Playing Lead Over Chord Progression`, Following the chord
Rain
Nov 18 2009, 01:33 AM
GMC:er
I've been watching the Marty Friedman's videos on Melodic Control ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4V4UUCLGw ) and he suggests "following the chords" which is to a scale that matches the chord, not staying in the same scale as the Key. That being said, I'm really struggling to create an exercise for myself that adequately captures this lesson.

Can anyone help me in making a lesson for chord changes? I don't think I need a video lesson or anything that serious but I would really appreciate a chord progression that has a suggested scale per chord to use. This way I can actually obtain experience while trying to comprehend the subject.

If anyone can help me on this - I would very much appreciate the assistance.

Thanks,
Rain

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Galneryus [SYU / YUUTO-LEDA] - the GazettE - Sonic Syndicate - Versailles - Sadie - Takayoshi Ohmura - Steve Vai - MintJam - Sex Machineguns - Gentaro Satomura - CYCLE - Paul Gilbert - X Japan - Disturbed
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
djohnneay
Nov 18 2009, 05:16 PM
GMC:er
You could just take some lessons at GMC that you like, and has multiple scales to it.
It is really hard to say which lessons are suitable in your situation, so you just might want to begin with some lessons like https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/dorian...asing_beginner/ and work your way up to some more difficult ones.
The point here is, you struggle with improvising, correct ?
In order to get better at this, you may need to start with some easy, repetitive chord progressions(like the one in the lesson I mentioned) and work up to some more difficult, "locking" ones, the kinda chord progressions that will "lock" you into using a certain scale for a fixed period of time, then moves on.
An example of that kind of lesson would be this one https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...i-style-lesson/ . In any case, you really have to use your ear a lot, and play the notes that sound good to you, so when you hear a certain chord, you immediately know which notes to play.
I hope this all makes some sense wink.gif

edit : readability

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by djohnneay: Nov 18 2009, 05:17 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:32 PM