7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
What Bands Have You Seen Live ?
dogman
Dec 11 2007, 03:26 AM
GMC:er
Let's see, In no real order but just a taste. I forgot more than I remember (I think the 80's almost killed me...lol.) and only god knows how many bands that were back ups or nobodys when I first saw them laugh.gif

I collected all the ticket stubs from every show I ever saw. I think the last count before I packed away all the stubs was 384 concerts from 1977-2007

Every Hairband of the 80's (too many to list)
Triumph
Malmsteen
AC/DC
Sammy Hagar
Montrose
Styx
Tangerine Dream
Pink Floyd
Genesis
Van Halen
Led Zeppelin
Clapton
Rush
Blue Oyster Cult
Whitesnake
Deep Purple
Dio
Black Sabbath x3 /Ozzy, w/Dio & w/Gillan
Uriah Heap
the Good Rats
Ratt
Extreme
Billy Squier
Iron Maiden
Def Leppard
Twisted Sister
Motorhead
Ted Nugent
Dream Theater
Y&Z
Slayer
Anthrax
Metallica
Megadeath
Bon Jovi
Skid Row
Cinderella
LA Guns
Quiet Riot
Motley Crue
Accept
Scorpions
MSG
Judas Priest
Ozzy w/ Randy Ozzy w/Brad Ozzy w/Jake Ozzy w/Zakk
BLS
Guns n Roses
Velet Revolver
Nirvarna
Aerosmith
foghat
foo fighters
Pearl Jam
Seven Dust
Nickelback
Peter Frampton
Crosby,Nash & Stils
Heart
Phil Keagy
Petra
Tesla
Yes
Kansas
System of a Down
Lynard Skynard
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Jonny Winter
Rick Derringer
UFO
Kiss
Ace Frehly
Queen
Stevie Ray Vaughn

These are just the top of my head cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by dogman: Dec 11 2007, 03:29 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nobody
Dec 11 2007, 03:31 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 9 2007, 02:11 AM) *
Haven't been to many gigs since my daughter was born but when I used to go and in no particular order:

Scorpions, Rush, Judas Priest, UFO, Thin Lizzy, Uli Jon Roth, Nirvana, Sonic Youth, Pixies, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Magazine, Buzzcocks, Damned, Stiff Little Fingers, Pogues, Radiohead, Prodigy, Gong, Penetration, Gang of Four, Black Flag, Henry Rollins, Pat Metheny, Santana, John Mclauglin, Evan Parker, Stereolab, Autechre, Matmos, Prefuse 73, Michael Brecker, Clash, Jam, Who, Nick Cave, Einsterzende Neubaten, London Symphony, Birmingham Symphony, Liverpool Philharmonic, Dawn Upshaw, Maria Peres, Blue Oyster Cult, Tad, Fugazi, Jello Biafra, Hawkwind, Nina Simone, Miles Davis, John Scofield, Martin Taylor, XTC, Police, Undertones, Joy Division, Echo and the Bunnymen, Teardrop Explodes, New Order, Oasis, Massive Attack, Dire Straits, Elvis Costello, Be Bop Delux, Weather Report, Al de Meola, Paco de Lucia, The Orb, Orbital, Ronny Jordan, Hiram Bullock, Allan Holdsworth, Christy Moore, Genesis, Kraftwerk, Motorhead, Ministry, Pink Floyd, Queen, Ramones, Saga, Talking Heads, Van Halen, David Torn, John Abercrombie, Keith Jarrett, Carla Bley, Michael Hedges, Robert Fripp - er and quite a few others that I don't remember at the moment.

Cheers,
Tony

O.o !!!
Man I am sure you are an elf! (Only elves are able to see everything GREAT in one lifetime!!!)

Ah It's pointless. I just type something then erase it and then again the same. There simply are no words that can describe what I want to say.

Cheers,
Hristian

P.S. Just saw dogman's list!!!
I am going to burst into tears I haven't lived in your time :/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Nobody: Dec 11 2007, 03:33 AM

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Dec 11 2007, 07:34 AM
Oh my. I don't remember them all and I won't list local and swedish bands you don't know about.

Pink Floyd
Roger Waters
Off the Wall
Chris Hiatt
Kee Marcello
Nazareth
Bob Marley
Alice Cooper
ZZ Top
UFO
Kiss
Thin Lizzy
Motley Crue
Megadeth
AC/DC
Status Quo
Dr Hook
Smokie
BB King
Leningrad Cowboys
Hothouse Flowers
Inner Circle
Bob Dylan
Toto
Robben Ford
Big Country
Breach (the singer made my tattoo actually biggrin.gif )
Meshuggah
Mike And The Mechanics
Millencolin
Soul Asylum

+ an assorted lot of rock and blues artists I have forgot about.

