11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Gmc For Free?
Constie
Jan 2 2008, 12:35 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Josiah @ Jan 1 2008, 10:13 PM) *
I understand your point perfectly Constie. I believe its valuable to have members such as yourself who have the courage to bring up potentally unpopular topics when they perceive it may be harmful to the GMC community. Thanks!

I want to thank you very much for your kind words.
I'm happy to see some people appreciate what I do. That really means a lot to me.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
You can't take the effect and make it the cause
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 2 2008, 12:41 AM
Instructor
greens are free for all even whome arent regesterd yet

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 2 2008, 12:50 AM
Instructor
Yeah,this is the issue of written text and not having chance to talk in person sad.gif
Your point is quite good tho Constie but I think you're pushing it in wrong way a bit,imho.
I mean,what is your suggestion,what type of advertisement should Kris use?
I still believe FREE is more than fair since there are many free things on GMC
and you can't have everything free,same in real life.

And I would like to say one thing about your comment related to Pavel I think,
something like "no one is pushing you to make lesson..."
This is Kris's site after all,he's offering jobs,you may like it or not.
And since Kris understands that you cannot have really classy things without paying
I think we should all be aware of that too.
You said there are some places where all lessons are free,right?
Do you like those lessons,whole concept,daily update etc? Guess not wink.gif
Ok,let's say I'm not payed but I do contribute to GMC.
Trust me,it'd be maybe one lesson per month,something in a hurry etc.
I'm pro musician for over 10 years and I just don't have time to make things for free.
That's the life I'm afraid and still GMC is the greatest guitar site I've ever seen,
offering MANY free features before you actually sign-up for whole package
and I'm damn glad to be a part of it!!!!!!!!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Freddie Fourfing...
Jan 2 2008, 01:04 AM
Note to Constie.....Hey, man, I am ABSOLUTELY glad that you began this thread! Nobody here should be afraid to voice an opinion. I feel that the discussion that followed gave us all a lot to think about. I, for one, have a deeper appreciation for what we receive here. I think that it is phenomenal not only for the quality of the lessons, but also for the frequency....there is NO WAY that anyone can keep up with all the challenges put out here. Add to that the fact that you can get quality answers to your questions DIRECTLY from the instructors, support from all the other members, collaborations, etc. and you have an unbeatable site. I mean really, I've read posts where Pavel and Muris have been asked a question, and they have asked the student to send a video of themselves playing it so they could analyze it!! (They are just two examples; I'm sure I've missed a few). All of this for no extra charge. So yes, GMC is PHENOMENAL, and one of a kind.

I have also decided that maybe if I spend more time in music-related forums and lessons, and less time in the off-topic forums, then I might improve faster. Maybe. tongue.gif

Maybe Kris and Company will look at the advertising wording due to your thread. I understand your points, and as can be seen by other posts, other members do too. So thanks for the lively debate, dude.

After all, how boring would it be if every thread only got the response "+1"?

--------------------
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."
ARISTOTLE

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 2 2008, 01:10 AM
Instructor
Freddie Fourfingers is totally right!!
Constie opened great debate,maybe in wrong "smell" cause of misunderstanding
but still great debate,thanks to that from me as well! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Smurkas
Jan 2 2008, 01:16 AM
Well one option could be to actually offer a couple of the lessons for free instead of offering small parts of lots of lessons for free. I personally think that would be a better idea than the model the site is using now. I as a new visitor to the site would get a better view of what a whole lesson consists of instead of watching one or two small parts from the whole and trying to figure it out on my own.

That would make it easier to make an informed decision on if I want to join or not. Then those lessons could be linked directly from the main page as FREE LESSONS making it really easy for new visitors. This way, the issue with if the site is actually offering free lessons would also be resolved because then it actually would be whole FREE lessons.

/Marcus

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 2 2008, 01:24 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smurkas @ Jan 2 2008, 01:16 AM) *
Well one option could be to actually offer a couple of the lessons for free instead of offering small parts of lots of lessons for free. I personally think that would be a better idea than the model the site is using now. I as a new visitor to the site would get a better view of what a whole lesson consists of instead of watching one or two small parts from the whole and trying to figure it out on my own.

