Fender Noisless Pickups
Nobody
Mar 5 2008, 03:38 PM
GMC:er
Okay.. Recently I got a Fender Mexican Strat and I'm insanely happy with it. The tone is amazing(for my low standarts :]) but the pickups have that single coil humming.
My point is - I think to buy the Fender Noisless Pickups but are they worth their money? Will they only remove the humming or will they imrove the tone too?
If they aren't worth their money please recommend some pickups that are the best for a Strat. I'm in love with the clear sounding but the drive sounding could be a bit fatter and deeper..
I can't affort to give away more than 200-250$ for pickups but I think they should be enough for a very good pair of ones :]

Thanks for the help in advance :]

Hristian

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 5 2008, 04:12 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Saymour Duncan pickups are great..Check out their web site you can hear audio samples here : http://www.seymourduncan.com/support/audio...trat_replaceme/

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 5 2008, 04:15 PM
If you can afford it get some Fender Texas Special Pickups. They are incredible smile.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 5 2008, 04:16 PM
http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=0992111000

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic

+Quote Post
sam47
Mar 5 2008, 04:26 PM
Hey Nobody. I just went through this! I've got some post on here about it. Just recently I put in Noiselees in my Mex Strat. I was about to post the pics when I saw your post.

+Quote Post
KloCkWorXx
Mar 5 2008, 04:45 PM
if u like the clear, and dont like the drive off them i get an overdrive pedal and a noise surpressor...

--------------------
My gear:
epi zakk wylde
ec 1000 cherry
js 100 w dimarzios
dean from hell
5150 half stack
micro cube
Effects: boss delay dd-6, EH small clone chorus, Wylde Wah, Heil talkbox, Boss super overdrive, Rp 250
NS2 Noise Suppressor, DOD YJM308 Yngwie Malmsteen Overdrive

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 5 2008, 04:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (OrganisedConfusion @ Mar 5 2008, 04:15 PM) *
If you can afford it get some Fender Texas Special Pickups. They are incredible smile.gif

+1 on that! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Nobody
Mar 5 2008, 05:10 PM
Hm the Texas Specials surely are nice but I don't think they're the thing I need.. I play mostly Neoclassical, Rock, lots of clean stuff and lots of metal.
What kind of pickups should I put on my strat to make it more suitable for these styles?

P.S. I kind of don't trust those audio samples because they're with American Strats, some tube amps which I'll never see here in Bulgaria and so on :]

Sam, write something about what happened with the sound :] I'm really curious.

Thanks for the answers :]
Hristian

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 5 2008, 05:16 PM
Maybe some DiMarzio YJM Pickups then?

If they are good enough for Yngwie I'm sure you'll be happy with them to play Neoclassical smile.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Nobody
Mar 5 2008, 05:30 PM
Yes I looked at that one by the way :] Does anybody know with what would it stack good? Somebody tried it?

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Mar 5 2008, 05:35 PM
QUOTE (Nobody @ Mar 5 2008, 04:30 PM) *
Yes I looked at that one by the way :] Does anybody know with what would it stack good? Somebody tried it?

I'm not too sure what you mean sad.gif Do you mean what equipment will it work well with?

If so then Strats and Tube amps obviously but it will just be good all round I'd imagine. DiMarzio pickups you can't go wrong with. Get them for neck and middle pickups and maybe a complimenting one in the bridge position.

They'll sound good on a Mex Strat I guarentee it. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear

+Quote Post
Nobody
Mar 5 2008, 05:44 PM
Yes I meant with what kind of other pickups to combo this one. Now I saw that Yngwie uses 2 of them in his signature model. And in the other position he puts some HS-3 thing..
Damn I don't want to copy-paste Yngwie's pickup configuration but in the same time I don't know anything about pickups... Damn..

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
sam47
Mar 5 2008, 05:58 PM
The biggest difference in the sound comes as I adjuust the tone that I didn't notice with the other set. Also better with distortion. The more I play with it the closer I'm getting to the sound and tone I'm looking for. Slowly I'm dialing it in. My opinion is their great. Also I wanted to keep it 100% Fender as opposed to other brands.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 6 2008, 02:15 AM
Instructor
I would go for fender noisless or vintage set too. Maybe texas specials but they are pretty hot (if you need that).

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 6 2008, 04:24 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Well I love my SCN pickups that came with my Strat. I couldn't be happier because the tone I get with my amp and setup works. That brings up the question of "What amp do you have?".

I use a modeling amp (Line 6). I like playing Neo-Classical and Satch (Joe S, Eric J, Robin Ford), etc.. I can get everything out of my amps tone and Strat that I need with the stock SCN pickups. I should mention that I have an American Deluxe (HSS with the S1 switch pod on the volume control). Mex Strats have great tone and are worth putting good pickups in. If I where to change any of the pickups I have it would be the bridge humbucker (don't get me wrong though the humbucker is hot maybe just a little to warm for leads, great for rhythm). The singles sound great, clean and are hot when you want them to be without the fuzzy, buzz or noise thing. Kind off like a stacked single, but with a single coil tone. On my amp they sound very warm and clean with good tone.

Yngwie pickups sound GREAT, but they are low output so that means you need to play loud through a tube amp with the output volume cranked and the pre-amp distortion backed off (still get noise though).

Same with Texas or Vintage. Both sound great but are best through tubes and you still get noise.

Side Note:

I just purchased some recording equipment and haven't had a chance to get things set up. Hope to do it this weekend. If you can wait I would by happy to send you or post a few sound samples.

This post has been edited by UncleSkillet: Mar 6 2008, 04:27 AM

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Mar 6 2008, 08:55 AM
I have the Noiseless and love them, have no idea what they cost though.
You should listen to them yourself and make sure you like their tone.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
Nobody
Mar 6 2008, 08:57 AM
Now I'm with a Fender Frontman but I'm saving money for a Marshall Valvestate.
Hm the fact that the YJM are low output isn't very good, because I don't know if I'll ever see a all tube amp on a scene here :]

My strat is with 3 single coils but I was thinking about puting a single coil sized humbuker on the bridge position, to get more power and punch for the rhythm guitars. And in the same time still to have this strat tone for the clean guitars and for the distered/delayed parts :] That's why I'm not sure I want the Fender Noisless'es..
I looked at the Dimarzio Pickups and I think that they'll be my choice but again don't know which exactly biggrin.gif

Skillet I'd be very glad to hear some samples :]

Hristian

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Mar 7 2008, 03:21 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Nobody @ Mar 6 2008, 02:57 AM) *
Skillet I'd be very glad to hear some samples :]

Hristian

I'll do my best to get things hooked up (installed) and post for you, but don't wait if you have other thoughts. Pickups are trial and error. You just don't know what is going to suit you (the tone of your playing and style) or work with your gear.

Cheers Bro!

Jeff

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Mar 7 2008, 07:14 PM
go out and buy some DIMARZIO HS-3 they sound so good!

+Quote Post
Nobody
Mar 8 2008, 12:08 AM
Well they surely sound nice but I won't see soon a all-tube amp which is the thing that'll give 'em the power they lack.
So for now I thing I'll go for a DiMarzio Chopper, ToneLab and a Fast Track 1. Everything I've herd from them as a combo sounds great and I'll just give it a try. If it doesn't happen... Well I'll sell them and give another thing a try. But I think they can fit the shoes of the tone I need :]

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 10:22 PM