The tops being my first Pink Floyd and the latest Waters earlier this year.
The worst ones where UFO, the bassist was sooo drunk and kept falling of the stage, and ZZ Top. I love them but the concert was boring. Dylan was just plain boring too.

I'm surprised people know about, and have actually seen, bands like Gong, Good Rats and Be Bop Deluxe.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 11 2007, 07:48 AM
QUOTE (PacmanProductions Reborn @ Dec 10 2007, 09:12 PM) *
yeah, never been but im 13 too..... (but i might go to see Van Halen in Febuary!!!!!!)

Man its been awhile since my last concert but i was luckey enough to be able and go see a few good ones back in the last 90's .

System of the Down
Sevendust
Taproot
Deftones
Godsmack
Creed
Limp Biscut sad.gif laugh.gif
Cold
Steve Vai
Eric Sardinas

Breaking Bejamins
Incubus

Also Method Man and Red man were with Limp Biscut and System of the down.That was my first concert.I was so anti rap the whole time red man and method man came out i just sat down tongue.gif

This post has been edited by shredmandan: Dec 11 2007, 07:50 AM

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Dec 11 2007, 08:02 AM
Ok i gotta ask smile.gif .
I see afew of you guy's were luckey enough to see Metallica.I would take away all the bands i have seen just to have seen them black album or before.So were any of you luckey enough to actually watch Metallica live during Master of Puppets tour or before when Cliff was still alive and playing??Thats the real Metallica for me atleast and even Jason would have been great to see,but with Rob playing Bass now it just doesnt seem like the real band tongue.gif He's an awesome bass player but even if i saw them live now it wouldnt be half as good as if it were 10 years ago biggrin.gif

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 11 2007, 12:55 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
When they were here few years ago , they put on a great show! They knew that people here wanted to hear the old stuff and not the new St.Anger so they gave it to us! wink.gif It was just great.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
daimeon
Dec 11 2007, 01:33 PM
Ok, here goes nothing:

King Diamond
Blind Guardian
Yngwie Malmsteen
Slayer
Biohazard
Cradle of Filth
ASP
Black Dahlia Murder
Finntroll
Napalm Death
Skyclad
Rage
Doro
Iced Earth
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
Mystic Circle
Nightwish
Mercyful Fate
Saxon
Kiss
Savage Circus
Satyricon
Turisas
Meat Loaf

I think I forgot most of what I've seen though.

This post has been edited by daimeon: Dec 14 2007, 10:36 AM

+Quote Post
dogman
Dec 11 2007, 10:41 PM
QUOTE (Nobody @ Dec 10 2007, 09:31 PM) *
O.o !!!
Man I am sure you are an elf! (Only elves are able to see everything GREAT in one lifetime!!!)

Ah It's pointless. I just type something then erase it and then again the same. There simply are no words that can describe what I want to say.
Cheers,
Hristian

P.S. Just saw dogman's list!!!
I am going to burst into tears I haven't lived in your time :/

I guess I cant complain. I think for music wise I grew up at just the right time late 70's early 80's was the era for the rockstar... laugh.gif

I wouldnt change being 13 in 1980 for the world. cool.gif

I think anyone my age has literally seen, done that, been there and were hopefully lucky enough to survive.

Life just isnt the same.

Let me tell you one thing. You could never get away with the things that went on in the early 80's today.

I had a new found respect for my mother and father when my kids were just becoming that age.

If I had to go through what we put our parents through I wouldnt be able to deal with it. They are saints.

Love you mom & pop wink.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Dec 11 2007, 11:44 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
+1 with Dogman albeit I'd say it was maybe even better been a teenager in the mid/late 70s smile.gif . Regardless it was a great time to grow up particularly if you were in to music. I was and I was lucky that instead of sports (sorry all you sports fans wink.gif ) I went to gigs a lot instead.

Scary bit now for me is seeing a lot of my rebeliousness coming out in my daughter unsure.gif . Oh well at least I can tell her 'from experience don't do THAT!!!!' biggrin.gif tongue.gif

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 12 2007, 12:17 AM
Instructor
Toto
Steve Vai
U2
Simple Red
Jemiroquai
Bruce Dickinson
Victor Bailey
Aziza Mustafa Zadeh
Djafer Jussuf
John Scofield

and some others less known and important.

