Backtracking Area.
Pedro
Oct 8 2008, 10:52 PM
GMC:er
Wouldnt it be nice .. if there is a place or a sortiment of backing tracks especial for certain music directions and of course musicians.
For example for guitarists, singers, bassists ?
It would easy up jamming and timing excercieses and many other things.
I dont know if its possible but it would be nice if they would be downloadable,
because you could mix it up in your favorite record program.

greetz
Pedro

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Fran
Oct 8 2008, 10:58 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Not exactly what you suggest, but just in case take a look in this thread, it lists a few sites with lots of backing tracks, the first one is specially good in my opinion:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...?showtopic=6278

Good luck wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 8 2008, 11:09 PM
QUOTE (Pedro @ Oct 8 2008, 02:52 PM) *
Wouldnt it be nice .. if there is a place or a sortiment of backing tracks especial for certain music directions and of course musicians.
For example for guitarists, singers, bassists ?
It would easy up jamming and timing excercieses and many other things.
I dont know if its possible but it would be nice if they would be downloadable,
because you could mix it up in your favorite record program.

greetz
Pedro

There are already so many sites out there that have BTs so not sure if GMC needs another thing to monitor. My fav right now is www.freshbt.com

--------------------
"Three Chords & The Truth . . ."

+Quote Post
Pedro
Oct 8 2008, 11:15 PM
Oh sorry i realy didnt know.
The only backing tracks i found where techno... so i gave up on searching.

Thank you guys smile.gif

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 9 2008, 11:23 PM
QUOTE (Pedro @ Oct 8 2008, 03:15 PM) *
Oh sorry i realy didnt know.
The only backing tracks i found where techno... so i gave up on searching.

Thank you guys smile.gif

Did you check out www.freshbt.com - There are alot of BTs on there - Alot more than techno.

You can also create your own via www.jamcenter.com

Enjoy

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 9 2008, 11:31 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hello Pedro,
I guess you can always search for a lesson in a genre that interests you and when you find a lesson which features the backing you like - you can practice over it..It would be pretty hard to organize all those backings in different categories when their main purpose is to accompany the lessons material..I would suggest bookmarking lessons that feature backings you like and use regularly for practice for easier access.Regarding downloading I think its currently impossible because of many copyright problems that can occur...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Pedro
Oct 10 2008, 01:16 AM
Thank you guys smile.gif

The sites are good. They fulfille my needs.
I understand that this would be a big problem with the rights.
Maybe im a bit overmotivated with my ideas but i hope that there are some
ideas which are useful and doable.

greetz
Pedro

This post has been edited by Pedro: Oct 10 2008, 01:18 AM

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 13 2008, 02:46 PM
Instructor
I think your idea is great and have a lot of potential, it's just that at the moment there isn't really enough space for that kind of work to be done. But I would sure like to see this feature some day. Thanks for this feedback smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Oct 14 2008, 07:58 AM
GMC Founder
Some kind of jamming section has always been on my wish list...I hope we can get that.

(Actually we were about to get that a while back - but as we started we just thought of more and more features and all of a sudden the GMC jamming machine had turned into such a huge project it would have been the largest implementation so far - with recording feature - etc etc.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 14 2008, 10:03 AM
Cool idea but a huge amount of work like Ivan said. I'm sure we'll see it implemented one day though smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Pedro
Oct 14 2008, 11:44 AM
That would be cool. Its good just to collect the ideas everyone has.
I mean if there are some ideas of yours which are more in the software genre (standalone applications)
I would code them so im offering my coding skills. Just let me know if there is something you would like to have.

greetz
Pedro

This post has been edited by Pedro: Oct 14 2008, 11:45 AM

+Quote Post
Guitar1969
Oct 15 2008, 11:08 PM
QUOTE (Pedro @ Oct 14 2008, 02:44 AM) *
That would be cool. Its good just to collect the ideas everyone has.
I mean if there are some ideas of yours which are more in the software genre (standalone applications)
I would code them so im offering my coding skills. Just let me know if there is something you would like to have.

greetz
Pedro

I also think it would be cool to have a section on GMC which is a Lick Library, where users could compile and share their favorite short licks. I know licks are scattered within the lessons or Lick of the day, but it seems that a common part of learning guitar is building a lick vocabulary(Every teacher says it and it is well known that every great guitarist has basically stolen others licks and made it their own in some form). So I have been going all over the web to find the most common ones, and have seen a few places that have forums dedicated just to that. Obviously the biggest issue would be using a standardized format

QUOTE (Pedro @ Oct 9 2008, 04:16 PM) *
Thank you guys smile.gif

The sites are good. They fulfille my needs.
I understand that this would be a big problem with the rights.
Maybe im a bit overmotivated with my ideas but i hope that there are some
ideas which are useful and doable.

greetz
Pedro

Pedro:
Here's another Guitar Backing track site I came across that you might like:

www.guitarBT.com

Haven't checkout it out much yet - I wish they would post the key of the backing tracks, especially the originals

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:37 AM