Price Gouging Kali Monitors In Europe
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2022, 06:50 PM
GMC:er
Posterboy pointed out that the price for the new LP8 Kali monitor are nearly $400 each at Thomann. That's NUTS. These monitors should be $250 each. Anyone in Europe able to find these monitors for what they should actually cost? I don't know why they are price gouging these. The lp6 seem to be the same price on either side of the pond, but the bigger lp8 are being scalped for a big premium over street price for no apparent reason. Supply disruption maybe? But if that is the case why are the smaller set the same price as over here?

Attached Image
Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 18 2022, 06:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 18 2022, 07:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
320$ for one of the LP8 second wave here in Denmark, at Thomann. And that will be the cheapest. More like 400 USD in other stores.

About 244$ for the LP6 at Thomann. 320$ in other stores.

Thomann is usually cheaper than any other place though.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 18 2022, 07:45 PM
WOW. That's just nuts imho. These are "budget" monitors and they have just randomly jacked up the price for no apparent reason and made them far less budget friendly. $800 a pair? That's insane. The lp8 should be $500 a pair.

I wonder why they are charging such a premium over street price? Maybe the supply disruption is making these harder to get in europe?

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jan 18 2022, 02:03 PM) *
320$ for one of the LP8 second wave here in Denmark, at Thomann. And that will be the cheapest. More like 400 USD in other stores.

About 244$ for the LP6 at Thomann. 320$ in other stores.

Thomann is usually cheaper than any other place though.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jan 18 2022, 07:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
Prices in Europe (or at least in Denmark) always seem higher than US prices. It's usually the same for guitars and other things. If it's wares made in the US (Axe FX? Music Man?) maybe it jacks up the price cause of import fee, taxes etc.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jan 18 2022, 08:13 PM
1) Supply chain issues.
2) Euro prices always include the taxes and any 'fees'.

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 18 2022, 08:53 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Not so sure you can call that gouging. Anyway, there are plenty of other brands to choose from. I suspect that prices on all of them are elevated somewhat.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jan 18 2022, 09:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2022, 02:40 AM
Once the price converts dollars to pounds it's still way high for that monitor imho. Seems too much of a spike considering the street price.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jan 18 2022, 04:21 PM) *

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jan 18 2022, 03:13 PM) *
1) Supply chain issues.
2) Euro prices always include the taxes and any 'fees'.

We have supply chain issues here and we are not getting hammered on prices like these seem to be doing eh? I know there is the VAT tax and all, but we are talking about $300 a pair price difference. That seems to be a bit more than vat and such eh?

meanwhile the YAMAHA monitors are actually CHEAPER than they are here in the states. so yeah. Bit odd. It does not appear to be across the board, if it were supply chain an vat tax, it should be impacting most of the monitors in the same way. it's clearly not. It seems they are just sticking to people due to the Kali being in high demand. Thats business. It's lame, but yeah.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 19 2022, 02:47 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 19 2022, 04:44 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
Same monitors?

https://www.americanmusical.com/kali-audio-...c_intid=KAA+LP8

Attached Image

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Kali-Audio/LP-...6a-bbfd3d1b2289

Attached Image

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LP6...c=1&gclsrc=

Attached Image

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jan 19 2022, 04:54 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 19 2022, 04:55 AM
Those look like VERSION 1 of the LP8 and the second one is the lp6 version 2, but yeah those are amazing and that is a killer price on a great set of monitors. The entire point of these is that they were BUDGET monitors with great quality. They became so "HOT" that now folks are being gouged in europe.

the version 2 of the LP8 is also a great buy at american musical supply. sadly, only north american customers allowed it seems?

Attached Image

QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jan 18 2022, 11:44 PM) *

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 19 2022, 04:57 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jan 19 2022, 05:16 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jan 18 2022, 06:55 PM) *
Those look like VERSION 1 of the LP8 and the second one is the lp6 version 2, but yeah those are amazing and that is a killer price on a great set of monitors. The entire point of these is that they were BUDGET monitors with great quality. They became so "HOT" that now folks are being gouged in europe.

the version 2 of the LP8 is also a great buy at american musical supply. sadly, only north american customers allowed it seems?

Attached Image

Oops, the LP6's got by me. As did the availability to customers other than those in N. America

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jan 19 2022, 09:09 AM
Learning Roadie
I noticed that Warren from Produce Like A PRO has chosen the Kali LP8 for his new studio set up.

I guess I'll be saving up my pennies

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 21 2022, 02:11 AM
They are great monitors to be sure imho. I'm just irked that vendors seem to be jacking up the price on these just because they can. Other monitors, like the yahama, are actually cheaper than they are over here. I hope the prices come down a bit and get in line with suggested retail before you go to make a purchase.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jan 19 2022, 04:09 AM) *
I noticed that Warren from Produce Like A PRO has chosen the Kali LP8 for his new studio set up.

I guess I'll be saving up my pennies

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:24 AM