Updated : Ibanez Rg2570e Review
bmh1109
Jul 3 2007, 06:22 AM
GMC:er
Wiki link

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MickeM: Dec 17 2008, 02:01 PM

--------------------
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG2570E, Fender MIM Strat
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
ch00ch00man
Jul 3 2007, 06:39 AM
QUOTE (bmh1109 @ Jul 3 2007, 01:22 AM) *
So I finally decided it wouldn’t be a bad idea to write a review of my new Ibanez 2570E so here we go…

Weapon: Electric Guitar
Make: Ibanez
Model: Ibanez Prestige 2570E
Playing Style: Metal, Blues, Rock N' Roll, Punk Rock, Just about anything
Price: ~$879 depending on where you get it
Sound: The sound out of this guitar is excellent. The Dimarzio/IBZ pickups are great and have a lot of good variations in tone depending on what style you’re playing. It has a very versatile sound with the H-S-H set up. The bridge pickup has awesome crunch for nasty metal riffs and can scream with the best of them. The neck pick up is noticeably less treble which is exactly how it should be and is great for playing lead style riffs. Any sound from killer metal to an almost Telecaster twang can be dialed in with a simple flick of the selector switch.

Feel: The feel of the Prestige Wizard neck is absolutely great. It’s a very thin and flat neck which makes chording and general playing a lot easier. The action was pretty good out of the box but required a little adjusting but once it was dialed in its just about perfect. The Edge Pro Bridge is a dream and has very fluid movement. I can slam the tremolo down to the point of the strings going limp and bring it back and it stays in perfect tune. In fact once I initially broke the stings in I’ve only had to tune the guitar maybe 3 times and I’ve owned the guitar for about 3 and a half weeks now

Value: I believe this guitar is a great value and is about as close to a JEM as you can get without forking out the big bucks. It even has some Dimarzio pickups and the same bridge. Its missing the ‘monkey handle’ as Andrew called it but other then that they are mechanically very similar.

Overall Impression: The 2570E is a great guitar that can be used for any style of music. It has excellent build quality and an excellent finish with a very unique texture and even come in silver and gold. For well under $1000 I think this is one of the most versatile and well built guitars you can purchase. It even comes with an awesome Prestige case. If you want an Ibanez Jem but don’t want the price tag to go along with it I highly suggest checking out the 2570.

That was a great idea. Thanks a lot for the info, much appreciated. Next time I'm at my local Alto Music, I will definitely give the 2750 a try. I actually like the Jem a lot, save for the ridiculous 'monkey' grip. Can't stand the damn thing. Who thought it was a good idea? Nothing but a distracting gimmick. (Please all you Jem lovers, don't flame me, just my opinion). Oh, and yeah, even though money is not a problem, if I can have the same playability for less then half, you can bet I will invest. Pavel, Andrew, others, since you are Jem owners, what do you think?

Boris

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
lespaulrocker
Jul 3 2007, 07:06 AM
i personally like the s series with the EMG's but that's just my opinion. Good review! Very informative. I'm guessing everything is getting compared to the JEM nowadays tongue.gif.

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jul 3 2007, 07:14 AM
QUOTE (lespaulrocker @ Jul 3 2007, 02:06 AM) *
i personally like the s series with the EMG's but that's just my opinion. Good review! Very informative. I'm guessing everything is getting compared to the JEM nowadays tongue.gif.

It does seem like the Jem is the Holy Grail of Ibanez guitars these days. My friend has an quilted maple S series with dimarzio pickups in it and I really like the way it plays and sounds too. I bet the EMGs make for one nasty sounding metal machine.

--------------------
Guitars
Amps
Mesa Studio Preamp--->Mesa 50/50--->Line 6 M13 ---> into Avatar 2x12 Cab rewired for stereo operation

+Quote Post
MickeM
Jul 3 2007, 10:15 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Thanks! I've been glancing at a 2550 or 2570.. will probably take some time yet before I get one... but hey, $900 is fairly cheap. I see them at Euro 995. That's 40% extra if I get it from Germany compared to the US. In Sweden it's 120% up in the price. Ridicilous.

What about the yellow one, is it yellow or gold?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 3 2007, 03:12 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (ch00ch00man @ Jul 3 2007, 01:39 AM) *
Pavel, Andrew, others, since you are Jem owners, what do you think?

Boris

I knew I was paying over the odds for my Jem, but I fell in love with it. Never tried the 2570 or 2550, but I was fixing to get the 2550 before I decided on the Jem. All my research to that point had shown these guitars to be awesome, and this review confirms it.

The Jem gets you some extra glamour, and the cache of a Steve Vai signature if that matters to you, but I believe that this guitar is to all intents and purposes a Jem without the price tag.

For me the important elements (all present here) are the Edge Pro, the thin neck, good workmanship, HSH pickups for versatility, although the Jem may well have slightly better pickups.

I don't think anyone owuld be dissapointed with this guitar it is awesome - even Kris has one!

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Jul 3 2007, 04:05 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This guitar is ownage, after all, it is an IBANEZ!!

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Jul 3 2007, 08:19 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Jul 3 2007, 05:15 AM) *
What about the yellow one, is it yellow or gold?

You know I never saw that color inn person so I can't confirm its true color but its called vital gold. All the pictures seem to make it look different shades between gold yellow and some even look like it has a green tint. Ill just trust that Ibanez isn't lying in calling it gold. the texture of the finish though is awesome, never shows finger prints seems plenty durable.

--------------------
Guitars
Amps

+Quote Post
bmh1109
Aug 15 2007, 04:48 AM
EDIT: Thanks a lot Andrew!

This post has been edited by bmh1109: Aug 15 2007, 04:54 AM

--------------------
Guitars
Amps

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 15 2007, 05:06 AM
Instructor
I didn't play it and i can say that nothing can convince me i did a wrong buy with JEM. It's just the best damn Ibanez i ever played so i never think about changing guitar or something!

A friend of mine owns a 700 euros RG Prestige and although it's a great guitar - it still is not JEM. But this RG is definitely a good piece of gear for all styles of playing.

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:17 PM