Slash Signature Wah, Volt-question
Xuestor
Sep 24 2008, 08:12 PM
GMC:er
Hey!

I've been looking at the Slash Signature Wah, and it does seem very sweet, exept for one thing: The 18V operation. My question is, I have a Boss 9V power supply, with 6-7 powerconnections on it. Can I use 2 connectors to plug into the wah, or have they only put one mains on it? This seems like a very stupid design. (or smart if you consider the extra income in power supplies to Dunlop smile.gif)

The other 2 pedals I've been checking out is the Crybaby 535q and the Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah. I've also listened to a lot of modded, and "homemade" wahs, and it seems that I have a somewhat favourite in the "fasel Wahs". Which wah have these fasels in them?

Cheers.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Gear:
Epi LP with SD SH-2/SD SH-6
Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul Standard VOS Bourbon burst
Gibson Les Paul Classic Antique Vintage Sunburst
Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded Tobacco burst
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string
Hughes & Kettner Switchblade Head with 2*12 Celestion Vintage 30's Cab

Grammatic Professional auf Schweden
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Sep 24 2008, 08:17 PM
Learning Tone Master
You'll need a 18V power supply but I think it comes with one; but the Slash Wah is 2 pedals in one: A Wah that sounds good and an overdrive that sounds horrible (muddy and noisy) so it's not really worth it.

Crybabys are not the easiest to operate but by far the best sounding wahs out there today. The only wah that has a real handmade fasel from Italy is the Zakk Wylde signature wah; which sounds absolutely great. The 535q and the Dimebag Wah are also good but the Wylde one outruns them all soundwise imho (without being a fanboy). Go try some of them at a store and you'll find the one you want most.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
sidewas lightnin...
Sep 24 2008, 09:00 PM
Does it have an 18 volt power supply? I'll have to keep a watch on this topic, because I was going to get one of those but it might mess with things a little bit if this is true.

--------------------
I spelled my username wrong...I didn't even think that was possible!

Look at the topic for my guitar...
Finished Guitar Build

Gear:
Homemade strat (You still need to look at its topic!)
Squier strat (probably going to get rid of it and get another guitar instead) :)
Line 6 spider amp (not actually used for anything, just acts as a speaker)
Digitech Gnx2 (kind of old, but cheap, and sounds amazing!)

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Sep 24 2008, 09:05 PM
Does anybody know if the slash wah has some sort of spring-mechanism that moves the rocker back to bottom position after turning it off? Cause one of the few things I like with my Weeping Demon wah is the spring loaded rocker, that makes it possible to "wah" by only pressing down the tip of the rocker with your toes, it then rocks back and forth with the help of the spring.

This post has been edited by Xuestor: Sep 24 2008, 09:05 PM

--------------------
Gear:
Fender Stratocaster Antigua with Stan Hinesley Karma/ Stan Hinesley EXP/ Dimarzio Protrack
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 24 2008, 10:06 PM
Instructor
18V power supply? I would suggest to avoid that. Also I suggest that you avoid any signature goods, as they are not usually that good (for the price). I recommend 535Q, I plug it in 9Vadapter, has a true bypass, and a cool overall pedal. Here's my review of it.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 24 2008, 11:09 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
You will definitly need a new power adapter for that 18volt operation...That is a drag especially if you have the boss pedalboard....I would suggest avoiding that signature model and looking into 535q which is 9volt..Regarding springs , you have morley wah wahs that have springs in and you engage the wah just by stepping on it smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Sep 28 2008, 07:59 AM
I just recently purchased the Slash wah. It did not come with its own power supply but I just paid $14 and picked up a 18V at the guitar store. Now the distortion on it sucks really bad. Its pretty useless. But besides that it is an awesome pedal. And no it does not spring up like the Weeping demon. I have a weeping demon but I think I am going to get rid of it. Don't like the break in my sound when I go to use it when the spring is engaged. The slash is nice but you can probably get just as good as a wah for less money than what the slash goes for. Good Luck!!

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.

+Quote Post
Xuestor
Sep 28 2008, 09:07 AM
QUOTE (Saint_arc @ Sep 28 2008, 08:59 AM) *
I just recently purchased the Slash wah. It did not come with its own power supply but I just paid $14 and picked up a 18V at the guitar store. Now the distortion on it sucks really bad. Its pretty useless. But besides that it is an awesome pedal. And no it does not spring up like the Weeping demon. I have a weeping demon but I think I am going to get rid of it. Don't like the break in my sound when I go to use it when the spring is engaged. The slash is nice but you can probably get just as good as a wah for less money than what the slash goes for. Good Luck!!

So, which one do you prefer? Does the Slash wah have a "thicker" tone to it? I experience the Weeping demon as very nasal and thin sounding. Have you compared the Slash Wah with the Dunlop 535q Wah aswell?

--------------------
Gear:
Jem 7VWH
Fender CD160NT 12-string
Ibanez AW40NT 6-string
Martin 000X1 6-string

+Quote Post
Saint_arc
Sep 28 2008, 09:53 AM
QUOTE (Xuestor @ Sep 28 2008, 12:07 AM) *
So, which one do you prefer? Does the Slash wah have a "thicker" tone to it? I experience the Weeping demon as very nasal and thin sounding. Have you compared the Slash Wah with the Dunlop 535q Wah aswell?

Yes I have compared the two, even went home to think about it some more. I couldn't get quite the same tone out of the 535Q as i did with the Slash wah. Granted the distortion was useless I didn't purchase it for that. I got a much better, thicker tone than any other wah pedal I have ever owned. But it always comes down to taste, what you prefer. I believe the 535q is cheaper than the Slash pedal, but the Slash had the perfect tone I was looking for (plus its red) hehehe I like red. Thats what I wanted. Don't forget to double check before you purchase and see if it has a power supply otherwise you will need an 18v supply. I ordered mine from ebay and it did not have a supply with it. Just make sure that you get an 18v supply with 150mA. Good luck to ya!

Mike

--------------------
Mike

Alaska..........I'm so going to retire here!!!!

Guitars:
Parker Fly, Fender Deluxe American Strat, Taylor 414ce.

Amps: Fender Supersonic 212/head, Fender Champion 600, Powered Mackie floor wedge.

Effects: BOSS GT-10, Line 6 POD Pro XT, Sennheiser Wireless, TS 808 tube screamer, BOSS RC-20XL Looper, SW-95 Cry Baby Slash wah, Weeping Demon Wah, Route 66 overdrive/compression, and many more.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:47 AM