> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Feb 26 2016, 10:11 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That Dream Theatre album is AWESOME, I am a new fan. I've only had chance to hear half so far but it's incredible.

I can hear Zappa era Vai in there, I can hear Marilion, the first two tracks sound like they could be out takes from The Wall.
Thank you for introducing me to them Gab, I don't know why I have never got into them before. I must go and see them live next time they come here smile.gif

I've had much trouble with my new interface, turned out to be something simple but if you don't know it might as well be the most complex thing in the world. If you want to know the ins and outs it's HERE. Basically it froze my DAW completely because I had it plugged into a powered usb hub which I thought was fine, unlike an unpowered hub, that bit I sorted myself but the other was a sample rate conflict with windows.

Basically what all this means is that I have lost 3 evenings of practise and I am not here this weekend. I will give everything my full attention as soon as I get back.

Cheers and thanks for your patience Gab. smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 27 2016, 04:11 PM
Instructor
uff, I hate when these things happens. The reason is usually related to drivers and windows. Every time I have a similar issue I try these things:

- Reinstall soundcard drivers
- Google the problem to see how other people solved it.
- Reintalling windows. (Last chance)

About DT album, I'm happy to know that the album reached you... it's a MASTERPIECE. I'm not very into DT nowadays, but this is one of my favorite albums of all time...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 28 2016, 04:58 PM
Thanks Gab

The problem is fixed, it was a sample rate conflict between the software for the interface and windows. Focusrite offer free live support via a live chat system, in my country it's available between 1pm and 1am. Perfect smile.gif

Right I'm back on it now after my micro holiday. Got to catch up on the theory workshop, I think others are struggling a bit as there hasn't been much activity sad.gif

Cheers Gab.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 28 2016, 05:21 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, great to know that you finally could solve the issue!

yeah, this workout is showing us again that each student is different. I know that you like long deadlines, however I feel that other students prefer smaller assignments with short deadlines to keep motivation and focus. We have stuffs and threads for everybody so this is not a problem. We have long term workouts, short term workouts and also mentoring thread for each one so we are safe.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 28 2016, 05:27 PM
No worries Gab,
I don't mind sort deadlines I just don't have the time to fit the work in to meet them smile.gif if you want to put a shorter deadline on the theory workshop it wouldn't be a problem, I could work at my own pace if you don't mind and post here to prevent messing up the main thread.
I don't want to hold others up because of my time issues wink.gif
Thanks mate

UPDATE sad.gif The others will sort out this issue hopefully but I've put the link just so you know about it smile.gif

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=728037

Cheers buddy.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Feb 28 2016, 09:56 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 29 2016, 01:55 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

That's not a nice noise! Could you solve the issue? It seems to be related to a calbe or connection that is not working good. Have you tried changing cables?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 29 2016, 02:01 PM
Thanks Gab
The same cable works fine straight from the guitar, it is only when I go through my Boss. I'll do some more checking tonight but it's doing my head in now.
Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 29 2016, 02:10 PM
Instructor
Oh, ok, I hope that you can solve it soon.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Feb 29 2016, 10:02 PM
Thanks Gab,

Problem sorted but not solved, at least I know what it is now. I can now move forward smile.gif

Cheers

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=728080

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 1 2016, 06:04 PM
Instructor
Awesome!! So we were close when suspecting of cables or connectors... smile.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Mar 1 2016, 06:04 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 1 2016, 09:44 PM
Thanks Gab,

Sort of, but if you have time, check this out please https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=728155

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

Did you see my comment about theory deadline? It's a few posts above this one but I've put it below to save you looking. I don't really know why people wouldn't participate if the deadline is long but they prefer short, they can submit as soon as they like and the get on with other things until the next one, surely that's better than not participating at all. Oh well, each to their own. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Feb 28 2016, 04:27 PM) *
No worries Gab,
I don't mind sort deadlines I just don't have the time to fit the work in to meet them smile.gif if you want to put a shorter deadline on the theory workshop it wouldn't be a problem, I could work at my own pace if you don't mind and post here to prevent messing up the main thread.
I don't want to hold others up because of my time issues wink.gif
Thanks mate

Cheers smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 2 2016, 11:55 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 2 2016, 01:37 PM
Instructor
yes! I've read that. I'll think about it. It's not my idea to change way the workout is but I'll think about it. It would really help if you and the other students that are working share takes more frequently.

