Amp Line Out
ruben_mcn
Aug 10 2010, 09:39 PM
Learning Roadie
Hey Guys Can I conecnt the line out of my amp to line 6 ux1 ?? to recod the amp ? or will I need to buy microphone ??

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Bogdan Radovic
Aug 10 2010, 09:48 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (ruben_mcn @ Aug 10 2010, 10:39 PM) *
Hey Guys Can I conecnt the line out of my amp to line 6 ux1 ?? to recod the amp ? or will I need to buy microphone ??

If you want to record sound from that line out then - yes that is the way to do it.

If you want to record sound of amps speaker you hear in the room , then you would need a microphone.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Aug 10 2010, 10:01 PM
Learning Roadie
ty man..

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 10 2010, 10:28 PM
GMC:er
If your got a Line 6 UX1 then use it rather than recording just through a microphone!

Connect the guitar through the instrument input and it even has a high-quality microphone input with preamp port if you sing, etc.
Plug-in everything through it and start recording on your PC or Mac without any background interference.
Get the Line 6 Edition or any other recording software for it.

All Line 6 devices give recording options through the computer, Line 6 UX1 is awesome at it.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 10 2010, 10:32 PM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Aug 11 2010, 12:41 AM
Learning Roadie
But I usually do that smile.gif what i want to do this time is capture my amps tone by conecting its line out to my line 6 ux1 ...

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 11 2010, 12:56 AM
Put it on the amps feedback loop?

--------------------

Play Games Arcade
Take a break, Play Games! Play the best free online flash games at Aaron's Game Zone like Bloons Tower Defense 4!

+Quote Post
ruben_mcn
Aug 11 2010, 03:07 AM
Learning Roadie
I don´t understand what you mean huh.gif

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Aug 11 2010, 04:02 AM
Depends on your amp, but most quality ones offer FX Send and Return ports, you then have the extra option of connecting the guitar directly to the amp and creating one or more effect loops through the FX ports on the amp.

You end up with...
Guitar (pickup tone) > 'Input Port' > Amp (tone)
Amp > 'FX Send' > one or more effects (overlap rather than blur)
Effects > 'USB connection' > computer (connection for recording)
... > loop back to effects > 'FX Return' > loop back to amp

It weakens the effects but you hear the amp and pickup clearly through it.

If you have multiple effect, pedals, etc, they can all be looped in.
Microphone can be added through the Line 6 UX1 as well if you want.

Directly recording through that effect loop gives you less interference and higher quality sound.

This post has been edited by Azzaboi: Aug 11 2010, 04:07 AM

--------------------

Play Games Arcade

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Aug 11 2010, 11:42 PM
Instructor
Yes you can. Use regular mono audio cable (best you can find). Go from line out on the amp, to the line in on the UX1. There are stereo line inputs on UX1, on the back side. Use any of them.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:54 AM