Major Pod X3 Live Problem
The Uncreator
Mar 3 2008, 10:15 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Ok so i turned on my POD this morning to jam, and i have somethign really weird happening.

I start playing and all is going well , then the volume just cuts to zero, and there is no sound.

If i switch patches the sound comes back, but then a few seconds later, its cuts out again.

Any idea? I keep this thing in excellent condition, and i just played for a few hours last night with no problems, any help is MUCH appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 3 2008, 10:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
Is just the sound fading away or is the pod turning itself off?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 3 2008, 10:18 PM
Sound goes away completely, POD Stays on and everything.

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 3 2008, 10:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Try to replace everything in your setup with an alternative your sure about it's working (Cables, power supplies, another guitar, speaker). If the problem still occurs then it has to be the pod itself. I'm not an expert on pod's myself but they have such a high quality standard that I'm 90% percent sure that the problem is something else than the pod...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 3 2008, 10:24 PM
Yeah good idea, ill try it now.

+Quote Post
muntahunta
Mar 4 2008, 10:58 AM
Learning Roadie
lol i had this problem on my XT but cant remember how i fixed it.

im sure it had something to do with the headphone jack, when i get home i'll have a look around if you havn't fixed it

--------------------
Guitars:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ Dual EMG 81 Pickups. Size 11 Strings.
Ibanez GRG170DX w/ Scallopd frets 17-24 - w/ Dimebucker and APH-1.
Tanglewood TW28 STR DLX CE INDIANA Acoustic Guitar
NEW: Dean Deceiver w/ EMG 81/EMG 85 Pickups
Effects:
Pod XT Live AND Pod X3 Live
Recording:
Cubase SX3

My Bands Myspace
Act Of Silence

Songs:

Fly From The Inside (Cover)
So Far Away
Down
Break The Cycle
Never Again (Cover)
Crash
Wake Me

More Acoustic Songs:
Chris Kerswell Soundclick Page

Check out Munta's Step By Step Songwriting Lesson

+Quote Post
MickeM
Mar 4 2008, 11:52 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Things that usualy stops functioning are cords. Maybe it's not related to when you switch sounds the sound comes back, maybe you move and the headphone cord gets a working position, or you move the POD and the cord to your PA finds a working position.

Also check the jack, if that's the problem. I have fooled myself more than a hundered times jerking with the jack on my Guitarport while it was the cord to my headphones´, the connection to the actual headset, was half way pulled out so I only got low volume and noise.

Check if Line6 have any software updates for your model. Or if you rescently installed one that came with a big in it.

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 4 2008, 01:10 PM
GMC:er
Just a thought:
Does it get dead silent, or just very low volume?
When I have to high volume, for example when viewing a GMC lesson using the POD as soundcard, it lowers the overall sound to get the GMC lesson on a "normalized" level. The lessons default level is much higher than all my other soundapps. I haven't bothered to check if it's the POD or my headphones that does the normalizing.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 4 2008, 04:25 PM
Ok, so i bough ALL new cables, almost $50 worth, and the problem occurs less now, but still.

It seems to happen with my Ibanez most, so im goign to pop her open after school and check it out.

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Mar 7 2008, 07:21 PM
dont think opening it is a good idea, might void your warrenty. it might be the patches on it? because its like a computer, so it might have a corrupted file in there some where, like .bat? whatnot. try returning the settingsto factory settings and see what happens. if that dont work, then bring it to the shop you found it and scream for refund lol

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 7 2008, 11:10 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Maybe it got some software bug...Try reseting to factory or something..I don't think its your guitar or cables because when you change patch you instantly get the sound back ?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 11 2008, 03:28 PM
Yeah, but 2 seconds after i change it, the problem happens again.

Anyway, I bought all new cables, erased the POD, and downloaded the patches back from my computer, I looked in my Ibanez and the wire leading to the input jack was barely attached at all, so i fixed that up (Don't worry, I know my Ibanez better than my own house, and Im fairly good with electronics) and since then.....I have no money to buy strings to see it if has been fixed laugh.gif

Either way, im playing on my Dean right now, and it hasnt happened yet, so this is a good sign smile.gif

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 11 2008, 03:37 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Good to hear you solved it smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
skipdaflip
Mar 13 2008, 09:57 AM
solved? I think the problem is still there... because it just don't happen with your dean doesn't mean it wouldn't happen anymore with your ibanez. PODX3 Live has a new update... try it and perhaps your problem has been solved.

I'm very happy with mine, but it looks like vista doesn't always see my Podx3. When I turn my x3 on and start the gmc I can put the sounds through my x3. Sometimes it works but sometimes not. If I look in the sound options menu of the x3 and I play some music I see the level going up and down (so it looks like it's using my x3). But no sound is coming out.

I think it's an vista issue...

This post has been edited by skipdaflip: Mar 13 2008, 10:04 AM

--------------------
Can anyone rate me?

Guitars:
• Ibanez S5470 TKR Prestige
• Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Air Norton & Dimarzio Tone Zone
• Washburn D10SCE WALNUT DREADNOUGHT SOLID TOP
• Some kind of cheap Guitar...

Amps:
MARSHALL JTM30

Guitar Gear:
Line6 X3 Live
Boss AC-3

Gear:
Edirol UA-25 24 bit/96 kHz USB Audio Capture
Edirol PC-50 MIDI Keyboard Controller
Roland HP203-ERW
Behringer B-1

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 14 2008, 12:46 AM
Well the problem is back, the update didnt do anything, Its not my Ibanez, not my dean, not my washburn, not my cables or amp

Im happy to know i just purchased a $550 defective product, great job Line 6 dry.gif

Now i gotta complain to Line 6 for a few hours, Probably gonna have to send it back.

+Quote Post
Stevie-Ray-Vaugh...
Mar 14 2008, 12:48 AM
Learning Rock Star
That sucks man sad.gif Is there anyway to tell if its a defect just by looking at it? Because I was considering one

--------------------

But still I want answers, what's the point, what does all this mean?

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 16 2008, 03:44 PM
Ok after hours and hours of calling Line 6 Support etc.

I talked to one of the Line 6 guys at the forum, And he gave me and amazingly easy simple solution. Basically all I did was turn every knob from minimum to maximum back and forth for about 30 seconds, with ever knob, and WA LA!!

Its fixed, I'm not entirely sure why, But it is, so i'm happy!

+Quote Post
Fran
Mar 16 2008, 04:13 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
blink.gif blink.gif
Weird solution indeed! but if it works, then I guess it's fine smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Mar 16 2008, 04:16 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Mar 16 2008, 02:44 PM) *
Ok after hours and hours of calling Line 6 Support etc.

I talked to one of the Line 6 guys at the forum, And he gave me and amazingly easy simple solution. Basically all I did was turn every knob from minimum to maximum back and forth for about 30 seconds, with ever knob, and WA LA!!

Its fixed, I'm not entirely sure why, But it is, so i'm happy!

Lmao- almost as simple as the hammer approach wink.gif

glad its all fixed mate

This post has been edited by DeepRoots: Mar 16 2008, 04:16 PM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 09:42 AM