I'll check the other thread, thanks for the link.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 2 2016, 04:20 PM
Thanks Gab,

I know I should have been more active in the theory thread, especially as it was my idea, but with my holiday, and the initial struggle to understand the CAGED system and then all of the problems with my new interface I have got so far behind with my Petrucci lesson, the theory workshop, the creativity workshop and now the new collab I just feel everything is on top of me.

I need to get out of this hole, and quick.

I've posted a comment in the theory thread to try and pick it up a bit. I hope you don't mind smile.gif

Cheers Gab.

UPDATE:

I've had a good go at the theory workshop tonight. To try to catch up I tried to have the triads on screen while I jammed but the backing is far to quick to give me time to think so I went into GP5 and slowed it to 50% which helped. I'll try my best to hit the deadline with something Gab.

Getting Petrucci down now, harder than the Satch one, I'm not so used to Petrucci style as Satch smile.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 3 2016, 01:47 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2016, 01:41 PM
Instructor
Great mate! I've just commented your post there. It seems that everything is on the track now. Good news. smile.gif

Looking forward your new takes.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 3 2016, 10:22 PM
Hello mate,

OK, I've finally got something onto the theory thread, it's very very basic and not exactly what you asked for but, personally, coming into it so late I'm struggling, and I also find the backing a bit too complex and quick for my level. I've never followed the chords before as, in all of the collabs we've been given a scale that will work over the whole thing if we're beginner level.
I'm thinking it may be the same for some of the others so I've put mine up mainly to coax the others in, I'm not impressed with it but maybe with it being so bad the others might come in and not be shy of their offering. Hope this makes sense to you.

I've also had a good go at the Petrucci lesson. That pre bend was tricky, I've done them before but only improvising and after a long pause. Trying to do it as a set piece I struggled, the silence between the pre bend always sounded like a mistake rather than something that should be there, kind of like I'd missed a note or my finger slipped off the string too early, I guess it's all down to timing. Anyway I got that down okay, I've now got to get that run in bars 5 and 6 down, that will take a while as it's pretty quick for me.

I'm giving these two things my main attention for the moment if you don't mind. I'm not concentrating on the creativity or the collab but I am thinking about them both. If I get something in my head I'll get it down as soon as I can.

Cheers Gab.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Mar 3 2016, 10:25 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 4 2016, 07:22 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, thanks for the update.

This sounds good to me and thanks for sharing stuff there! I'll check your take for the theory board.

I think that it's ok to focus on a few things and go deep with them. It's much better than covering too many things but not deeply.

Keep on the hard work friend.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 4 2016, 10:26 PM
Cheers Gab,

Added another take to the theory workshop, and offered my easy backing to everyone.

On Petrucci, I'm struggling with the end of bar 7, where Ben does vibrato with his pinkie. I can do it with just my pinkie but when I use my other fingers for support I choke the string. I think this is just a matter of finger independence and the pinkie is lifting when the others come down. Haven't got bars 5-7 anywhere near speed yet, 25% is about my limit. Just got to get more familiar with it.

Onwards and upwards smile.gif

Cheers Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 6 2016, 05:44 PM
Instructor
O, so this is a good excuse to practice vibrato with your pinky (and other fingers helping) in different parts of the neck, and maybe apply it on your improvisations too.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Mar 6 2016, 09:20 PM
Thanks Gab,

I've been practising the pinkie vibrato, I've been adding one finger at a time behind the pinkie for support. It's really tricky for me though, it is all down to finger independence I'm sure. The muscles need to be trained to allow the pinkie to maintain pressure. It's fine if I just fret with four fingers, it's just when I apply vibrato. No secrets with this one, just fingers on the fretboard until it happens. smile.gif

In the real world would you do it or would you just slide to the note with your third finger and apply vibrato with that? I'm not going to try and cheat, I am going to master it, just wondering wink.gif

Regarding the theory workshop, I've played the GP5 backing track 1 alongside the studio backing track 1 and I can't see an association. Are my ears playing tricks? I thought the GP5 backing would be a very simple 1 2 3 4 strumming pattern of the studio one? I was going to play them together as I find it easier to hear the chord changes on the GP5 track. I thought if I had both running, the GP5 would help me follow the chords and the studio would inspire more musicality. Hope you understand what I'm trying to say wink.gif

Cheers friend.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 7 2016, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil,

Everything is possible in real life. We practice to try to avoid limitations and be able to play whatever comes to mind, and fingers respond correctly.

I honestly didn't understand how you are using both backing and guitar pro for practicing but if it helps to learn the triads it's ok for me!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 29 30 31 32 33 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
3 User(s) are reading this topic (3 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:08 AM