you manage to keep playing with these distractions, it's impressive!

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 28 2016, 07:52 PM
Learning Roadie
dont know how you manage to keep playing with these distractions, it's impressive!

Me too, i can do this since few time

cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 28 2016, 09:15 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Todd,
Here's my usual quick take after one listen to the backing. I'll try to get another one in before Sunday Midnight. I meant to put my guitar on the neck pick up but didn't for some reason rolleyes.gif It's on the bridge/middle on single coils. I really enjoyed this one, I think I could sit and noodle over this for hours cool.gif

Anyway, here it is, a single take (sort of. See below). I was a bit confused about he key because you said it is B and then you said it is E but I settled for B as that is what the diagrams show. Also, AND HERE IS A FIRST FOR ME, I started the take without looking at the fretboard and it just didn't sound right, when I looked I saw that I was playing the A minor pentatonic. Not too long ago I just would not have noticed so something is happening to my ears smile.gif So effectively this is a two take wink.gif

I'm quite please with some small parts of it. The first 16 seconds are my favourite and I think the most like Gilmour but obviously light years away biggrin.gif Got some crazy bass going on at the end though sad.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n34CiNs02Gc

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 30 2016, 11:56 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 29 2016, 09:06 AM
Very spiff take!! Your takes are getting better each time which is great smile.gif This one works for me, but I'll wait to see if you get time to post another before I go giving a full critique. If you do get time, great smile.gif If not, that's ok too, just be ready to reload and go for the new one on Sunday smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 28 2016, 04:15 PM) *
Hello Todd,
Here's my usual quick take after one listen to the backing. I'll try to get another one in before Sunday Midnight. I meant to put my guitar on the neck pick up but didn't for some reason rolleyes.gif It's on the bridge/middle on single coils. I really enjoyed this one, I think I could sit and noodle over this for hours cool.gif

Anyway, here it is, a single take (sort of. See below). I was a bit confused about he key because you said it is B and then you said it is E but I settled for B as that is what the diagrams show. Also, AND HERE IS A FIRST FOR ME, I started the take without looking at the fretboard and it just didn't sound right, when I looked I saw that I was playing the A minor pentatonic. Not too long ago I just would not have noticed so something is happening to my ears smile.gif So effectively this is a two take wink.gif

I'm quite please with some small parts of it. The first 16 seconds are my favourite and I think the most like Gilmour but obviously light years away biggrin.gif Got some crazy bass going on at the end though sad.gif

That was impressive. Spiff solo and dealing with your gal at the same time, didn't miss a bit or a guitar lick, steady as a rock. Nicely done smile.gif You really ripped it up on the backing! Glad you guys are digging this one smile.gif It is a classic and also makes a great warmup bit. When your fingers are
cold and not wanting to move, just play over this for a while and they will get going smile.gif Well done!
Todd

QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 27 2016, 03:01 PM) *
Hi Todd

Cheers

Laurent

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 29 2016, 02:37 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Had to keep it short as I kept playing licks from the original biggrin.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z9QOYsXmc

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 28 2016, 09:15 PM) *

excellent take, phil. Might be one of your best so far in these challenges. Well done sir.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 29 2016, 09:28 PM
NICE!!! Really dig the way you flowed in and out of the original solo and your own bits. I think I like your bits a bit better in places smile.gif I really liked your inclusion of the open string lick. One of my personal faves smile.gif Played with a very cool mix of technical skill/tightness and blues/vibe looseness. The contrast between the too is what makes it so listenable IMHO. I was hoping for more just when you cut it off to be honest, but what was there was quite good indeed smile.gif In short you just ..

LEVELED UP!!!!!

Attached Image

QUOTE (bleez @ Oct 29 2016, 09:37 AM) *
Had to keep it short as I kept playing licks from the original biggrin.gif
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0Z9QOYsXmc

excellent take, phil. Might be one of your best so far in these challenges. Well done sir.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 30 2016, 11:58 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Oct 29 2016, 09:06 AM) *
Very spiff take!! Your takes are getting better each time which is great smile.gif This one works for me, but I'll wait to see if you get time to post another before I go giving a full critique. If you do get time, great smile.gif If not, that's ok too, just be ready to reload and go for the new one on Sunday smile.gif
Todd

Hello Todd,

I've tried some more takes but they're all coming out around the same standard and licks as that one so I won't post another video. This was my favourite so far though, I'll use that backing whenever I feel like noodling smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 30 2016, 01:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Todd

cannot resist to put another one...

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
bleez
Oct 30 2016, 02:21 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 30 2016, 01:31 PM) *
Hi Todd

cannot resist to put another one...

Cheers

Laurent

damn dude ohmy.gif that is seriously tasty! great job smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 30 2016, 02:37 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks you Bleez wink.gif

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Oct 30 2016, 02:44 PM
Oh man... Those are some seriously great takes from all of you! I never listen to them before doing my own takes just to keep a fresh mind and see what I can come up with on my own. But now I that I've heard them all I almost don't dare to share my simple melody biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 30 2016, 03:48 PM
Learning Roadie
I really love it Wyverex !!!!

a try with one hand, less beautifull but funny ( i have a part while i answer at phone while playing..... real !)

Cheers

Laurent

--------------------

</div>

+Quote Post
Wyverex
Oct 30 2016, 03:53 PM
Haha I see you're having a lot of fun with this backing track biggrin.gif

+Quote Post

42 Pages V  « < 20 21 22 23 24 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:37 AM