2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Do You Ever Get Days Where....
Robin
Nov 23 2007, 10:09 PM
GMC:er
Luckily I never feel that I have a bad day. The only thing I want to do all day for the rest of my life is to play guitar. But of course, I know what you mean, I've had those days aswell, but the past ~5 months I've never even been close to having a day like that. I doubt I will ever get sick of playing guitar, not even for one day. Sometimes its good to just take a couple of days break though.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Nov 24 2007, 02:34 PM
Lets go fishing!
I never get sick of playing guitar, quite the oppostiste!! Infact I want to play everyday ! smile.gif

Its just we all know life happens too, be that working hard all day, family life, or dealing with all the other stresses and strains life can throw at us. because of this we are not always on top form when it comes to practice... although i do try my best to be on form most of the time ! wink.gif smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Paul Coutts
Dec 13 2007, 08:42 AM
yeah, I get these days all the time. Best thing to do in my opinion is learn something new. 'Cause if you suck at it, you'll understand cause it's new and you won't feel so bad biggrin.gif
But I ALWAYS want to play, so if I'm not playing, then I'm reading, watching, listening. or whatever.

This post has been edited by Paul Coutts: Dec 13 2007, 08:42 AM

--------------------
Gear - Ibanez RG350EX, Ibanez RG220DX, ESP LTD MH250, Line 6 PODx3, Laney TF100, Ibanez SM7, Ibanez RG ?

+Quote Post
Gerald
Dec 13 2007, 08:22 PM
Even though I'm still in the early stages of playing, I get those days when I sit down and the things I'm currently working on are crapola or I can't seem to get something down that I think should be very easy.

What I try to remember though is that even the greats, (see the post about Kirk Hammet on the board not being able to get a riff down), has a day when they are not spot on. I usually spend the next day watching Gilbert videos or something and that inspires me to pick the axe up again. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 13 2007, 09:02 PM
Instructor
I definitely get those days sometime, my hands just won't work with me, it's like they have a mind of their own biggrin.gif sometimes it's just because my hands are frozen 'cause I just were outside, but a little bit of warm-up usually solves that smile.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 13 2007, 09:08 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Well I just returned from studio practice.It was one of these days..My hands get cold and can't warm up, right hand is slow and everything I play takes just too much effort to do it..

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Dec 13 2007, 10:43 PM
muscle gel, muscle gel is the answer tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Dec 13 2007, 11:35 PM
I had one of these days today, and actually, I'm glad I did. When I get these days, I always review my playing and go back to the basics and practice harder than usual, so each time I have one of these days, I progress much more then I do on normal days. I'm glad every day isn't like this, but when I get days like this, I use the opportunity to review my playing and take a few steps back. I suggest everybody who doesn't do so already to do that if they can. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 14 2007, 01:27 AM
QUOTE (Fsgdjv @ Dec 13 2007, 10:35 PM) *
I had one of these days today, and actually, I'm glad I did. When I get these days, I always review my playing and go back to the basics and practice harder than usual, so each time I have one of these days, I progress much more then I do on normal days. I'm glad every day isn't like this, but when I get days like this, I use the opportunity to review my playing and take a few steps back. I suggest everybody who doesn't do so already to do that if they can. smile.gif

An excellent attitude!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 01:17 PM