Recording Video And Audio For Youtube Help
bricktop
Apr 29 2008, 01:25 AM
GMC:er
I've been taking videos with just my videocamera and built in mic, but I'd really like to get a better sound quality for the youtube videos. I have two condenser mics that I just picked up and I also plan on getting either the Line 6 toneport ux2 or the Lexicon Lambda for pc recording.

So my question is, how do you get everything mixed together right with seperate audio/video tracks for youtube use.

Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Electric Guitars: Fender
Acoustic Guitars:
Amplifiers: Fender Blues Junior NOS
Effects:
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Trond Vold
Apr 29 2008, 04:53 AM
Instructor
I record the guitar-tracks in Cubase at the same time that i'm recording the videos. Then i export as wave and synch the audio and video in Sony Vegas. You can use other tools aswell, like VirtualDub (which is free). It's a bit trickier in VirtualDub though.

I dont mic up my speaker, i connect my pre-amp to the soundcard.

I dont post much on youtube though, but this the technique alot use.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Trond Vold: Apr 29 2008, 04:54 AM

--------------------
Guitars: Schecter Stiletto Classic, Jackson SLSMG, Ibanez RG-380 Japan, Gibson Les Paul Studio

Amp: Marshall JMP-1 -> Rocktron Velocity 100 -> Marshall JCM-900 Lead 4x12

FX and stomps: T.C Electronics G-Sharp, Korg SDD-1200, Emma Transmorgrifier, BYOC Tribooster, GGG Green Ringer, Dinosaur Overdrive, Voodoo Lab SuperFuzz, Sovtek Bassballs, Line6 Tap Tremolo, EHX Screaming Bird.

My Instructor Board!

My Myspace!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
Apr 29 2008, 07:26 AM
Instructor
yeah that's the key. I do a similar thing... I recorded my audio with Audition and then I change camera audio for Audiotion audio biggrin.gif
It's the best way to sound good

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Apr 29 2008, 08:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Trond Vold @ Apr 29 2008, 05:53 AM) *
I record the guitar-tracks in Cubase at the same time that i'm recording the videos. Then i export as wave and synch the audio and video in Sony Vegas.

That's the way I do it as well (I use other programs for recording though)

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Apr 29 2008, 09:34 PM
Instructor
i record my guitar directly to the pc using sonar 6 and camera just only monitoring and the pc recording

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 1 2008, 12:04 AM
Instructor
Recording one take from a cam and in the same time audio in DAW. Then sync the audio from the DAW to that from the camera and mute the camera audio and wolla smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 6 2008, 06:56 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Sync is the way to go if you don't have the mic input on your camera.. wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 09:00 PM