> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

50 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 >  
Misterm's Thread, for Gab's Army
Manu RASSE
Feb 12 2022, 07:45 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

I love your guitar line that you play before starting your comment. It's so natural !
Ok for the instructors comments... I agree... I'm maybe a little sensible..
It was my feeling on the fact. Today he left. I regained confidence.

I focus on my pinky.
It's not easy but I should trying again to make minimal movement as you say.
Actually, my max speed is 90 BPM. It's already very fast because the positions are not easy with some string skipping.
I'm not very confident to play 130 BPM. Wait and see.
I should keep slow playing with a lot of decontraction. I understand your advices.

About Big Band Funk Grooves : I have a lot of pleasure with this one.
I tried to relax my wrist.. It's not very natural for me. I keep focus on it.

Thank for personnal video and have a nice week-end

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MisterM: Feb 12 2022, 07:49 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2022, 05:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 12 2022, 03:45 AM) *
Hi Gab

I love your guitar line that you play before starting your comment. It's so natural !

Thanks mate! I was thinking that starting these video responses with a short jam/lick can be a good idea. biggrin.gif

Ok for the instructors comments... I agree... I'm maybe a little sensible..
It was my feeling on the fact. Today he left. I regained confidence.

Nice! smile.gif

I focus on my pinky.
It's not easy but I should trying again to make minimal movement as you say.
Actually, my max speed is 90 BPM. It's already very fast because the positions are not easy with some string skipping.
I'm not very confident to play 130 BPM. Wait and see.
I should keep slow playing with a lot of decontraction. I understand your advices.

About Big Band Funk Grooves : I have a lot of pleasure with this one.
I tried to relax my wrist.. It's not very natural for me. I keep focus on it.

Thank for personnal video and have a nice week-end

Ok! As I said in the video, you are progressing every day. Keep on practicing with these things in mind and trust me that the sky is the limit. You are doing an amazing job at GMC. Keep going!

Enjoy your weekend!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Feb 22 2022, 05:52 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab,

Yesterday Day 15. Hard to focus on my pinky.
I try to relax myself, day by day it gets easyer.
Here a take 100BPM.

I added this day my work on Big Band Funk
It's a firts REC, I know that I need a lot of work.
I wanted to show you my progress over the past 10 days

This post has been edited by MisterM: Feb 24 2022, 07:09 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 25 2022, 03:09 PM
Instructor
Hi MisterM! How are you?

QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 22 2022, 01:52 AM) *
Hi Gab,

Yesterday Day 15. Hard to focus on my pinky.
I try to relax myself, day by day it gets easyer.
Here a take 100BPM.

Great job! This one sounds very good. You hands look relaxed and your hand movement is very small. I can say that your technique is very effective and economic here, and that you can continue increasing speed. I don't notice any relevant thing to improve here. In the future, I'd like to hear your guitar a bit louder in the mix. Other than that, this is killer!

QUOTE (MisterM @ Feb 22 2022, 01:52 AM) *
I added this day my work on Big Band Funk
It's a firts REC, I know that I need a lot of work.
I wanted to show you my progress over the past 10 days

This lesson is an excellent choice for you. It is very rhythmical and requires a lot of groove and dynamics control. Try this exercise:

- Mute the strings with your left hand and practice strumming all strings with your right hand playing 16th notes over the backing track. Be sure to use the right dynamics (Accentuating the first strum of each group of 4). Focus on relaxing your right hand, and move your body along with the rhythm. The idea is that you feel the rhythm. (Closing your eyes can help)

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 25 2022, 03:10 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Feb 28 2022, 11:05 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

COVID since 26/02/2022

I am tired.
My eardrums are congested.
I tried to play but it does not work for the last 2 days

I should update later

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 3 2022, 02:14 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm sorry to know this. The best thing you can do is rest to regain strength. You'll be better soon. Drink plenty of water, and consult your doctor if you continue to feel unwell in a couple of days.

I wish you a quick recovery!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 12 2022, 07:40 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab,

My COVID is over, I was sick for 5 days.
I've been playing again for a few days.
I have to get treatment again for right forearm pain.
It's quite painful because I have to take breaks.

Today I will try to make a video for the REC about OPEN STRING PULL OFF RIFF

I play this lesson every day, I feel a little better with it.
I don't think I would meet all the expectations of the instructors but this lesson is quite difficult.
I should try to give a best of myself and I put it on the REC if I find it good.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Mar 12 2022, 07:41 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2022, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Hello MisterM! Good to know that you are already recovered from Covid and playing the guitar again! That country lesson is great. I'll wait for your take to comment on it and give it the grading in the REC program.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 12 2022, 05:38 PM
Veteran Tone Master
It's on REC Section
Excuse me, I usually wait for your approval, but I want to move on

edit :

Monica, Todd, Kristofer 8/10 smile.gif
I am satisfied. I know it's not perfect but I feel like I learned a lot from this lesson.
I've been playing this one for months and it's tiring to always repeat the same thing.

Right now my mind is quite negative regarding my progress.
I feel like I'm stagnating.

- I am very positive and happy when I learn a new lesson.
- I am negative when the effort to finalize seems to take a lot of time and practice.

I will try to focus and find a little motivation on my lessons in progress.

Have a nice week with your band.

This post has been edited by MisterM: Mar 13 2022, 07:34 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2022, 09:14 PM
Instructor
Great job mate! I gave you feedback and graded your take. You did an amazing job.

