Good Cheap Bass
SnoCone
Mar 8 2009, 04:09 AM
GMC:er
Simple as that, would like a good cheap bass between $200-$350 dollars

Most likely a 4 string, Unless you guys find 5 strings far better

Just a guitar player but would like to get a bass that plays fast,nice and smooth

thanks!

i was thinking about the Dean Edge 4 4-String but then again i have no idea what is a 'good' bass.

there is also a dean edge 5 http://bass-guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product?sku=519803X on sale for $100 less but its scratch n dent

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by SnoCone: Mar 8 2009, 04:25 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 8 2009, 04:19 AM
Instructor
This one is the Tony Levin model I think is a good bass. But I prefer 5 string basses because they have a lower string that sometimes is really usefull.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OLP-TONY-LEVIN-SIG...93%3A1|294%3A50

Also you could try the cheap Corvette line of Warwick basses. Those are great too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
SnoCone
Mar 8 2009, 04:23 AM
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Mar 8 2009, 04:19 AM) *
This one is the Tony Levin model I think is a good bass. But I prefer 5 string basses because they have a lower string that sometimes is really usefull.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-OLP-TONY-LEVIN-SIG...93%3A1|294%3A50

Also you could try the cheap Corvette line of Warwick basses. Those are great too.

awesome ill check those out, also, are 5 string basses any harder to play?

+Quote Post
Ramiro Delforte
Mar 8 2009, 04:28 AM
Instructor
Nop, for a guitar player the 5 string basses are easier to play because the strings are much more closer.
In a 4 string bass the strings have more space in between and that's something that we are not used to.

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile and Board

LIVE VIDEO CHATS EVERY MONDAY AROUND 22PM (GMC HOUR)

+Quote Post
SnoCone
Mar 8 2009, 04:30 AM
QUOTE (Ramiro Delforte @ Mar 8 2009, 04:28 AM) *
Nop, for a guitar player the 5 string basses are easier to play because the strings are much more closer.
In a 4 string bass the strings have more space in between and that's something that we are not used to.

oh good point, plus i might enjoy the versatility of an extra string down the road

+Quote Post
SnoCone
Mar 8 2009, 05:25 PM
i found a Rock Bass by Warrick on sale for about $350, 5 stringer too, im thinking about getting it, thoughts?

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 8 2009, 05:28 PM
Learning Tone Master
Warwicks are great! You could also try a Peavey Grindbass 4/5 string

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
SnoCone
Mar 8 2009, 05:33 PM
Yeah i just checked out the grindbass, its definately down to the RockBass and the GrindBass

rockbass is $450 but down to 350 on a sale i found

grindbass is $400

pro/cons of both? ( going to get the 5 string version)

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Mar 8 2009, 05:42 PM
Learning Tone Master
Haven't played the Warwick Rockbass (only the more expenive, handmade models). Warwick delivers a great quality for sure and their higher end models blow me away...

I actually own a Grindbass and I think it's built quality and material are superior to any other bass at that price but on the other hand: Bad electronics and pickups result in only a ''decent'' tone...

Try to compare both in a store if possible!!!

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Mar 8 2009, 06:39 PM
Instructor
I recorded my album on Shine 6 strings bass. Great guitar and very cheap. I found this 5 string model also not expensive

http://www.guitarfactory.co.uk/product.php...=267&page=1

£159.00 (€ 194.54)
including VAT

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
SnoCone
Mar 8 2009, 09:36 PM
i ended up purchasing the RockBass itl be here in a few days and ill let you guys know how it is

+Quote Post
dusty
Mar 8 2009, 10:30 PM
sorry i caught this thread too late, my first ever buy was a Dean bass and it is still the love of my life ( apart from she who must be obeyed of course) still hope you enjoy the warwick they are a great peice of work. smile.gif

--------------------
"smoke me a kipper i'll be back for breakfast"

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 8 2009, 11:17 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (SnoCone @ Mar 8 2009, 09:36 PM) *
i ended up purchasing the RockBass itl be here in a few days and ill let you guys know how it is

Just saw this topic smile.gif

Rock Bass should be cool choice in that price range! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 9 2009, 12:31 AM
Instructor
I've checked the Rock Bass, should be a good instrument. Let us know how you like it mate! smile.gif

PS COngratulations! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SnoCone
Mar 10 2009, 02:34 AM
Ill definately let you all know! im a beginner bass player and an intermediate guitar player so i thought i'd snag one to spice it up a bit

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:16 PM