2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Tomorrow Gig And I've Got Nerves
Smikey2006
Jan 29 2008, 04:54 PM
GMC:er
Good luck! I can remember my first gig in highschool smile.gif I played We are the Road Crew by Motorhead smile.gif I messed up the solo twice biggrin.gif but surprisingly only 1 guy noticed and he was a huge motorhead fan... If you know the song in your head and you know you can play it then it'll get played smile.gif i usually forget about the crowd halfway through the first song anyways smile.gif just don't worry about it... erm.. picture the crowd naked ? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 30 2008, 12:57 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
The gig was a HUGE succes. I had nerves but when I was on stage all went over.
Afterwards many people (mostly girls lol) but also a few teachers of me came to me and said it was really good.

Thursday its the second and last gig but after today I'm allready very happy. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tips and when I have video I will post it here but I dont know when I'll have it.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Jan 30 2008, 01:05 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
biggrin.gif glad to hear it mate, well done smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
PolackHax0r
Jan 30 2008, 01:18 AM
Nice, glad to hear it went well! Congrats!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2008, 01:20 AM
Glad it went well. Our gig on Thursday wont go so well as we just found out other band pulled out so we need to play a double length set. Got 4 hours to perfect an hour set. Will be 'reet lol

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Jan 30 2008, 09:25 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Jan 30 2008, 12:57 AM) *

Glad to hear this. It is completely normal to be a bit nervous before gig, but when it starts it goes away.

Congratulations on the first gig, whish you many more succesful ones smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jan 30 2008, 09:32 AM
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Jan 30 2008, 12:57 AM) *
Afterwards many people (mostly girls lol) but also a few teachers of me came to me and said it was really good.

Thursday its the second and last gig but after today I'm allready very happy. biggrin.gif

Thanks for the tips and when I have video I will post it here but I dont know when I'll have it.

Cheers

Glad everything went well laugh.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 30 2008, 10:50 AM
Lets go fishing!
thats great it went so well. An interesting point on nerves/feeling anxious is that its impossible to feel that when your being creative because the brain can only do one at a time smile.gif

So for any future giggers you can rest well knowing that feeling nervous before a gig will soon vanish wink.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Jan 30 2008, 12:43 PM
Hehe thanks to you all. biggrin.gif Tomorrow its the last gig and I'll post how it was. smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 1 2008, 12:21 AM
The gig was even a bigger succes. Though we played a few mistakes nobody (also the guys who know the song) noticed them.
I allready have some girls who chase after me ... and thats no joke.
One of them sended me a text message with sleep tight I love you ...

GUYS I allready have a girlfriend biggrin.gif

The father of our singer (Andrew) has filmed it and I think it'll be on youtube by the week-end.
I'll let you guys know.
But I think I drank to much "Jupiler" (Belgian beer) afterwards biggrin.gif.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihaaa

--------------------

+Quote Post
Davidian
Feb 1 2008, 07:39 PM
Jupiler is good, too good tongue.gif !
Cool that youre gig was nice ! And if you ever play in Bruges let me know laugh.gif

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 1 2008, 07:44 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Mrblomme @ Feb 1 2008, 12:21 AM) *
The gig was even a bigger succes. Though we played a few mistakes nobody (also the guys who know the song) noticed them.
I allready have some girls who chase after me ... and thats no joke.
One of them sended me a text message with sleep tight I love you ...

GUYS I allready have a girlfriend biggrin.gif

The father of our singer (Andrew) has filmed it and I think it'll be on youtube by the week-end.
I'll let you guys know.
But I think I drank to much "Jupiler" (Belgian beer) afterwards biggrin.gif.

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiihaaa

WOW thats awesome news man !!! wink.gif
I see that you discovered why we all started to play an instrument wink.gif ehhehe
I'm so glad everything turned like it did...Can't wait for youtube video wink.gif

Cheers mate

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Iluha
Feb 1 2008, 08:03 PM
I'm glad it went well man, by the way what song did you play?

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 2 2008, 12:28 PM
Our gig was amazing this time. We got asked back to play a bank holiday in August and to play acoustic songs at a folk/blues night. biggrin.gif Didn't get a girlfriend however sad.gif Nevermind there is always the next gig. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 5 2008, 09:50 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Feb 1 2008, 08:03 PM) *
I'm glad it went well man, by the way what song did you play?

We played Enter Sandman from Metallica. smile.gif
Not to difficult but nobody knows. biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:44 PM