Would love to see Police,Pink Floyd(probably impossible),Dire Straits(same),
Mark Knopfler(next year I hope),Dream Theater,Guthrie Govan,Greg Howe,Frank Gambale,
Chick Corea,Satch,Incognito etc list is HUUUGE biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Dec 12 2007, 12:23 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Guns n roses
Soda Stereo
Santana
Metallica
Jamiroquai
Robi draco rosa
Mano Chau
A.N.I.M.A.L (Gab, pablo and luviana have u seen them , they¿re awesome)

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Dec 12 2007, 12:28 AM
Learning Rock Star
Scorpions
The Who
Rush
Sum 41 x2 (lol)
Ted Nugent
Nazareth
Deep Purple
Trooper
Rik Emmet
Cheap Trick
Pat Benetar
Rick Derringer
CCR
David Wilcox
+ tickets to see Iron Maiden in March

btw im only 14 so the list is still growing

This post has been edited by Stevie·Ray·Vaughn: Dec 12 2007, 12:28 AM

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Dec 12 2007, 01:58 AM
Eesh. Tough question...there's been do many, I couldn't possibly keep track. I live near Washington, DC so pretty much every band on a major tour ends up here. When I was younger, I'd go to a lot of the summer festival shows and end up seeing 10-15+ bands in a day.

I could go through some highlights (excluding local, small-ish bands that most folks wouldn't know). Probably not going to be able to not explain them though. Here's the easy list, I could probably do more if I spent more time thinking about it.

Everclear (2x..met my wife during their set at a festival show and again later at a county fair laugh.gif )
Foo Fighters (better live than on their albums, I think)
Prodigy (not really a band, but still)
Marilyn Manson (6-7x probably since '93, including multiple shows when John5 was in)
Ozzy solo multiple times and with Sabbath (Ozzfest)
Gravity Kills (I miss them)
The Cult
Gary Numan (2x)
Stabbing Westward (5-6x at least. I miss them a lot)
Depeche Mode (2-3x)
Primus (at least 5x including the last one when the played Sailing the Seas of Cheese as a 2nd set)
Metallica (1996 when they did Lollapalooza)
Soundgarden (3x, I think including one of the last dates of the last tour, I miss them)
Rick Springfield (county fair again...)
Nine Inch Nails (only 3x...longtime fan never had a chance to go before the With Teeth tour)
Pantera (4x or so, starting in 94 til 2000 I think)
Godsmack (opening for Stone Temple Pilots)
Stone Temple Pilots
RHCP (with Dave Navarro)

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 12 2007, 06:35 AM
Millencolin
Offspring
Donots
Pleymo
Les Chameleons
Incubus
Iron Maiden
In Flames
Prodigy
The Darkness
Lauren Harris
Mastodon
Reel Big Fish
Saxon
Testament
Megadeth
3 Doors Down
Machine Head
Sepultura
Within Temptation
Stone Sour
Anti Flag
Uncommonmenfrommars

Yeah, something like that...most of these bands have been at the Desert Rock festival, which is awesome. Korn are coming this year, and Machine Head are returning biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Paul Coutts: Dec 12 2007, 06:36 AM

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
swingline
Dec 12 2007, 06:46 AM
QUOTE (Stevie·Ray·Vaughn @ Dec 11 2007, 03:28 PM) *
Scorpions
The Who
Rush
Sum 41 x2 (lol)
Ted Nugent
Nazareth
Deep Purple
Trooper
Rik Emmet
Cheap Trick
Pat Benetar
Rick Derringer
CCR
David Wilcox
+ tickets to see Iron Maiden in March

btw im only 14 so the list is still growing

Scorpions...thats pretty bad ass, I would love to see them.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Dec 12 2007, 09:15 AM
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Dec 11 2007, 11:44 PM) *
Scary bit now for me is seeing a lot of my rebeliousness coming out in my daughter unsure.gif . Oh well at least I can tell her 'from experience don't do THAT!!!!' biggrin.gif tongue.gif

So true!
I've seen it first in my daughter and now in my son. It's hard to handle, especially since I still, deep inside, is convinced that the world needs rebells. It's so frustrating when they don't listen to "been there, done that". At the same time, if they did, they wouldn't be rebells. Now hearing my daughter (age 22) say "You know what dad? You where right all the time" doesn't make it better.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 12 2007, 09:40 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (swingline @ Dec 12 2007, 06:46 AM) *
Scorpions...thats pretty bad ass, I would love to see them.

Me too..I once bought a ticket for their concert but it became canceled sad.gif Hope that they will come soon again... cool.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 12 2007, 11:31 AM
Instructor
The Rolling Stones, Billy Idol, Robert Plant, The Prodigy, Oi Va Voi, The Cult, The Cardigans, Franz Ferdinand, Scissor Sisters, Beastie Boys, Simple Minds.. so far smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David Wallimann
Dec 12 2007, 02:35 PM
Instructor
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Van Halen
Eric Johnson
Adrian Legg
Joe Cocker

--------------------
www.youtube.com/Wallimann
www.davidwallimann.com

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 12 2007, 02:39 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Wallimann @ Dec 12 2007, 01:35 PM) *
Steve Vai
Joe Satriani
Van Halen
Eric Johnson
Adrian Legg
Joe Cocker

Adrian Legg is brilliant! he was a support act at a Satriani gig I went to a few years back, I`d not heard of him before but he is really seriously good!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:43 PM