Question Regarding Naming Chords And Gear
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 31 2011, 10:42 PM
GMC:er
infact isn't actually chords, since we are going to use two notes..we can say naming intervals i guess.

heres a example

Ex
Bxx
Gxx
D--------5
A--------3
E-xx

okay that 3 would be a C and the 5 would be a G. A Root and a perfect fifth = C5

but if we have it like this.

Ex
Bxx
Gxx
D--------4
A--------3
E-xx

you still have the C root and F# that in this case is gonna be a Tritone, so how do you call this? C4aug/C5dim?

sorry for the "noob" question q:, but i have been focus on building chords and stuff more than ever, i am kind "stuck" with this kind of little question.

the other question is: how do you keep your guitar, from staining like smoke after a gig, special after playing in small bars ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 31 2011, 10:47 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Aug 1 2011, 10:29 AM
Instructor
Some intervals can be named in at least two ways. This one can be either an augmented 4th OR a diminished 5th. those two notes are ENHARMONIC (that's the term used for this: same pitch, different name)

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 1 2011, 03:24 PM
Instructor
As Daniel said, depending on the context, it can be augmented 4th, or diminished 5th. You can call it diminished 5th with no problems.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 1 2011, 05:33 PM
Instructor
yeah, both are ok, but in Rock & Metal, we use the "diminished 5th" name more often.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Aug 1 2011, 07:36 PM
GMC:er
tyvm

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 3 2011, 09:50 AM
Instructor
np gth B_)

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:04 AM