Nice Chair, back pain
Osedmen
Jan 15 2015, 02:22 AM
GMC:er

Hi guys!

this topic is because last days my back suffers a bit of pain while i playing...

i want to buy a nice chair to study and concentrate well.

give me suggestions , thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
.:: Colombian fingerstyle guitar player ::.

.:: Now available on iTunes - Spotify - Amazon - Deezer - rhapsody and more ! ::.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lone-spirit/id1057969440

https://open.spotify.com/album/2SALF0jTOJgZD57nl3A4QO

.:: Did you watch my first videoclip? ::.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IClzXkQI8E
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 15 2015, 09:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Quick question, would you be playing guitar in this chair or just use it for study and work in front of the computer?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 16 2015, 07:22 AM
Also what is your budget as that will determine what you can get? Here is a link with very nice ergonomic chairs smile.gif

http://www.relaxtheback.com/ergonomic-chairs.html

I use a nice "executive" style office chair that I added lumbar and head supports to.

QUOTE (Osedmen @ Jan 14 2015, 09:22 PM) *
Hi guys!

this topic is because last days my back suffers a bit of pain while i playing...

i want to buy a nice chair to study and concentrate well.

give me suggestions , thanks!

+Quote Post
Spock
Jan 16 2015, 10:03 AM
I like just a basic office chair for playing guitar at home and sitting at my home computer.

Work is another issue though. Sitting for 7-9 hours at work can kill your back, butt and the back of your thighs. I was always trying new chairs - and considered begging my boss for one of those posted by Todd - but $2,000 for a small company to spend on one person's chair is a little extravagant.

So I did the unthinkable, the ridiculous - and I'm so glad I did.

I took one of my recliners and spent $9 on heavy duty casters and drilled holes through the metal base of the recliner. So that is my work office chair now. My office barely has room for it - but it works and I haven't had an uncomfortable day since doing that.

+Quote Post
AdamB
Jan 16 2015, 12:46 PM
I use a fender guitar stool with an extra bit of memory foam padding, works OK. You can buy memory foam in sheets for not a huge amount of money and cut it to shape, helps a lot!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 16 2015, 01:06 PM
I had quite a share of back problems from sitting for a long time in front of the computer and using the wrong chair. When it happens (your back/muscles suffer and you can't even move anymore) - it is way too late. I have managed to be stupid about it and just ignore all the signs and push through. Work chair or any chair you'll be spending a considerable amount of time in is well worth the thought and investment. I never really put much thought on proper posture, chair setup, position of the monitor, mouse etc, I would basically always disregard that as something "nah not important". Boy was I wrong!

This the chair I currently use:

Attached Image

I have done quite a bit of research about office chairs and this is what I have found :

It needs to be as adjustable as possible. Make sure that you can adjust the arm rests as well as height and incline of the chair.
Some chairs even offer adjustable seat angle too. This adjustability and versatility there is extremely important as we are all different and we need to be able to adjust the chair to support our body well.

Here are some general rules about those adjustments:
http://www.spine-health.com/wellness/ergon...educe-back-pain

From research one of the best chairs in the world appears to be the Aeron Chair by Herman Miller. They are very expensive chairs but high quality and come with liftetime warranty.

My suggestion would be to try as many chairs in the stores as you can and look at their adjustments possibilities.
Price doesn't dictate how well the chair is made or how comfortable it is. There are also lots of "copies" of Aeron chair out there, some of which are good. The only way to find a good one is to sit in it.

Important note: if you are planning to play guitar in one of those chairs, make sure that you can take the armrests completely off. My chair doesn't have that possibility and I have hard time playing guitar in it.

Please let me know if you need any help in the search and how it goes?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SirJamsalot
Jan 16 2015, 09:28 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 16 2015, 04:06 AM) *
Important note: if you are planning to play guitar in one of those chairs, make sure that you can take the armrests completely off. My chair doesn't have that possibility and I have hard time playing guitar in it.

Please let me know if you need any help in the search and how it goes?

hacksaw!
You'd think some guitarist somewhere would have come up with an office-chair solution by now - you know, removeable arm-rest for when you wanna take a break from programming/computing to play a guitar - just pop the armrest off. Anyone wanna do a Kickstart with me for some ergonomic guitar chairs? smile.gif

Chris

--------------------
The more I practice, the more I wish I had time to practice!
My Band Forum: http://passionfly.site/chat

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 16 2015, 09:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
I use a regular chair and a half. I sit in it side ways so the arm supports my back, it sits me up straight , and one leg on the ottoman raised to hold my guitar

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jan 16 2015, 09:51 PM
QUOTE (SirJamsalot @ Jan 16 2015, 09:28 PM) *
hacksaw!
You'd think some guitarist somewhere would have come up with an office-chair solution by now - you know, removeable arm-rest for when you wanna take a break from programming/computing to play a guitar - just pop the armrest off. Anyone wanna do a Kickstart with me for some ergonomic guitar chairs? smile.gif

Chris

The only good thing that has come out of this is that I'm pretty much used to practicing standing up. Thinking about it, I never had a proper guitar chair and it is such a pain to balance the chair and guitar in my hands when I'm in front of the computer sad.gif
I try to sit at the very end of the chair and it is so uncomfortable...

Now that we are ranting, I also hate when I need to sit on the couch to play the guitar and my guitar has a jack on the very bottom of the guitar body so it just sticks out and cable gets twisted (it is not 90 degree plug) smile.gif

QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Jan 16 2015, 09:32 PM) *
I use a regular chair and a half. I sit in it side ways so the arm supports my back, it sits me up straight , and one leg on the ottoman raised to hold my guitar

What you mean by half, what happens to the other arm rest?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jan 17 2015, 12:23 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 16 2015, 09:51 PM) *

its a bigger than normal chair, I sit in the chair side ways, the other arm rest would be straight in front of me

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 17 2015, 06:34 AM
90 DEGREE PLUGS RAWK!!!! smile.gif I ordered a pair of cables from SPECTRAFLEX with 90 degree plugs on BOTH ENDS and it's the best purchase I ever made smile.gif

It lets you sit on the couch/bed etc. without torqing your cable/input jack. Also, it makes plugging in to pedal boards/gear much easier as well. If you don't have any cables with 90 degree jacks on both ends, I'd say get some asap! Makes just about everything easier. Most cables I've found have 90 on one end but not both. Spectraflex will build them to order which is handy. The "fatso flex" is my fave cable of their so far. No tone loss to speak of, great build, not crazy pricey. Also heat shrink wrapping on the ends keeps them from coming unscrewed over time. I hate that when cables start to come undone by themselves cause the builder didn't use heat shrink.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jan 16 2015, 04:51 PM) *
Now that we are ranting, I also hate when I need to sit on the couch to play the guitar and my guitar has a jack on the very bottom of the guitar body so it just sticks out and cable gets twisted (it is not 90 degree plug) smile.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jan 17 2015, 06:38 AM

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 02:16 PM