zstarter
Jun 4 2011, 11:31 PM
GMC:er
Hey there...My name is Edwin Regino Jr.,im originated from Philippines and migrated here in the US with my family. We are currently located in New Jersey.

I would like to thank you guys for having me as part of this awesome community. I would like to say that im just a novice in playing electric guitar. i started when i was in college but then discontinued because i need to pursue my Professional career as an IT engineer and after sometime i realize that life is so boring without rocking out my awesome guitar. And Now, I'm back....Dreaming to be the greatest soloist!! (LOL)..i hope this website will help me achieve my dream.

MORE POWER GUYS!!ROCK ON!!

Guys Need Help...

I want to get your opinion about buying a new guitar im looking for this 2 fantastic AXEs

Parker Nitefly Mojo

Fender Yngwie Malmsteen edition

Please Help me to decide....Thanx

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 4 2011, 11:45 PM
Instructor
Both guitars are very good, but why specifically that Fender model ?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jun 5 2011, 09:02 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey, welcome to the forum Edwin! smile.gif

Regarding your guitar choice, I would any day go with that Parker Nitefly Mojo!
Its a very unique instrument and you should try it out in a store. I'm not the fan of signature stuff so that is why I would skip that fender.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jun 5 2011, 09:31 AM
Instructor
Hey mate! Welcome to the family smile.gif

I've tried the Yngwie model and it kinda rocks tongue.gif but I have no idea about the Parker Fly - the whole thing is (in my opinion) - try and see what you want from a guitar (what kind of tone, how comfortable it feels when played, weight...) and then make a choice. Of course maybe the price is also an important factor. smile.gif Try them both before making any decision!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 5 2011, 10:41 AM
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif I'm Todd and I do our Saturday Video Chat series and I'd like to invite you out for our next Jam! smile.gif It's every Sat @ 10PM GMT.

It sounds like you have picked to very nice guitars there. It's a tough call but it's critical you get to play each one and with an amp that's close to your amp as possible. Can you play both before deciding?

Todd

QUOTE (zstarter @ Jun 4 2011, 05:31 PM) *
Hey there...My name is Edwin Regino Jr.,im originated from Philippines and migrated here in the US with my family. We are currently located in New Jersey.

I would like to thank you guys for having me as part of this awesome community. I would like to say that im just a novice in playing electric guitar. i started when i was in college but then discontinued because i need to pursue my Professional career as an IT engineer and after sometime i realize that life is so boring without rocking out my awesome guitar. And Now, I'm back....Dreaming to be the greatest soloist!! (LOL)..i hope this website will help me achieve my dream.

Guys Need Help...

I want to get your opinion about buying a new guitar im looking for this 2 fantastic AXEs

Parker Nitefly Mojo

+Quote Post
riddler
Jun 5 2011, 10:51 AM
QUOTE (zstarter @ Jun 4 2011, 10:31 PM) *

Guys Need Help...

Parker Nitefly Mojo

Hey Edwin! Welcome to both of us! I also joined today and I am so glad to see a fellow Filipino member here in GMC.

Hoping to learn a lot of guitar stuffs here together with the GMC folks.

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Jun 5 2011, 11:09 AM
Accomplished Rock Star
Welcome to GMC! I'd go for the Fender if you have the chance to get it wink.gif

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
snackajacks
Jun 5 2011, 12:07 PM

the malmsteen is scalloped isn't it ?
never played it but they look soo awesome :'D
welcome !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 5 2011, 01:21 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Edwin... hmm, tough call.. Kristofer plays a Parker Fly so it must be good ! Buuut I'd love one of those Malmsteen Strats too.. if you get the chance to try them I would do so ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 5 2011, 02:43 PM
Instructor
Hello there mate! smile.gif Glad that you joined the community! If you have any questions for us, feel free to let us know, we will be glad to help smile.gif

I'm not sure about the Parker guitars, Kristofer Dahl plays one, and it sounds like a great and very precise guitar. It has some nice features, like Piezo (I had this on my previous guitar and it was very cool option to have, I can only imagine the quality of it on the Nitefly). Cannot tell you more, because I haven't played it tho.

Malmsteen Strat is different type of guitar, midrange-focused, scalloped frets, hi output single coils, wooden fretboard.. It's a quality instrument, but you may want to test it and try it out a bit more before you get it. Same goes for any guitar, but this one can be a bit strange because of the scalloped fretboard. Scalloped fretboard can indeed improve your performance in many aspects, but it requires smooth touch. If you like it, and prefer this touch, and you like the sound of those pickups, then go for it. It's a very good instrument to have.

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Jun 5 2011, 02:43 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jun 5 2011, 02:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 5 2011, 02:43 PM) *
Malmsteen Strat is different type of guitar, midrange-focused, scalloped frets, hi output single coils, wooden fretboard.. It's a quality instrument, but you may want to test it and try it out a bit more before you get it. Same goes for any guitar, but this one can be a bit strange because of the scalloped fretboard. Scalloped fretboard can indeed improve your performance in many aspects, but it requires smooth touch. If you like it, and prefer this touch, and you like the sound of those pickups, then go for it. It's a very good instrument to have.

Yes, the scalloped fretbaord is different but I once asked my dad to scallop out an old busted up Strat copy that somebody gave me and it wasn't that hard to adapt to it from a normal fretboard.

About the pickups: I read somewhere that Yngwie had some signature YJM pickups made by DiMarzio that were 'stacked' single coils.. so they had the effect of cancelling hum like humbuckers but retaining the single coil sound.. so the Yngwie Strat may have those babies in there ! cool.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Jun 6 2011, 08:31 AM
GMC Founder
Welcome Edwin and Riddler! biggrin.gif Two new members in one thread - this is amazing! Looking forward to see you progess

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:25 PM