> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

(7,6 Pass) Nikeman64 - Pentatonic Solo Lesson, Lesson By Marcus Siepen
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [40.00%]
8 [ 3 ] ** [60.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5

nikeman64
Sep 11 2011, 08:52 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Pentatonic Solo Lesson by Marcus Siepen

Hey guys, Eight note triplets 160 Bpm, never played this fast before. As Ben noticed, there is too much movement of my right thumb. It's a bad build in reflex (from years) that I need to work on to get more stamina and fast tempo accuracy. I guess it will take some time..... grtz, Nico

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Experienced Tone Seeker
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 12 2011, 07:36 AM
Instructor
Hey there Nico! smile.gif the take is very good overall, but you should work a lil' bit more on balance and timing, listening on the shuffly feel of the groove! It's not really a straight groove so that's what I was saying smile.gif check out some rhythm lessons based on shuffle, in order to understand this specific type of groove and then, I can bet your take will sound much, much more balanced!

You can pick out some from this list here:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/search/shuffle/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 12 2011, 09:27 AM
Instructor
Hi Nico, this is a cool take of a cool lesson cool.gif

Your vibrato and bending are good, as is your picking. For the timing aspect that Cosmin mentioned (it's only slightly noticeable) try to hold back a little bit from rushing and that will help you stay in the shuffle groove. smile.gif

For that stretch lick try moving the abgle of your hand even more so it's more parralel to the neck (classical position) and see if that makes it any easier. It might feel a little unnatural to you at first as you're used to playing with an angled hand (as most of us are) but being able to switch to the classical position when needed is a vital tool and will come in useful biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Sep 12 2011, 02:20 PM
Instructor
Hi man ! Nice take , as the guys says - pay attention to groove! It's not everything in a strict beat,try to feel the song, relax and everything will come in its place! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 12 2011, 03:14 PM
Instructor
hi man! the overall is very good! As Cosmin said there is a problem with the timing and the groove on this one. You are all the time a bit out of time but it's because you don't have the groove incorporated. Check also the lick at 00:50, it sound weird. Keep on rocking!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Daniel Realpe
Sep 13 2011, 03:30 PM
Instructor
Nice take in general. I agree with the feedback above. Intonation needs to be more precise.

at 0:50 there's a few missed notes?

--------------------
Visit my:
INSTRUCTOR PROFILE

"If a composer could say what he had to say in words he would not bother trying to say it in music."
Gustav Mahler

Subscribe to my Youtube Channel here

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Sep 13 2011, 06:31 PM
Instructor
Very good, and nice proper tone on this one. Like the guys said, your timing is a bit stiff, picking hand moves a bit strange, but I don't think that's a big issue at all, you manage to pull out a good tone like that (just watch so you don't get pain in that part of the hand/wrist). The 0.50 legato lick is strange sounding like Gab suggested, perhaps some notes were off?

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
skennington
Sep 22 2011, 07:33 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 01:52 AM