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=797263

Congrats!!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 15 2022, 06:30 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

Thank you for feedback and grading.
I'm happy to obtain 8.

Here my work 110 BPM
up to 115 next target... It should be a hard work to up my speed.
Wait and see.

I should be focus with my headphone on this one.
I feel beter with it.

Also I saw that Marcus placed his thumb higher on the nec.
I try to reproduce this gesture, I feel that it is easier for the economy movement.
Darius often told me that my jazz position was an obstacle for certain techniques.
I will try to apply this more often.

REC 1 : 70 BPM (Day 2)
Spoiler:

REC 2 : 100 BPM (Day 15)
Spoiler:

REC 3 : 110 BPM (Day 36)

This post has been edited by MisterM: Mar 16 2022, 10:07 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 18 2022, 02:24 PM
Instructor
Hello MisterM!

Very good work. It is obvious that you have been working hard in this lesson. I also think that your hands posture and movements could be an obstacle for some techniques. That's why I think that trying to emulate Marcus's movements and positions can be very beneficial for you.

To try to incorporate these new postures, it is best to practice at a tempo that you are comfortable with, however, I think you could also try practicing a few minutes at the final tempo of the lesson as that will help you to be more comfortable playing at this tempo and get to the target faster.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Mar 21 2022, 11:37 AM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

Thank you for feedback about NEOCLASSICAL ETUDE 2.
If I increase the speed too much, I lose control.
My fingers make mistakes and I lose confidence. I prefer to keep the progression slow with this one. Currently I play at 120 BPM. I start at 70/80/90/100 with the metronome and then I play with the backing track 100/105/110/115/120. It's a training session of about 40 minutes with some control. When I can, I pratise 2 session per day.

About BIG BAND FUNK I listend to your advices.
I practice exercises a few days a week, it's not easy to relax but I feel like I'm seeing some progress on this take.
I'm conscient that it lake of precision - I'll do another one in 15 days to see if it's better.
I have time, I really like playing on the track with Diego.

- "Mute the strings with your left hand and practice strumming all strings with your right hand playing 16th notes over the backing track. Be sure to use the right dynamics (Accentuating the first strum of each group of 4). Focus on relaxing your right hand, and move your body along with the rhythm. The idea is that you feel the rhythm. (Closing your eyes can help)"

Big Band Funk Grooves audio only (day 40)

Edit : 25/03/2022 smile.gif

This post has been edited by MisterM: Mar 26 2022, 06:36 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 28 2022, 03:28 PM
Instructor
Excellent work Mister!! The precision with which you play the neoclassical solo is spectacular. The only thing I can tell you to keep improving and perfecting is that during the next few days of practice you focus a little more on the dynamics and the sound you get when you pick. This is a super advanced detail but since you did a great job and you can already play this solo at 120 bpm, now you can concentrate on the smaller details.

QUOTE (MisterM @ Mar 21 2022, 07:37 AM) *
About BIG BAND FUNK I listend to your advices.
I practice exercises a few days a week, it's not easy to relax but I feel like I'm seeing some progress on this take.
I'm conscient that it lake of precision - I'll do another one in 15 days to see if it's better.
I have time, I really like playing on the track with Diego.

- "Mute the strings with your left hand and practice strumming all strings with your right hand playing 16th notes over the backing track. Be sure to use the right dynamics (Accentuating the first strum of each group of 4). Focus on relaxing your right hand, and move your body along with the rhythm. The idea is that you feel the rhythm. (Closing your eyes can help)"

Big Band Funk Grooves audio only (day 40)

You are on a very good path. Diego's funk lessons are quite demanding, but at the same time they are very effective and entertaining. You still need to keep polishing the sound and dynamics but like I said before, you're headed in the right direction.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 4 2022, 03:03 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

Thank you.
About precision it's very hard to focus on details.
My poor right hand technic makes this lesson a race against time for me.
I am happy to reach the maximum speed, it is an achievement in my eyes.
I will try to continue 10 more days because the pleasure decreases day after day with this one.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 6 2022, 06:43 PM
Instructor
Hey Manu!

he truth is that your work on this lesson is excellent. You managed to get to the normal tempo of the lesson and play it very accurately. If you continue practicing every day you will be able to polish the parts even more and maybe you can relax your hands a bit, mainly the right hand. However I think it sounds great!

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Apr 7 2022, 02:03 AM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 6 2022, 08:07 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Thank you GAB

My name is Emmanuel "Manu" not Laurent

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 7 2022, 02:02 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MisterM @ Apr 6 2022, 04:07 PM) *
Thank you GAB

My name is Emmanuel "Manu" not Laurent

Edited MANU! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Manu RASSE
Apr 10 2022, 06:39 PM
Veteran Tone Master
Hi Gab

I post the same message that I write to Todd SIMPSON

I can't make better.
One week that I try to improve but it's more speed for me.
It's a race against time.
My natural speed for this lesson with no warm-up is 70/80.
I need Warm up 40 mn to can play 130 BPM. mad.gif

I 'll need submit on REC Section.
What do you think about this rec ?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 12 2022, 01:28 PM
Instructor
Very good job MisterM! This take is obviously going to pass the REC program with a high score. I can notice that in some parts you are still not comfortable and you are like running after the beat but it is only a matter of time before you feel more comfortable with this lesson. In the meantime the best thing you can do is share it on the REC and start working on some other lesson. How about?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

50 Pages V  « < 47 48 49 50 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:10 PM