3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
New Gmc Video Chat!
Gitarrero
Dec 2 2012, 10:43 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Dec 1 2012, 03:09 AM) *
Text chat works for smartphones (Android and iOS). No need for installing special app.

How to access it :

Go to GMC homepage with your phone's internal browser : www.guitarmasterclass.net and login on the site as usual.
Clicking on the "chat" icon in the header will open up the chat component, direct link: https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/chat

Hm, that didn't work for me...on my Android, I can access the chatroom and have to touch the display to activate the plugin for video and chatwindow. The video works, but the chat window never shows up/loads when I push on "activate plugin". I updated my Flash, but it didn't work. I don't even get an error message.
Any other Android users having trouble with this?

It's no big deal if it doesn't work though.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 2 2012, 11:02 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 2 2012, 10:43 AM) *
Hm, that didn't work for me...on my Android, I can access the chatroom and have to touch the display to activate the plugin for video and chatwindow. The video works, but the chat window never shows up/loads when I push on "activate plugin". I updated my Flash, but it didn't work. I don't even get an error message.
Any other Android users having trouble with this?

It's no big deal if it doesn't work though.

Aha - thanks for info! smile.gif You were supposed to see a text chat in full screen and not the video window.
Are you saying you do see the video broadcast from instructor, going live?

Please let me know which phone is it and which version of android (you should be able to see it in the settings)?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 2 2012, 11:29 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Hi Bogdan,

I've got an HTC One V, Android Version 4.0.3.

Yes, I can see the video broadcast going live, but the chat window goes completely white. I tried open it in a new window, but with the same effect: the screen was all white, nothing happened. Just tried it at home via Wi-Fi to see if it was a bandwith problem, but it also didn't work.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 2 2012, 11:33 AM
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Dec 2 2012, 11:29 AM) *
Hi Bogdan,

I've got an HTC One V, Android Version 4.0.3.

Yes, I can see the video broadcast going live, but the chat window goes completely white. I tried open it in a new window, but with the same effect: the screen was all white, nothing happened. Just tried it at home via Wi-Fi to see if it was a bandwith problem, but it also didn't work.

Hehehe we've got the exact same phone! smile.gif
We'll check this out and I'll let you know.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 2 2012, 11:39 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Haha, nice biggrin.gif

Looking forward to your reply. Like I said, it's no big deal cause I won't use this very often. Just noticed it and thought I'd let you know.

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Bas Cuthach
Dec 3 2012, 05:49 PM
GMC:er
wink.gif *slap* *meow* *whip* biggrin.gif cool.gif

This post has been edited by Bas Cuthach: Dec 3 2012, 05:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Dec 3 2012, 05:50 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Bas Cuthach @ Dec 3 2012, 05:49 PM) *
*slap* *meow* *whip*

I'm with BAS!

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 3 2012, 06:34 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
It's great these annoying sounds were disabled laugh.gif

--------------------
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Christophe
Dec 4 2012, 11:04 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Awesome feature ! GMC was already the reference on the whole internet, it becomes increasingly true !

--------------------
Gear : ESP LTD MH-401QM ; Zoom G2.1Nu ; Blackstar HT-5 Preamp ; Blackstar HT-112 Speaker;

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 19 2012, 05:13 PM
Hi guys - does anyone have any questions about how to use the video broadcasting feature in the chat?

Here is a small tutorial on how to do it :

How to start my video broadcast in the new chat?

1. Click on the "Publish My Video" icon here : http://screencast.com/t/wJuo5jlQmpFF
2. Allow the chat to access your camera and mic by clicking "Allow" here : http://screencast.com/t/mXSoYqUigieV
3. Enable your audio to allow others to hear you by clicking here : http://screencast.com/t/4r7S1bUHK4T

How to watch other students video in the chat?

To watch other students video in the chat, you need to click on the small webcam icon next to their name in the users list on the right, like this : http://screencast.com/t/B8Sv40c0A

Advanced options for audio setup :

1. If you wish to select a different audio source then your (Webcam) microphone, right click on your video window and go to "settings".
2. Click on the "Mic" setup tab and choose an audio source you wish to use from the drop down menu : http://screencast.com/t/PAXmmhv8N

If anyone wants to test their video chat functionality - please feel free to PM me when you see me in the forum and we can enter the chat room and test.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Blister
Dec 20 2012, 01:41 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
The "Open chat in new window" is a great feature so I can see the video & audio feeds of multiple fellow members. The new chat is absolutely fantastic!

I know some are disappointed in the lag time from the instructors but when you think about what we are doing live from all around the world, it is really amazing. The chat is a great feature of GMC & just keeps getting better! Great job Bogdan & team! Thank you! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Dec 20 2012, 12:02 PM
Instructor
Well, tonight we will feast on some more top notch interactive fun, so just bring yer cams, mics and axes at 8 PM as usual!

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Apr 1 2013, 01:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gitarrero @ Nov 25 2012, 01:36 AM) *
Totally agree with Gary, biggest improvement ever biggrin.gif

The only downside is that now we all have to wear pants during the chat and have to clean up our room first laugh.gif

Seriously, that was a great idea Kris and Bogdan.

Duuuude! You got the ounchline smile.gif)) I've looked down after I read Your comment and I've started to laugh....were are my pants ?biggrin.gif Comfort of being at home with no one's view to your work room is awesome...smile.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:17 PM