> IS THAT YOUR MAMA?

Nope didn't think so either. We all know parents don't get this.

I can show you how to be the virtuoso your folks could only dream about, but I first need your help:

* Pm me and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Join my mentoring program. I will customize your learning experience in a way you haven't experienced before. We will have regular contact so that you can remain inspired every day and eventually reach a new level.

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Oh and did you know that to become a killer guitarist you just need to focus on one thing? Everything
else is secondary. Pm me and I will explain.

21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > »   
Monkeydathos' Road To Awesomeness
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 22 2012, 06:42 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 22 2012, 05:14 PM) *
Howdy Renato biggrin.gif This is correct, but I would transform F# major into Gb major and write down the scales using flats from that point on smile.gif Using ## is tenuous and it's not of too much practical usage wink.gif

Try the transformation wink.gif

Cosmin

yes i know, i think i already did that with the Gb some posts ago, i just wanted to do the tenuous work to see how it actually works with the #biggrin.gif, but wasn't sure if it was correct, anyways, gonna start to work in funk stuff again, you should have new video in the next days

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 24 2012, 08:31 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 22 2012, 05:42 PM) *
yes i know, i think i already did that with the Gb some posts ago, i just wanted to do the tenuous work to see how it actually works with the #biggrin.gif, but wasn't sure if it was correct, anyways, gonna start to work in funk stuff again, you should have new video in the next days

Can't wait! I have MORE tasks for you biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 24 2012, 02:56 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 24 2012, 08:31 AM) *
Can't wait! I have MORE tasks for you biggrin.gif

i will try and post something as soon as i can, i am mega busy aight now :F have to review 2 years+ plus this year of biology/português/maths also i am studyin japanese on my free time, i don't know how da heck do i even have the time to breath. blink.gif

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 25 2012, 08:28 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Sep 24 2012, 01:56 PM) *
i will try and post something as soon as i can, i am mega busy aight now :F have to review 2 years+ plus this year of biology/português/maths also i am studyin japanese on my free time, i don't know how da heck do i even have the time to breath. blink.gif

Oh smile.gif How's it going with the Japanese studying?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 26 2012, 05:50 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 25 2012, 08:28 AM) *
Oh smile.gif How's it going with the Japanese studying?

Hi Cosmin, i will record it today biggrin.gif, i am sure it isn't le perfect sweetest thing u ever seen, but oh well tongue.gif

It's going fine man! i am using Genki I and II - Intregrated Elementary Japanese Course, pretty cool books, it's been what, 7 days, and i am already almost done with the Hiragana! still got the Katakana to memorize, then gonna start with the vocabulary, gramma, etc, etc, but i have no idea, yet on how dah hell am i gonna approach Kanji

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 26 2012, 05:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 27 2012, 10:27 AM
Instructor
Looking forward to the take - it doesn't have to be perfect wink.gif That's what we're doing here, right? Perfecting things biggrin.gif

Regarding the Japanese ... man, it seems awesome so far... I for one, am sometimes baffled by the number of terms I have to memorize at the Ken Jutsu training sessions. Yesterday for instance, we had A LOT of applications - each of them having a lot of mini techniques included...with small variations laugh.gif Imagine that after the training I kept Sensei for another 10 minutes to write all of them down and make sure i got them right biggrin.gif

Basically the 3 main techniques were Suihei, Naname and Shita... but each of them had about 2 applications so hell broke loose..

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Sep 27 2012, 10:28 AM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 30 2012, 11:55 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Sep 27 2012, 10:27 AM) *
Looking forward to the take - it doesn't have to be perfect wink.gif That's what we're doing here, right? Perfecting things biggrin.gif

Regarding the Japanese ... man, it seems awesome so far... I for one, am sometimes baffled by the number of terms I have to memorize at the Ken Jutsu training sessions. Yesterday for instance, we had A LOT of applications - each of them having a lot of mini techniques included...with small variations laugh.gif Imagine that after the training I kept Sensei for another 10 minutes to write all of them down and make sure i got them right biggrin.gif

Basically the 3 main techniques were Suihei, Naname and Shita... but each of them had about 2 applications so hell broke loose..

:lol, i would like to dive into the kendo (is it correct to call it that?) world, i always admired the discipline!, but i just don't have the time, maybe in a near futurem who knows.

Any who here is well. something awful, it's bad and i should feel bad about it laugh.gif you probably gonna yell and make me do some hardcore punishment task.

Me doing random rhythms to one of your drum loop track. The end is always...meh, i still get lost, i don't know if my first beat is like the 3rd laugh.gif or if i am just complety out.

PS: i will record some more, after some more practicing...
PSS: i mixed chunk with no chunk in the video
PSSS: sorry for the poor light...

Btw, i also have been practicing , yes i am actually enjoyin practice lately to be honest, Ben's lesson on picking arpg (https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/), and man this lesson is a damn son of a gun, some pretty damn stretches that make me wanna cut my interdigital membrane between my fingers, but that would be cheat..and not pretty nice i guess laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 30 2012, 11:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 1 2012, 03:04 PM
Instructor
Howdy Renato! Well, exploring is not bad at all mate smile.gif You need to work out on tapping that foot and holding a good grip on the tempo - don't hurry up - mad also hurried because he was afraid not to fall behind biggrin.gif

Practice like this and be focused on the task - it will eventually get into your system wink.gif

Now, are you ready for the next step in le funky bisness? biggrin.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 1 2012, 06:02 PM
Heres another take, i had a good start on this one, but then bang i got really off trail .. i've mange to hit back at the end, or a least close to it.

and sure bring it on!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 1 2012, 06:08 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 2 2012, 09:04 AM
Instructor
Nice work man biggrin.gif Well, you know, the longer a track, the easier it is to lose focus at some point smile.gif

Now, my question would be - are you familiar with the concept of 'Swing feel'? If yes, can you record a short video playing one of the older patterns I sent, using swing, against the backing tracks? It only has to have around 20-30 seconds so that I may see how well you handle it smile.gif

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 2 2012, 03:27 PM
Well...this is what i understand as swing

1---2---3---4--- so on

with swing would be something like this

1---(2)2--3---4---

we prolong the, in this case, first beat, cutting the 2nd one.

