30 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 >  
Creativity Workout 1, Improve your composing skills!
Phil66
May 15 2017, 07:26 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Sorry Gab,

I'm not getting anything for this one and Ben's take has knocked me out. Well done Ben, nice one, you are so musical mate smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 15 2017, 10:03 PM
Learning Rock Star
Don't let me scare you, Phil! You've come up with some brilliant stuff in the past!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 16 2017, 11:45 AM
Thanks Ben,

Yours is complete though, drums, synth, guitar, bass, vocal. Awesome mate. Keep it up, it is inspiring smile.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2017, 12:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 15 2017, 02:42 PM) *
It's in a thread by itself, but here you go too:

I'm totally impressed! I've already talked about how fresh the track sounds. Now I have to say that your voice sounds so good an natural over this style! I think that your musical career has started. Take this seriously mate, and keep making music.

Congrats!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2017, 01:54 PM
Instructor
Ok! friends! It's time for a new Assignment!

Here we go:

Attached Image

PS: For the new students, please check the first post to know what to do: LINK

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
May 16 2017, 03:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
Let's do it! smile.gif

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 16 2017, 04:29 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ May 16 2017, 11:39 AM) *
Let's do it! smile.gif

I hope that you find the photo inspiring.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 17 2017, 07:47 AM
Got some ideas for that one smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 18 2017, 02:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 17 2017, 03:47 AM) *
Got some ideas for that one smile.gif

Nice! smile.gif

Anybody else working on this one?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 21 2017, 06:28 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ May 16 2017, 01:54 PM) *
Ok! friends! It's time for a new Assignment!

Here we go:

Attached Image

PS: For the new students, please check the first post to know what to do: LINK

Here just a scratch idea I am been working for this.
For some reason this image reminds me of my mom listening to her EDM stuff. I dunno why laugh.gif

Plus my nerd side, made me think of a like Sorceress in the climax of a fight.

So I tried to combine those two ideas.

So far this is what I got, (It still needs polishing and some rhythmical variety)

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: May 21 2017, 06:31 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 21 2017, 08:23 PM
I'm still thinking about this. Had much hassle the last few days, hopefully this week.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2017, 02:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 21 2017, 02:28 PM) *
Here just a scratch idea I am been working for this.
For some reason this image reminds me of my mom listening to her EDM stuff. I dunno why laugh.gif

Plus my nerd side, made me think of a like Sorceress in the climax of a fight.

So I tried to combine those two ideas.

So far this is what I got, (It still needs polishing and some rhythmical variety)

Hi mate! That's very interesting. The first song that comes to mind is Midnight by Joe Satriani, but this would be much crazier, and connects very well with the image.

I like it! Are you going to work on a new version with better sound of this one?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
May 22 2017, 03:30 PM
GMC:er
I actually got the inspiration from this lesson.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/polyrhythms_part1/

But yes, I will try and record with higher quality. Although might take a bit, still need to figure some variations.
Since the rhythm is pretty homogenic as if right now, it makes things boring after a while.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 22 2017, 03:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ May 22 2017, 11:30 AM) *
I actually got the inspiration from this lesson.
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/polyrhythms_part1/

But yes, I will try and record with higher quality. Although might take a bit, still need to figure some variations.
Since the rhythm is pretty homogenic as if right now, it makes things boring after a while.

Here you can check an example of how Joe manages structure, rhythm and dynamics using the same technique:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 27 2017, 09:41 PM
OK, I've put my initial idea down, I only spent 15 minutes on it though as time was out.

Girl taking a pleasant walk through the countryside enjoying the sunshine and the fresh air, she gets consumed by the black smoke veil, she is frightened, she eventually finds what she thinks is her happiness again but she is forever affected by the curse of the black smoke veil.

It needs more work but I don't know if I have time, I thought I should put it out here anyway. What do you think?

By the way, If you hear any interference it's because my recording laptop decided to do a HUGE update just as I started.

https://soundcloud.com/gmcphil-1/black-smoke-veil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 28 2017, 04:35 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, I love this! I've read the text first, and then listened to the song while reading the story again. It was like being in a movie. You could capture each feeling really well with notes, effects and noises. It's a very cinematic composition, very deep and expressive. I love when music tells a story.

YOU DID IT. CONGRATS MATE!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 28 2017, 10:50 PM
Thanks Gab,

It needs more atmosphere in the background, maybe birds singing in the first part and for the last part, maybe the sound of crows to emphasise the evil that lingers within.

Glad you liked it though smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2017, 12:32 AM
Instructor
I can imagine it with more production. Any plan to do it? smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
May 30 2017, 07:12 AM
Not sure mate,

Still got a couple of issues with the new computer. Got everything on that I need but got network and cloud problems. The time disappears more quickly sorting computers out than it does practicing guitar sad.gif

I'll see how it goes with time, got to get back on track.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
May 30 2017, 01:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ May 30 2017, 03:12 AM) *
Not sure mate,

Still got a couple of issues with the new computer. Got everything on that I need but got network and cloud problems. The time disappears more quickly sorting computers out than it does practicing guitar sad.gif

I'll see how it goes with time, got to get back on track.

Cheers

Yes, I know mate. sad.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

30 Pages V  « < 27 28 29 30 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:48 AM