New Wah
IbanezMartin
Oct 15 2008, 01:52 PM
GMC:er
Hey!

I'm getting a new wah, but I'm not sure which, there's so many of them.
I had a Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95, but it didn't quite do it for me. Didn't work so well on high-gain;which I often use. I've been looking at the Crybaby 535Q (modded with LED and bypass), I can get it used for a nice price. And I've also been looking at the Crybaby Wylde, which I can get for the same price as the 535Q.

Which do you think I should get? Or maybe another one?

Please don't answer "save for a RMC or Fulltone etc", because I can't afford such an expensive pedal. tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 15 2008, 01:57 PM
If you live in UK you can get my Morley Wah/Volume off me for quite cheap. Amazing pedal but of no use to my style of guitaring. I'd rather sell it to somebody who will use it. This goes for anyone in UK that might want one.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
IbanezMartin
Oct 15 2008, 02:17 PM
Sadly I don't live in the UK...

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Oct 15 2008, 03:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
For High gain there are only two choices ( I only consider Wahs with original Fasels because the tone is well worth it).

The Zakk Wylde Wah has an Amazing tone, handles High gain and droptunings almost better than crunch and clean stuff and it is my first choice for screaming lead work.

The Crybaby From Hell (Dimebag) wah sounds almost as good and it is FAR more versitaile with all the knobs buttons. It's a bit more expansive but well worth the money because it's the best wah for downtunings and Metal in general

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 15 2008, 04:18 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
That crybaby 535q is really a good and versatile wah (especially with that mod) so I would go with that smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
IbanezMartin
Oct 15 2008, 07:22 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Oct 15 2008, 04:28 PM) *
For High gain there are only two choices ( I only consider Wahs with original Fasels because the tone is well worth it).

The Zakk Wylde Wah has an Amazing tone, handles High gain and droptunings almost better than crunch and clean stuff and it is my first choice for screaming lead work.

The Crybaby From Hell (Dimebag) wah sounds almost as good and it is FAR more versitaile with all the knobs buttons. It's a bit more expansive but well worth the money because it's the best wah for downtunings and Metal in general

Yeah, I think the Wylde is very nice. But I want a versatile pedal as well. I'm going to play some blues and milder rock, and need a pedal that works well with that kind of sound as well. And I don't think the Wylde is a very good chose for that?

I really want the Crybaby from hell, but I can't afford it tongue.gif It's probably worth it, but I can't buy it.

I think I'm going for the 535Q, it seems really nice. And with the bypass-mod, I don't have to worry about any signal-loss which is quite common for wah-pedals.

This post has been edited by IbanezMartin: Oct 15 2008, 08:26 PM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 15 2008, 07:57 PM
Instructor
535q and Wylde are good wahs. I have 535q and it is a good all-arounder. I didn't play the wylde wah, so can't make any direct comparison, but I can say that with 535q you will not make a mistake - it is a great piece of machinery.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
IbanezMartin
Oct 16 2008, 02:22 PM
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Oct 15 2008, 08:57 PM) *
535q and Wylde are good wahs. I have 535q and it is a good all-arounder. I didn't play the wylde wah, so can't make any direct comparison, but I can say that with 535q you will not make a mistake - it is a great piece of machinery.

Great, it sounds like an awsome pedal. But I missed the offer, someone got in front of me and bought it.

My choice is now narrowed to the Dunlop Wylde. Do you think this would be the best pedal for me in this price range? It costs roughly 120 euros, and that's my limit.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:02 AM