Children See. Children Do.
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 12 2014, 04:06 PM
Instructor
Hi guys, I just found this video at Facebook and wanted to share it.

)

http://www.trueactivist.com - Did you know that your children look up to you as their role model? Choose your actions wisely, Children see, Children Do!

What makes you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 14 2014, 12:03 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 12 2014, 04:06 PM) *
Hi guys, I just found this video at Facebook and wanted to share it.

)

http://www.trueactivist.com - Did you know that your children look up to you as their role model? Choose your actions wisely, Children see, Children Do!

What makes you think?
powerful
as a father of many,so true

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 14 2014, 08:10 AM
Learning Roadie
Something similar.

The other day a lady at church came up to me and commented that the teenage boys at church only seem to sing and participate in the songs that I lead. It really shows the influence that we have that we might not be aware of and that we don't choose to be role models, we get chosen.

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 14 2014, 12:06 PM
Learning Rock Star
And it's not just children to be honest, even other adults will do as other people do. If someone starts throwing trash on the ground, others will too.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 14 2014, 12:45 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 14 2014, 12:06 PM) *
And it's not just children to be honest, even other adults will do as other people do. If someone starts throwing trash on the ground, others will too.

This is so true.

The question is : how to stop it when it spreads?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Monica Gheorghev...
Mar 14 2014, 12:53 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Mar 14 2014, 11:45 AM) *
This is so true.

The question is : how to stop it when it spreads?

Maybe this is the answer wink.gif
One good thing will kill one bad thing smile.gif

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Mar 14 2014, 03:30 PM
GMC:er
the solution? stop breeding.

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
PosterBoy
Mar 14 2014, 03:41 PM
Learning Roadie
Putting decent role models on tv and getting rid of the vile people kids are looking to currently would be a good start

--------------------
My SoundCloud

Gear
Tyler Burning Water 2K
Burny RLG90 with BK Emeralds
Fender US Tele with BK Piledrivers
Epiphone 335 with Suhr Thornbuckers
PRS SE Custom 24-08
Ax8

Fessenden SD10 PSG
Quilter TT15

+Quote Post
TreyDeschamp
Mar 14 2014, 03:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Mar 14 2014, 09:30 AM) *

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Very eye opening video though!

--------------------
Check out my Youtube!
Add me on Facebook!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 14 2014, 04:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Mar 14 2014, 11:30 AM) *

You are planning the end of humanity! ohmy.gif

Being better persons, good role models and inspiring others is what we can do. It can have a very strong impact, bigger than we think. It can also spread.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Mar 14 2014, 04:26 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 14 2014, 04:00 PM) *

Being better persons, good role models and inspiring others is what we can do. It can have a very strong impact, bigger than we think. It can also spread.

Absolutely. I can't remember what city it was that I visited where they were very strict in regards to throwing trash on the street. They had someone constantly cleaning up, plus you'd get a fine if you threw anything. That meant people wouldn't do it. Of course that's maybe a bit extreme, but if people see you throw something in the trash can, they'll probably do the same.

Same goes if you talk nicely to someone, they'll talk nicely to you... if you start yelling, chances are so will they.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 15 2014, 02:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 14 2014, 12:26 PM) *
Absolutely. I can't remember what city it was that I visited where they were very strict in regards to throwing trash on the street. They had someone constantly cleaning up, plus you'd get a fine if you threw anything. That meant people wouldn't do it. Of course that's maybe a bit extreme, but if people see you throw something in the trash can, they'll probably do the same.

Same goes if you talk nicely to someone, they'll talk nicely to you... if you start yelling, chances are so will they.

That's a good trick. If the city is clean, most of the people will feel uncomfortable throwing thrash on the street. And this is applicable to everything... the contagion effect is possible.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Mar 15 2014, 02:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Really powerful message in just a minute. Its really important to know though, little kids will copy what is happening in their surroundings...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Palacios
Mar 15 2014, 03:10 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Mar 14 2014, 04:06 AM) *

So true. I've been in management for years, and this is an infallible truth. You can defiantly set a bad prescedent with adults just like kids. It almost feels like you have to be a father figure to them. Every time I leave work early; sure as hell every one else does to. If someone catches me playing on my phone; swear be damned I'll catch five guys doing it. If they catch me on Guitar Masterclass on my computer; I guarantee they get on here to. laugh.gif Being it takes so much energy to keep a work environment professional; I'm forced to just be a total square. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Palacios: Mar 15 2014, 03:12 PM

+Quote Post
klasaine
Mar 15 2014, 05:39 PM
Wanna know what's scarier ... ?

When they do $h!t that you NEVER do.

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Mar 15 2014, 09:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 14 2014, 04:00 PM) *

it will also take ,friends tellin friends , there are doing somethin wrong, and there lies the problem , no one wants harsh someones mellow, you know like holding your friend accountable and not leting him drink to much, cheat on his wife and so on,so that being said
are you willing to do what it takes
wrote a song with my old band in 99, heres how it go Attached File  03_Track_3.wma ( 3.01MB ) Number of downloads: 116

but lets face , no one wants

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Mar 15 2014, 09:23 PM

+Quote Post
waynedcoville
Mar 15 2014, 11:32 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Mar 14 2014, 03:00 PM) *

No, I don't want to end humanity, but I do think there needs to be a better system in place. I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the world but in America there is an over population problem. The sad part is that a lot of the children are unwanted. They are being born so that the lazy, worthless parents can continue to collect more and more welfare. The children are raised the same as the parents, continuing the cycle of abusive and lazy people. I think a better solution would be to instil a licensure program so that people have to fill out an application to have more than one child - people who can't physically have children and actually want them have to go through a grueling application process - it should be the same for those able to bear their own. The outcome would be a less populated, yet higher quality society. I can go on but my wife is yelling at me...

This post has been edited by waynedcoville: Mar 16 2014, 03:49 AM

--------------------
Carvin 6 string bass (walnut neck and body w/burl maple top)
Carvin 5 string AE fretless bass(mahogany neck and body w/ quilt maple top)
Dean 8 string bass
Danelectro BassVI
Washburn 5 string acoustic bass
Hartke HA3500 w/ 4-10x1-15
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Zoom B9.1ut / Crybaby
Monster cables

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 19 2014, 02:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (waynedcoville @ Mar 15 2014, 07:32 PM) *
No, I don't want to end humanity, but I do think there needs to be a better system in place. I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the world but in America there is an over population problem. The sad part is that a lot of the children are unwanted. They are being born so that the lazy, worthless parents can continue to collect more and more welfare. The children are raised the same as the parents, continuing the cycle of abusive and lazy people. I think a better solution would be to instil a licensure program so that people have to fill out an application to have more than one child - people who can't physically have children and actually want them have to go through a grueling application process - it should be the same for those able to bear their own. The outcome would be a less populated, yet higher quality society. I can go on but my wife is yelling at me...

Your post made me think... why everybody lives in the same place. Check out this article:

http://persquaremile.com/2012/10/10/when-e...ives-in-a-city/

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 04:36 AM