Simple Drum Machine?, Just for jamming & creating riffs
Kizaze44
Dec 10 2013, 07:03 PM
GMC:er
Hello Friends,

Does anyone know of simple drum machine (not software) or beat box that has a bunch of preset rock beats? Seems that everything I'm finding is jam-packed with knobs and settings - too much for me. Ideally this would have a speaker - something very simple where one could simply turn it on, select a beat, a bpm, and start jamming. Does something like this exist?

Best,

Kizaze

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Dec 11 2013, 01:35 AM
Learning Tone Master
in short yes http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-RT223-Rhythm-Tr...1883&sr=1-4
but you would be better off geting ez drummer spending the same amount of time learning it as you would a drum machine and with free reaper (DAW) you would be that much closer to recording

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Dec 11 2013, 06:44 AM
Instructor
I don't know any hardware machine, I use EZ drummer for this and it's very cool. However It seems that jst suggestions is very close to what you are looking for...

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Dec 11 2013, 07:30 AM
Learning Tone Master

You can find a lot type of drum machine. Now depend how much money you want to spend. But to be honest, I will not recomand something like that because they don't have a realistic sound even the manufacturer mention they have natural drum sound but this is not true. It's much better with software program because you can learn in a GMC mentoring program how to make the sound of drum to be more natural wink.gif

Drum machine it's a good investition if you want to make some electronic music. In this particular case some of drum machine match very good and you can make really nice things with them. If I will decide someday to make some electro music, maybe I will try something like this:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/misc/machinedrum.php

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 11 2013, 12:29 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Kizaze44 @ Dec 10 2013, 07:03 PM) *
Hello Friends,

Does anyone know of simple drum machine (not software) or beat box that has a bunch of preset rock beats? Seems that everything I'm finding is jam-packed with knobs and settings - too much for me. Ideally this would have a speaker - something very simple where one could simply turn it on, select a beat, a bpm, and start jamming. Does something like this exist?

Best,

Kizaze

Boss DR-3 rhythm machine could be an interesting option for this.

Check it out in action :

I never had the unit but it seems to be versatile and nice sounding with some cool options.
Boss also has more advanced version DR-670 and DR-880 which are very interesting units.

As an alternative for a similar cost you could maybe get a netbook laptop and run EzDrummer or some other VST on it.
But - hardware drum machine could more handy smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Headbanger
Dec 11 2013, 05:51 PM
I have an old Alesis drum machine which I used to plug into my amplifier...it worked nicely. I showed it on another thread earlier this year...Here

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Dec 12 2013, 01:03 AM
Thanks guys - great advice!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 12 2013, 01:59 AM
JSTCRSN is right on the money here. EZ Drummer and Reaper will run on just about any computer/laptop and sound decent and it's EZ to use. I can't imagine going back to a drum machine? But hey to each his own smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Dec 10 2013, 07:35 PM) *
in short yes http://www.amazon.com/Zoom-RT223-Rhythm-Tr...1883&sr=1-4
but you would be better off geting ez drummer spending the same amount of time learning it as you would a drum machine and with free reaper (DAW) you would be that much closer to recording

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Dec 13 2013, 04:06 PM
Learning Roadie
I just remember programming drum machines was an absolute pain, glad I never have to go back to that

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 14 2013, 03:52 AM
I'm with ya there!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 13 2013, 10:06 AM) *
I just remember programming drum machines was an absolute pain, glad I never have to go back to that

I'm with ya there!

QUOTE (PosterBoy @ Dec 13 2013, 10:06 AM) *

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:59 PM