7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Had My Tracking Chip Installed
AK Rich
Jun 25 2021, 05:49 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (klasaine @ Jun 24 2021, 12:56 PM) *
Sadly the 'herd immunity' thing is totally misunderstood, both the how and why of it.
A community can't reach it until at least (conservatively) 75% of the population has immunity from either getting Covid or getting vaccinated.
For fast and easy spreading diseases like Measles - 95% of a population needs to have the antibodies. Polio - 85%.

It will either take YEARS or ... we may never get there(?).

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/herd-immunity
https://www.webmd.com/vaccines/covid-19-vac...0this%20disease.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-00728-2
https://www.mayoclinichealthsystem.org/home...ty-and-covid-19

The thing is that we don't know how many people have immunity because they have already had covid but showed no or little sign of it and were never tested. So it's very possible that we are much closer to herd immunity in the US than we know, and as the articles you shared stated, we won't know untill positive tests and deaths numbers fall off to enough to show it. Also if you count the number of vaccinated and the number of people that we know have recovered from covid, we actually start to get pretty close even without the unknown variable. I am optimistic that herd immunity is closer than we know in this country but that doesn't really help us if we get a variant that is highly resistant to the current vaccines. So far this hasn't happened and hopefully it won't. Certainly, we need to get the countries that are behind in vaccination rates caught up.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jun 25 2021, 05:57 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 25 2021, 06:22 PM
GMC:er
Israel today brought back mask mandate when outside, they had only 10 covid positive per day but cause the new delta variant it jumped to 200... Israel has one of the highest vaccination rate (%60) so this shows we still have a long way to go.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 25 2021, 09:38 PM
Thats concerning to be sure. I keep hearing about the delta variant but also that our current vax should handle it. still, we do have millions of folks without their tracking chip installed here, so we could see a wave of delta infections. uggh.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jun 25 2021, 01:22 PM) *
Israel today brought back mask mandate when outside, they had only 10 covid positive per day but cause the new delta variant it jumped to 200... Israel has one of the highest vaccination rate (%60) so this shows we still have a long way to go.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jun 28 2021, 10:30 PM
Here we go;

But this matches my expectation of why having a vaccine. Media does represent the vaccine to be a tool to "magically" solve every problem to convince people having it...if they don't, it gets harder to explain why its (still) a good thing for them despite the risks.

My reality is we'll probably all catch this virus one day but not being hospitalized or having severe long term effects is what I hope for myself and everybody

Now the chaotic part is economy related by receiving this info. The world will try to foresee if we'll keep being an open economy or not and this will affect all of us (again).

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jun 28 2021, 10:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jun 30 2021, 02:45 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
From what I understand, the Delta variant may be more contagious, but with a 99.9% recovery rate it's looking less deadly than the Alpha version according to data from the UK. The Delta variant currently has a case fatality rate of 0.1% which is actually much higher than what the actual death rate would be (infection fatality rate) since the vast majority of covid 19 cases go undetected.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by AK Rich: Jun 30 2021, 02:53 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 30 2021, 04:10 AM
Im very thankful to have had my 2 chips implanted and to see my country heading back to being more normal. Movies are showing and people are going. Fireworks are happening for the first time in quite a while this 4th of July. It's very positive overall smile.gif I am sad to see India and other countries still fighting so hard to just stay ahead of this thing.

https://www.newyorker.com/science/medical-d...t=footer-recirc

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 4 2021, 07:01 PM
Instructor
First chip installed!! biggrin.gif

I'm very happy that this day finally came.

Attached Image

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Jul 4 2021, 07:02 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 4 2021, 07:13 PM
Congrats Gab. smile.gif

As a small update, I've decided to lay low on caffeine (coffee not too much but specially Coke). Not sure if its the abnormal summer heat for this season, made no exercise during lockdowns or the vaccine but my heat races a bit more easier than I remember.

Though not 100% sure but I suspect caffeine the most as the reason, we'll see if cutting back will make a difference.

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 4 2021, 07:13 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 4 2021, 07:31 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Congrats Gab smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2021, 10:58 PM
Cutting down on stimulants is always a good idea imho. If your heart keeps doing this (tachycardia) get to a doctor for an EKG just to be sure. It's not something you want to let slide. My father eventually passed away from a heart condition that went undetected for years.

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 4 2021, 02:13 PM) *
Congrats Gab. smile.gif

As a small update, I've decided to lay low on caffeine (coffee not too much but specially Coke). Not sure if its the abnormal summer heat for this season, made no exercise during lockdowns or the vaccine but my heat races a bit more easier than I remember.

Though not 100% sure but I suspect caffeine the most as the reason, we'll see if cutting back will make a difference.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2021, 04:43 AM
Instructor
Thanks guys! I'm not feeling very well today, so I had to stay in bed. They told me that maybe I wouldn't feel well for the next 2 days.

