> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Jax - Aeolian Lead Intermediate, Lesson by David Walliman
GRADE
Aeolian Lead Intermediate Level 4
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 5 ] ** [100.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

JD_
Aug 16 2011, 12:40 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey GMC,
Here is my take on David Walliman's "Aeolian Lead - Intermediate" Lesson.

Another awesome lesson by David Walliman.... I really rate him as a player and enjoy his challenging lessons...very impressive...in saying that, it's very hard to match/come close to his sound, but here's my shot at it.....

Original lesson can be found here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...d-intermediate/

My Take:

Gear:
Warmoth Strat
HD Cam
POD Farm GX
Reaper

Thanks in advance for the feedback cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Aug 24 2011, 03:37 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Daniel Realpe
Aug 16 2011, 03:45 PM
Instructor
Very good take! the tone is very nice and the notes and timing and perfect imo

Make sure you practice long notes more, and carefully listen to your intonation. Play with no vibrato first and notice the difference, and then add vibrato

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 16 2011, 05:03 PM
Instructor
It's a good take. You tone is very good, as well as your picking and timing. I think that you need to have more strength in your left hand to do the vibrato and bending stronger. However you did a good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 17 2011, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Excellent job with timing and picking control, very very well done. The thing you need to work a bit is vibrato and intonation. Try to raise fretting control as well (because of the scalloped fretboard, some of the notes go sharp as you push them slightly). So, balance out the fretting pressure, and smooth out the vibrato movements, so they are equal in frequency and pitch. You are getting there, just focus on these things and it will be even better. A 8 from me, excellent timing and picking.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Aug 17 2011, 11:52 AM
Instructor
I couldn't agree more to everything that has been said by the guys smile.gif plus, Ivan's extra special advice regarding the scalloped fretboard wink.gif try to work on the long notes - articulation is a very important thing to master and it's going to provide THAT flavor you need to sound smooth and authentic wink.gif

+Quote Post
Adrian Figallo
Aug 18 2011, 01:54 AM
Instructor
agree with all of you guys, just wanted to say that i enjoyed your take smile.gif.

--------------------

Check my Instructor Profile Rockers!
Got a Blog too!, www.adriantracks.com

Follow me on facebook and youtube!
-Facebook
-Youtube

+Quote Post
skennington
Aug 23 2011, 05:13 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Solid 8!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:42 PM