Drum Tracks
Mike Seddon
May 7 2008, 11:15 PM
GMC:er
Guys,

Not sure where to post this and maybe this is the wrong forum because it's not really gear I;m talking about.

I'm in a three piece band (2 Guitars, 1 bass). We use a drum machine (usually Leaf Drums software) to put together drum tracks for our own songs.

However we like to play covers. For example tonight we added Don't Believe a Word by Thin LIzzy to our practice.

I am wondering if you can buy drum tracks for well known songs such as this?

I've seen play along tracks that don't have vocals or lead guitars before but I am wondering if you can actually buy tracks of just the drums.

Anyone know of such a thing?

Thanks

Mike

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Mike Seddon: May 7 2008, 11:16 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
skennington
May 8 2008, 12:11 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Hi Mike, I know you can find MIDI tracks of songs and remove the parts you dont want. Not exactly sure how its done but I know who does. PM me and I'll give you his name, that way he dont get flooded with questions as he is pretty busy around here. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
May 8 2008, 12:37 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I don't think there are just drum tracks of famous songs to buy, but you can buy midi files (I think) and enter just the drum track from them into your drum machine and you'll get what your looking for..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Juan M. Valero
May 8 2008, 07:40 AM
Instructor
yeah, that's the best option. Get the MIDI file and change the sounds for your VST to get a better sound smile.gif

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
May 8 2008, 10:11 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (skennington @ May 8 2008, 12:11 AM) *
Hi Mike, I know you can find MIDI tracks of songs and remove the parts you dont want. Not exactly sure how its done but I know who does. PM me and I'll give you his name, that way he dont get flooded with questions as he is pretty busy around here. smile.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:42 AM