Shunk Funk, Need Advices..
Manu RASSE
Oct 2 2022, 01:08 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi GMC,

I have been working SHUNK FUNK for a long time
I got discouraged several times because this lesson is very hard.
It’s been two months since I started working every day.

A few days ago, I watched this old video I showed Gab in 2017.
It’s catastrophic, but I’m glad I kept it because I think I’ve made progress since then.

I’ll show you a new video soon.
I still have a lot of work to do, but I think reading the reviews can boost my learning.
I’m melancholic because I sold that stratocaster. sad.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Manu RASSE: Oct 2 2022, 01:11 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 2 2022, 03:33 PM
Learning Tone Master
Hi Manu!

It's great to see you working on a new lesson. I listened to your take a few times and I can say that you are going in a good direction. smile.gif

I will start by pointing out some general observations.

1. You need to play this lesson more clearly and cleaner. There are a few places where the notes sound too messy. Be careful how you make the muting to not let be heard unwanted noises.

2. Accents - as in your previous lesson, this one also needs stronger accents. Also, try to play with more intention because at this moment your playing is a little too soft for this lesson.

3. Vibrato - be careful where you have the notes which should be played with the vibrato. At this moment, the vibrato on the important notes is missing from your take.

Now let's go deeper into details (my favorite area smile.gif ):

0:17 - wrong note

0:23 - be careful on this spot. The notes that I highlighted in the tab should be heard only two times.
Attached Image

0:26 - Make the muting very good and play the G note clean and clear.
Attached Image

0:37 - 0:39 - From the rhythmic point of view, this part needs more work. Be careful where is the moment when you should hit the "x" notes and how many times. You tend to add more strikes than you should and this thing adds a wrong rhythmical equality.

0:42 you hit a wrong note

I think I should stop at this point because you already have a lot of details to work on. Once you finish managing them, I will give you more. wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 2 2022, 05:01 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi monica

This video dates from 2017, it is a reference point

This audio take is what I am able to do today.
I am aware that it is far from the goal but I have a lot of work on it and every day
I try to improve something, the path will be long.

What do you think about this one ?

This post has been edited by Manu RASSE: Oct 2 2022, 05:02 PM

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Oct 2 2022, 05:58 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Manu RASSE @ Oct 2 2022, 04:01 PM) *
Hi monica

This video dates from 2017, it is a reference point

This audio take is what I am able to do today.
I am aware that it is far from the goal but I have a lot of work on it and every day
I try to improve something, the path will be long.

What do you think about this one ?

I listened to the track and it sounds better than you think. smile.gif
From the dynamics point of view, it is way better than what I heard in your old video take. Of course, there's still enough room for improvement. But...don't worry, with patience you can do it. You already proved this many times.
Also, I like the fact that I can hear the vibrato, which gives a different flavor to your take. That's a very good thing. I love it!!! smile.gif

The problems are:

- The timing issues (mostly on the first half of the track)- you have moments when you hurry (like at 0:11).
Starting with 0:23, you start to control the timing and that is what we want to hear.

- The accents - there are places where you need stronger accents.

- The clearness of each note. There are moments where the beginning of the phrase doesn't sound clear enough. I can't hear all the notes (as an example: 0:08).

- At 0:19 - you played a wrong note. From what I hear, it seems that, besides the fact that you switched the order of the two middle notes, one of them is wrong.

I'm sure you can manage all these things. When you will make a video I will be able to give you more details. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 3 2022, 11:47 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Ok Monica.

I should make a take soon.

Have a nice day.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 4 2022, 01:53 AM
GMC:er
Monica has given a great instructor level critique and I honestly don't have much to add. The only thing I would say is that you have the one element that is required to make this sound good. You have got the FUNK in you!!!!!

Todd

QUOTE (Manu RASSE @ Oct 3 2022, 06:47 AM) *
Ok Monica.

I should make a take soon.

Have a nice day.

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Oct 4 2022, 03:19 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Sarge

Thank you smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th May 2024 - 05:05 AM