Problem With Fret Buzz
ChrisVdS
Dec 25 2008, 12:53 PM
GMC:er
Hey guys,

I have a problem with fretbuzz to make sure it wasn't me not pressing the strings hard enough against the fretboard i did what i always do on my fathers stratocaster and there was nothing buzzing. So the basic problem is when i press the string down from the first to the fifth fret the strings start buzzing al the way to the 12th fret, i already took it to a shop to set up the neck and bridge like it has to be but it's still there. I read several reviews on the ibanez S series made in Korea and most of them said that they had to refret the guitar my previous RG was perfect no problems at all so now i'm wishing i did not sell it smile.gif

Can any of you guys give a suggestion because refretting is very expensive from what i hear.

Greetz
Chris

Merry xmas by the way smile.gif))

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:

Fender "California series" stratocaster
Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Dec 25 2008, 02:15 PM
Instructor
Hi Chris.

I believe you have only 2 options since you setted neck and bridge properly.
1. set action (with bridge) higher until buzz is gone or descent
2. do refreting,I really don't know what else you could do.

Cheers smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Dec 25 2008, 04:27 PM
QUOTE (Muris Varajic @ Dec 25 2008, 02:15 PM) *
Hi Chris.

I believe you have only 2 options since you setted neck and bridge properly.
1. set action (with bridge) higher until buzz is gone or descent
2. do refreting,I really don't know what else you could do.

Cheers smile.gif

okay thanks Muris I think i will bring it to a different shop and have them set up the guitar again and see what they say before i will consider refretting.

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 25 2008, 06:39 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Definitely get the second opinion in the other shop..Maybe they can do something with it....Otherwise maybe try bringing the action up a bit until buzzing diminishes...I wouldn't recommend refretting , its expensive it may be better than to sell the guitar and buy another one which doesn't have that problem.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 25 2008, 07:21 PM
Instructor
My vote on the action as well. Raise it a bit and see if you can make the buzzing go away a bit. A tiny bit of buzzing won't matter, cause the pickups will not pickup this tone. Only if there's a lot of buzzing on bass strings, the sound will change, or if the buzzing causes the string to lose sustain.
If that doesn't work, go check out some other guitar tech, like Muris and Bogdan already suggested nicely.
Hope you will fix this quickly mate. Cheers smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Dec 25 2008, 08:14 PM
I don't have any idea about the price to get it refretted all i know it's expensive but i thrust your opinions but i don't think i will sell it, it's a regular RG but it looks fantastic so i will go to another guitar tech wink.gif I was practicing breaking the law by Judas Priest yesterday and it was really annoying with all the buzzing smile.gif

This post has been edited by ChrisVdS: Dec 25 2008, 08:19 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 25 2008, 08:17 PM
Instructor
Yeah it does look awesome indeed! biggrin.gif

I think you should not sell it, and instead seek for another guitar tech, as mentioned above.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Dec 25 2008, 08:28 PM
Will do thanks guys.

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post
Praetorian
Dec 26 2008, 11:21 AM
Learning Apprentice Player & Challenge Star
I am experiencing a similar situation with my strat. I am going to try the new guitar tech option as well!

--------------------
Ben

Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RG4EXQM1

+Quote Post
tommyboy
Dec 26 2008, 02:03 PM
QUOTE (ChrisVdS @ Dec 25 2008, 05:53 AM) *
Hey guys,

I have a problem with fretbuzz to make sure it wasn't me not pressing the strings hard enough against the fretboard i did what i always do on my fathers stratocaster and there was nothing buzzing. So the basic problem is when i press the string down from the first to the fifth fret the strings start buzzing al the way to the 12th fret, i already took it to a shop to set up the neck and bridge like it has to be but it's still there. I read several reviews on the ibanez S series made in Korea and most of them said that they had to refret the guitar my previous RG was perfect no problems at all so now i'm wishing i did not sell it smile.gif

Can any of you guys give a suggestion because refretting is very expensive from what i hear.

Greetz
Chris

Merry xmas by the way smile.gif ))

Perhaps your truss rod needs adjusting. If your neck has no relief or worse yet some back bow then this will cause your strings to buzz on your lower frets. Have you moved to a low gauge string than when you puchased the guitar?

tommyboy

--------------------
Rock Hard or Not at ALL!!

+Quote Post
ChrisVdS
Dec 26 2008, 07:56 PM
QUOTE (tommyboy @ Dec 26 2008, 02:03 PM) *
Perhaps your truss rod needs adjusting. If your neck has no relief or worse yet some back bow then this will cause your strings to buzz on your lower frets. Have you moved to a low gauge string than when you puchased the guitar?

tommyboy

No it's still thesame type of strings as when i bought it, when i brought it in to have the neck and bridge set up properly they said to me that Ibanez RG and Jem guitars need a curl at the top of the neck i don't know if this is true tough, so i will follow Ivan's advice to go to another tech.

This post has been edited by ChrisVdS: Dec 26 2008, 07:58 PM

--------------------
Gear:

Roland Cube 20X
Peavey Envoy 110

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:03 AM