Do You Have Any Special "thing" On How To Combat Stage Freight?
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2011, 02:37 PM
Instructor
We all have problems handling stage freight sometimes, some shows can be demanding, we put a lot of effort to it, and it's important for us to produce a quality performance.

We are now talking about those 10 minutes before the shows. Hands are getting cold, anxiety kicks in.. you know. smile.gif Does anybody has any special "thing" or ritual in these situations. I kinda walk around couple of times with my guitar, thinking about something completely non-related to the gig. biggrin.gif

How bout you? smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2011, 02:40 PM
Learning Roadie
I know some people are not going to like me saying this, but I can't help it, it's what I believe. wink.gif

To be honest, I pray to God. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 10 2011, 02:58 PM
GMC:er
Well all nervous go away after the first song! biggrin.gif before that just don't think much about it, but when you do, don't drink coffee you might have a heart attack ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 10 2011, 02:59 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Jul 10 2011, 03:14 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 10 2011, 08:58 AM) *
Well all nervous go away after the first song! biggrin.gif before that just don't think much about it, but when you do, don't drink coffee you might have a heart attack ph34r.gif

Yeah, starting and stopping is always the hardest for me, it seems. When some friends come over to hear me play - just out of the blue - I'm thinking, Ok, what do I play? I just go blank for a minute. biggrin.gif Instant pressure and stage fright in my own room! laugh.gif I just wear sunglasses in those cases, it's something to hide behind...er, but I couldn't exactly wear sunglasses at church when I play specials.
happy.gif Song books would fly!... Just kidding!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 10 2011, 04:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
There is no way for me to stop it if I have it. I just combat it by preparing days before the gig. I also have ritual of playing the set list once home on the day of the gig. That way I feel prepared and confident so the stage freight might not appear much.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Jul 10 2011, 08:29 PM
Instructor
Honestly speaking, I was affected by stage fright until pretty recently..my antidote was this band itself... Voodoo is a tremendous display of energy when performing live, and it turns me into an animal as well.. We always get on stage after our intro is played, that being a part of the soundtrack for the movie called 'Blood diamond' -it has tribal beats and some mixed didjeridoo sounds we incorporated. That always makes the people wonder what's going on, and in the last 10 seconds we run onstage and the chaos begins smile.gif)) I don't have time to be nervous anymore biggrin.gif and after one hour of playing and jumping around, I feel like 3 hours have passed. smile.gif)

This post has been edited by Cosmin Lupu: Jul 10 2011, 08:48 PM

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 10 2011, 08:40 PM
Instructor
Over the years I learned to convert porch into a positive vibration, so that I can't wait to run out on stage smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 10 2011, 10:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jul 10 2011, 09:40 PM) *
Over the years I learned to convert porch into a positive vibration, so that I can't wait to run out on stage smile.gif

Nicely said smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 09:40 PM