I Am Back
DarkWaveRiffer
Mar 21 2012, 04:10 AM
GMC:er
Hello,
When I first found this site was about 2 years ago, and I have a broadband card, and the connection was horrible. I can't believe I forgot about this site. I saw Trond's lesson on simple metal rhythm, and I was hooked. I signed up, and I had signed up before. Well I am happy to say I have been pretty active learning guitar over a year now. I am glad I rediscovered this site. The videos on here are awesome.I like how the break things down to what is essential to learning a technique, or lick, and still make it interesting.

I really want to take advantage of recording, and sharing my progress with the rest of the forum.
I am more into making up my own stuff, than playing songs. I would love to be in a band playing my own songs. One of my inspirations for picking up the guitar, and this might sound weird, but I often have dreams of hearing music in my sleep that I never heard before. A couple of times I have been fortunate enough to remember the melody, and some of the lyrics, and had my guitar teacher help me recreate it, and saved it. The problem is I am not good enough yet to play what I hear in my dreams.

I plan on following some of the beginner lessons, and posting my progress. I need to get a webcam that's good at recording first. Anyone that can help me with how to I can have a good set up for recording, playing along with backing tracks, and integrating with my computer. It would be much appreciated.

I currently have a Fender GDEC-15 AMP, a BOSS ME 70, and a LTD AX400 .

I promise you will be seeing me regularly now that I have a good internet connection.

Keep on playing,

DWR

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title: Air Guitarist

Guitarist Title thread

DWR's EPIC Practice Journal l

DarkWaveRiffer's Modern Music Mentored By Cosmin Thread

Lead Mastery Mentored by Gab

Attacking Scales Mentored By Alex Thread

Want to know how to practice for success?? Click here!!

Are you sabotaging your practice? Click here!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Mar 21 2012, 05:30 AM
Welcome to GMC! smile.gif I"m Todd and I"m one of our instuctors here. I teach video chat lessons each Saturday and we'd love to have you come out and jam! The schedule for all video chat lessons is on the front page of this site at the bottom of the page. Just scroll down and bingo! Jump in to the forums and recs, and chats!

Todd

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
maharzan
Mar 21 2012, 05:41 AM
Veteran Guitar Lord
Welcome back DWR!

--------------------
Checkout my YouTube & my band Nissim's YouTube channels.

+Quote Post
thefireball
Mar 21 2012, 06:03 AM
Learning Roadie
Welcome back! I have been here for a little while and love it! You sound like me - hearing stuff in my dreams and wanting to transcribe it. I am not good enough to do it either. Hopefully one day. I have heard wonderful melodies in my head. I can't carry a tune very well, so I can't easily sing it out. Hope you get all you need from this site!!

Brandon

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Mar 21 2012, 09:56 AM
Instructor
Hey DWR - Welcome back to GMC smile.gif

As well as all the lessons on the site, there's live video chats every week too which you can check out and pick things up from...

Also, we got things like this going on !

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...t=0&start=0

You're always welcome to get involved and start recording any of the weekly Tasks wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Mar 21 2012, 10:14 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (DarkWaveRiffer @ Mar 21 2012, 04:10 AM) *
I need to get a webcam that's good at recording first. Anyone that can help me with how to I can have a good set up for recording, playing along with backing tracks, and integrating with my computer. It would be much appreciated.

I currently have a Fender GDEC-15 AMP, a BOSS ME 70, and a LTD AX400 .

For this purpose you would need two things :

- audio recording interface
- webcam

For audio interface I would recommend something simple like Pod Studio GX (should be one of cheaper options which work for home recording)

For webcam - check out some newer Logitec models out there.
Logitec 9000 Pro is now pretty old but works nicely if you have a fast computer. There are newer models out there - someone help?

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
dark dude
Mar 21 2012, 03:25 PM
Hey there, DWR.

You'll need a program such as Reaper to record and edit your tracks. Reaper allows for a seemingly unlimited trial period before you want to dive in and get a license, which is nice of them.

I use a Line 6 GX to record guitar, it's cheap and does the job.

As for video, I record using a camera (not a webcam, my PC is too ancient to handle a lot of processes), then delete the audio, and slap the Line 6 GX audio onto the video, which works well.

While you're deciding and/or awaiting your recording gear, I'd recommend posting a recording off a video camera or phone camera (if the quality isn't awful) showing your current level if you'd like the instructors and GMC members to critique your playing. This'll definitely help point you in the right direction.

--------------------
Ibanez 2550E
LTD EC-1000 VB
Roland Cube 30W

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Mar 22 2012, 03:30 AM
Thanks for the warm welcome...again. This site is so much nicer now that I can actually get through a lesson without connection problems.
I decided to focus on Ben's Bushido lesson program, and Todd's program. I can dedicate about an hour, or 2 a day. So I will do 1 hour on each. I just got done doing task 1 of the Bushido. I am having problem with the triplettes, and playing to speed with the video. So I am working on that slower.

The site has some phemon instructors, its too hard to choose! I am starting at beginner with everything. Get my foundation solid. I like my guitar teacher that I go to, and I have made strides, but he lacks structure. I don't know if he really knows how to develop a program to focus on how to accelerate your learning, and playing.

I have been to plenty of teachers that if you stick with them long enough you will get better, but they don't focus on fundamentals of getting gig worthy as fast as possible.

I am an engineer by trade, and I started applying some of my engineering to guitar learning, and its not unlike what I see here on the forums.

Ok back to playing.

DWR

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

My goal is to learn to play guitar like its my second language, and my first words to the world will be "Bite Me!".

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Mar 22 2012, 07:19 AM
Instructor
Hi man! Welcome back to the site! Those programs that you selected will really help you! It's also very important to dedicate some hours every day for practicing. Feel free to check my personal board where you will find some features like Gab's Army, Slash Style Collab and my Video Chat's Lesson notes, and many more coming...

Personal Board

Enjoy GMC! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
DarkWaveRiffer
Mar 23 2012, 01:24 AM
QUOTE (thefireball @ Mar 21 2012, 12:03 AM) *
Welcome back! I have been here for a little while and love it! You sound like me - hearing stuff in my dreams and wanting to transcribe it. I am not good enough to do it either. Hopefully one day. I have heard wonderful melodies in my head. I can't carry a tune very well, so I can't easily sing it out. Hope you get all you need from this site!!

Brandon

I checked out your 3 year guitar evolution. That was one of the most inspiring things I have seen in my life. I want to do something similar and chart my progress. You have created a legacy for yourself that your kids, and family can see. What inspired me the most was you started out knowing very little, and in 3 years you were jamming. What was your path of instruction? Teachers, online, gmc? Any ways I can't wait to look back 3 years from now, and "go wow, that was awesome!".

--------------------
Keep on playing!

DWR

"Just fn play already!"

Guitarist Title thread

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:39 PM