Not A Metronome But A Speed Control, An idea
coffeeman
Jan 25 2008, 11:30 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Hi Kris and GMC Staff,

Thanks a lot for all the new improvements , this site is getting better and better every day. So I know you are working in a lot of stuff an maybe you did think about what Im going to say, but I just want to mention it. cool.gif

What about a speed control for the backing tracks? so the instructors upload a BT at the original speed of the lesson , and with the speed control we can change the speed of the BT. I find more intersting practicing with a BT than with a metronome but sometimes the BT are to fast, so it would be cool to add this feature, and also the instructors could add only 1 BT instead of 5.

Thanks for reading.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 25 2008, 11:36 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You mean like the plug in used in winamp to slow down songs ?? Is it good quality slowed down ? I think its difficult to incorporate such option (though it would be great) and it to work properly in real time streaming online sad.gif If backing tracks were midi files that would be easily done but than they would sound just bad smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Bogdan: Jan 25 2008, 11:37 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
JVM
Jan 25 2008, 11:40 PM
Learning Roadie
I think the only way that could reasonably be done is if the speed change also changed the pitch. In which case your guitar playing would sound really bad with it.

--------------------
Gear: Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Gibson '67 RI Flying V, Mesa Boogie F-30 112 combo, crazy pedals.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 25 2008, 11:44 PM
Get to da Chopper!
unless there is a genius reading this sat at home grinning, i think its fairly undoable. If you can find Software to do it on your home computer for your own use is a different matter...

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jan 25 2008, 11:50 PM
GMC:er
Sounds a bit far fetched, but a good idea smile.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 25 2008, 11:51 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Well thats why my sig says:"Dream more, work less"........and dreams come true......and I don't know anything about programming , but I guess there must be a way to do it , maybe not tomorrow , but maybe in year or less it will be possible. So let's see what happends.

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jan 25 2008, 11:53 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (coffeeman @ Jan 25 2008, 10:51 PM) *
Well thats why my sig says:"Dream more, work less"........and dreams come true......and I don't know anything about programming , but I guess there must be a way to do it , maybe not tomorrow , but maybe in year or less it will be possible. So let's see what happends.

would be a damn cool feature though, i'd use it like 25 hours a day sleep.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jan 26 2008, 12:20 AM
GMC Founder
This is a cool idea but very difficult to achieve. Actually I almost worked myself to death trying to get this feature when we built the gmc flash video player.

To achieve this you need a flash media server (which is hard to get permission for - I believe they never even answered my request - and extremely expensive). And you need a flash developer from hell. blink.gif

Lowering and increasing speed is easy - but doing it without affecting pitch is hard!

I haven't given up yet though - we will just give it some more time.

Keep the awesome ideas scoming by the way - they are very appreciated! biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
coffeeman
Jan 26 2008, 12:37 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Jan 25 2008, 06:20 PM) *
This is a cool idea but very difficult to achieve. Actually I almost worked myself to death trying to get this feature when we built the gmc flash video player.

To achieve this you need a flash media server (which is hard to get permission for - I believe they never even answered my request - and extremely expensive). And you need a flash developer from hell. blink.gif

Lowering and increasing speed is easy - but doing it without affecting pitch is hard!

I haven't given up yet though - we will just give it some more time.

Keep the awesome ideas scoming by the way - they are very appreciated! biggrin.gif

Thanks Kris cool.gif

--------------------

Visit my youtube

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:18 AM