That would make it easier to make an informed decision on if I want to join or not. Then those lessons could be linked directly from the main page as FREE LESSONS making it really easy for new visitors. This way, the issue with if the site is actually offering free lessons would also be resolved because then it actually would be whole FREE lessons.
/Marcus

Ohh,well this is good idea,bravo!! +1
Must wait for Kris to give his statement but it sounds
quite reasonable AND good for upcoming members. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 2 2008, 01:27 AM
MHMMM!! a few free sample lessions (full lessions) might just be the ticket to get people to join.. can't give away too many secrets tho biggrin.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 2 2008, 01:29 AM
QUOTE (Smurkas @ Jan 1 2008, 07:16 PM) *

/Marcus

this is a great idea, could get some guests hooked really quick smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 2 2008, 01:30 AM
That's fair of you so far.

But I want to make one last thing clear, which seems like it doesn't want to be understood:
I am willing to pay a free for gmc, because the lessons are great!!!

I really never said this is wrong or you should work for free. It was just a little curious from Pavel to say we should pay more. I wanted to tell him there are people that do lessons for free(bad quality I know), but here at gmc you get money for it which is great.

The most things I had to vindicate myself were things I never said.
I don't want to vindicate anymore.

I have no idea what to write instead of free, as you said it's not my website. I wanted to point out a "mistake".

Good night

This post has been edited by Constie: Jan 2 2008, 01:33 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 2 2008, 01:31 AM
Instructor
Kris,may I ask one thing,not to give some of my lessons as free?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Joking of course,idea is great!! smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Freddie Fourfing...
Jan 2 2008, 01:32 AM
Kudos to Smurkas. That's a good idea coming out of all this debating back and forth. And if it gets used in some form, resulting in more members and more success for GMC, it will all be Constie's fault.

--------------------
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act, but a habit."
ARISTOTLE

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 2 2008, 01:32 AM
QUOTE (Smurkas @ Jan 2 2008, 01:16 AM) *

/Marcus

Maybe one from each instructor (different styles etc.)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Jan 2 2008, 01:33 AM
QUOTE (Muris @ Jan 1 2008, 07:31 PM) *
Kris,may I ask one thing,not to give some of my lessons as free?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Joking of course,idea is great!! smile.gif

biggrin.gif... of course none of muris's lessions could be free.. then they would know too much .. ohmy.gif lol

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 2 2008, 01:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 2 2008, 01:32 AM) *
Maybe one from each instructor (different styles etc.)

I play few styles dry.gif dry.gif laugh.gif wink.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Freddie Fourfing...
Jan 2 2008, 01:35 AM
I think that it would also be good for us to remember, myself included, that a lot of "communication" is lost if it is not face to face. It is easy to misunderstand someone if you only have the printed word to read and not tone, facial expressions, and so on. I apologize if I misunderstood.

--------------------
ARISTOTLE

+Quote Post
Constie
Jan 2 2008, 01:40 AM
QUOTE (Freddie Fourfingers @ Jan 2 2008, 01:32 AM) *
Kudos to Smurkas. That's a good idea coming out of all this debating back and forth. And if it gets used in some form, resulting in more members and more success for GMC, it will all be Constie's fault.

At least a half tongue.gif
I play few styles

Ok and ALL lessons from Muris biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Freddie Fourfingers @ Jan 2 2008, 01:35 AM) *
I think that it would also be good for us to remember, myself included, that a lot of "communication" is lost if it is not face to face. It is easy to misunderstand someone if you only have the printed word to read and not tone, facial expressions, and so on. I apologize if I misunderstood.

You're absolutely right. There is some kind of communication problem in forums.
Most people here make lots of smileys which is nice indeed, but I feel like in a madhouse then.
Like a bunch of mass murderers when they're searching for victims biggrin.gif

edit: yeah I got 1000 views YEAH laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Constie: Jan 2 2008, 01:47 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Jan 2 2008, 01:41 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Constie @ Jan 2 2008, 01:40 AM) *
Ok and ALL lessons from Muris biggrin.gif

Knew it dry.gif dry.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

The Pianist

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 2 2008, 02:42 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I don't think it would be good to change a system that works good...Don't change a wining combination..Its bad karma wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Carlo
Jan 2 2008, 03:01 AM
Let me say that I didn't find any sites that give you free access to the a good selection of lessons with no hassles or interruptions to register, and it is the main reason for my joining as I am always looking for good value.
Ciao
Carlo

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 12:17 AM