Did you feel bad after being vaccinated?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 5 2021, 06:11 AM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 4 2021, 06:43 PM) *
Thanks guys! I'm not feeling very well today, so I had to stay in bed. They told me that maybe I wouldn't feel well for the next 2 days.

Glad you are on your way to being vaccinated, Gabriel. I felt a bit crappy after my 2nd shot but not so bad that I didn't get out of bed. I know people who had flu like symptoms for a couple of days after the shot though. Hang in there, man. You'll be alright. 🙂

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 5 2021, 08:24 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 5 2021, 04:43 AM) *

After my first one I felt fine, zero side effects, couldn't even feel where the needle went in. After the second one I didn't feel ill but my deltoid felt like Tyson had bare knuckle punched it twenty times but that only lasted a day. I felt the shot go in, not the needle but the actual liquid, it was as though the woman forced it in too fast.

You'll be okay very soon buddy.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 5 2021, 02:11 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jul 5 2021, 03:43 AM) *

This is a good thing, your body reacted quickly to the vaccine and likely your immunity will be much higher than most on their first shot. Like, Phil, I didn't feel a thing on the first shot but expect that crappy feeling on the second smile.gif

Even though you'll be on bed rest, eat well like healthy stuff that gives a lot of energy to you (like fish etc.) then I'm sure the process will be easier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 5 2021, 04:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jul 5 2021, 02:11 AM) *
Glad you are on your way to being vaccinated, Gabriel. I felt a bit crappy after my 2nd shot but not so bad that I didn't get out of bed. I know people who had flu like symptoms for a couple of days after the shot though. Hang in there, man. You'll be alright. 🙂

Thanks mate. smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 5 2021, 04:24 AM) *
After my first one I felt fine, zero side effects, couldn't even feel where the needle went in. After the second one I didn't feel ill but my deltoid felt like Tyson had bare knuckle punched it twenty times but that only lasted a day. I felt the shot go in, not the needle but the actual liquid, it was as though the woman forced it in too fast.

You'll be okay very soon buddy.

Oh! Let's see what happens with the second one... thanks Phil!

QUOTE (Mertay @ Jul 5 2021, 10:11 AM) *
This is a good thing, your body reacted quickly to the vaccine and likely your immunity will be much higher than most on their first shot. Like, Phil, I didn't feel a thing on the first shot but expect that crappy feeling on the second smile.gif

Even though you'll be on bed rest, eat well like healthy stuff that gives a lot of energy to you (like fish etc.) then I'm sure the process will be easier.

Nice to know this. I had not thought of it that way.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Jul 5 2021, 04:41 PM
Learning Roadie
I had my 2nd Moderna shot on Friday morning

Was fine for the rest of the day and then during the night got hit like a bus with fever and flu symptoms.
Spent Saturday on the sofa, Sunday morning felt ok but a little tired and fragile by lunchtime I was fine.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2021, 01:47 AM
I feel your pain smile.gif Had the same thing happen to me after my second moderna shot. Thught I was actually getting covid but nope it was just symptoms from the shot. The good news is that most folks have no problems at all. sadly, some folks get really impacted by the second shot.

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Jul 5 2021, 11:41 AM) *
I had my 2nd Moderna shot on Friday morning

Was fine for the rest of the day and then during the night got hit like a bus with fever and flu symptoms.
Spent Saturday on the sofa, Sunday morning felt ok but a little tired and fragile by lunchtime I was fine.

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 6 2021, 02:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 6 2021, 02:47 AM) *
I feel your pain smile.gif Had the same thing happen to me after my second moderna shot. Thught I was actually getting covid but nope it was just symptoms from the shot. The good news is that most folks have no problems at all. sadly, some folks get really impacted by the second shot.

And of course you hear more about the ones that do feel it, naturally, and fair enough we gotta "fear" the possible side-effects and symptoms, but most probably don't have issues, such as me, but there's not really any reason for us to speak loudly about it, I suppose.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 8 2021, 12:31 AM
Well said!! Most folks have no issue at all. So we don't hear about most of them, "it was fine nothing to report" but we do hear about the rare cases of symptoms like I had. For the most part, people are just fine smile.gif Even if there are symptoms, it's only a few days, and then it's fine.

QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jul 5 2021, 09:16 PM) *
And of course you hear more about the ones that do feel it, naturally, and fair enough we gotta "fear" the possible side-effects and symptoms, but most probably don't have issues, such as me, but there's not really any reason for us to speak loudly about it, I suppose.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 24 2021, 04:37 PM
One of my workers called yesterday after work and said he's positive. He's on a pilot scheme that has regular pcr tests. We've broken up for our annual two week summer sturdier so we've had to contact everyone and let them know, advising them all to take a test.

So far, so that have had a test are negative, myself included. As I'm out of town at my holiday home, I had to go into town to get some lateral flow tests. They gave us fourten each because we're here for two weeks which is odd as they only recommend doing it twice a week.

Wife is negative too. We'll do another test on Tuesday.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 24 2021, 04:37 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 09:15 PM