--------------------

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 2 2012, 10:18 PM
Some little new update regarding the Ben's Lesson
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Picking-Arpeggios/

even though, it centers the point in the right hand, i am actually using it for my left hand, due to the chords shapes changing and stretch's ones.
i have yet to manage to play the F#add9 100%..it's like around 60%-80% plus 10000% of tension tongue.gif.
Thing is, i actually noticed some improvement in certain zones that use to frustated me, well they still do.

stuff like
-x
-x

that second 1 was always a bit meh and not sounding properly, and i've manage to get some that sound good today tongue.gif!, just happy about it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 3 2012, 08:46 AM
Instructor
Well now smile.gif You should send me recordings wink.gif A swing groove and Ben's lesson (Ben's lesson - first, against the original backing track and...a second take against the bar lacking backing track biggrin.gif)

Will you accept this challenge Renato sama?

Cosmin

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 3 2012, 01:04 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 3 2012, 08:46 AM) *
Well now smile.gif You should send me recordings wink.gif A swing groove and Ben's lesson (Ben's lesson - first, against the original backing track and...a second take against the bar lacking backing track biggrin.gif)

Will you accept this challenge Renato sama?

Cosmin

Well Cosmin sensee, the Swing Groove, i will get some record done today i hope, but the Ben's lesson, i am not sure, i think i might give it till the end of the weekend, before adventuring in the land of recordin...i am too weak yet for that laugh.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 3 2012, 01:05 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 4 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Oct 3 2012, 12:04 PM) *
Well Cosmin sensee, the Swing Groove, i will get some record done today i hope, but the Ben's lesson, i am not sure, i think i might give it till the end of the weekend, before adventuring in the land of recordin...i am too weak yet for that laugh.gif

Don't hurry it mate wink.gif Let it come out as great as ya can biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 5 2012, 07:19 PM
Sorry Cosmin! i am having some mic issues, i will try and post the video as soon as i can.

btw the F#add9 is a ****** ..for real, my 3 and 4, are really not that independent of each other, don't know if i'll be able to have a rec...any tomorrow of this week..or the other..meh

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 5 2012, 07:20 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 6 2012, 08:45 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Oct 5 2012, 06:19 PM) *
Sorry Cosmin! i am having some mic issues, i will try and post the video as soon as i can.

btw the F#add9 is a ****** ..for real, my 3 and 4, are really not that independent of each other, don't know if i'll be able to have a rec...any tomorrow of this week..or the other..meh

Relax mate wink.gif My advice here: Try that add9 shape upper on the neck and gradually go towards the F#add9 shape - your fingers will be more and more comfortable with the shape and they will not feel abused, as they are probably feeling now when you try to force them into that position straight forward

What say you?

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 6 2012, 12:26 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 6 2012, 08:45 AM) *
Relax mate wink.gif My advice here: Try that add9 shape upper on the neck and gradually go towards the F#add9 shape - your fingers will be more and more comfortable with the shape and they will not feel abused, as they are probably feeling now when you try to force them into that position straight forward

What say you?

Roger, one more thing, regarding the funky. As you might have seen in the videos, i kind cheat a bit.

For example i play the E9 like

-x
-7 (4)
-7 (3)
-6 (1)
-7 (2)
-x

instead of

-7 (3)
-7 (3)
-7 (3)
-6 (1)
-7 (2)
-x

how is this humanly possible, for real i have tried tons of times and i always have to go into alien hand shape mode to get it like 70% correct tongue.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 6 2012, 12:27 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 7 2012, 02:47 PM
Instructor
Ahh! That one biggrin.gif I just had a debate today with a friend on that. Well, you need to use the shape where you bar with your ring finger, because at some point you will be using the little finger to get that 13th note wink.gif

All you have to aim for, is barring with the ring finger and crouching the index enough so that it won't choke the string fingered by the middle finger wink.gif It's really not that difficult biggrin.gif

Have you checked this out? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46307 cool.gif You should be a master now biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Oct 7 2012, 02:47 PM

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Oct 7 2012, 03:07 PM
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Oct 7 2012, 02:47 PM) *
Ahh! That one biggrin.gif I just had a debate today with a friend on that. Well, you need to use the shape where you bar with your ring finger, because at some point you will be using the little finger to get that 13th note wink.gif

All you have to aim for, is barring with the ring finger and crouching the index enough so that it won't choke the string fingered by the middle finger wink.gif It's really not that difficult biggrin.gif

Have you checked this out? https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46307 cool.gif You should be a master now biggrin.gif

oh snap, i did it ohmy.gif ohmy.gif, still need to spend like 5 sec tellin my fingers to stay still! but i see progress, ty.

man, you don't know how many collabs..i have sadly miss, i really don't have anything to make a decent recording sound mad.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Oct 7 2012, 03:07 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

21 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 02:36 AM