22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >  
Phil66's Bootcamp, Glory Awaits!!
Phil66
Oct 3 2021, 09:19 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Further to the above post Sarge,

I've made a start on SBC37. As you know, when there's more than one and its dealers choice I go for the most difficult. In 37 both examples are of similar difficulty so I've combined them. I hope that's okay with you.

I should get a video to you at a decent bpm in the next few days.

Cheers

Cadet Phil

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 4 2021, 10:37 PM
GMC:er
Works for me!! Make a Guitar pro file for it if you would so i can compare it to what you play.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 3 2021, 04:19 PM) *
Further to the above post Sarge,

I've made a start on SBC37. As you know, when there's more than one and its dealers choice I go for the most difficult. In 37 both examples are of similar difficulty so I've combined them. I hope that's okay with you.

I should get a video to you at a decent bpm in the next few days.

Cheers

Cadet Phil

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 6 2021, 08:48 PM
Take 1 SBC37 Sarge,

First round isn't the correct sequence, second one starts too quickly but the third seems okay. 250bpm

https://youtu.be/_sSAFmW6fJs

GP File >>>>>> Attached File  Lesson_37c.gp ( 9.21K ) Number of downloads: 39

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 7 2021, 03:28 AM
Well fought!! I like how you took the two parts and made them in to one thing. It's what im doing in the demo video, but I didn't want to make that lick overwhelming. You sorted it quite well!! Your mute is very solid and not lifting which is what I like to see. Your picking is in solid form as well and on the third take you have a good sense of timing also. it's tricky to play a complex lick while listening at the same time to the metronome, so well done there as well. To wit!

Congrats soldier!! You just...

LEVELED UP!!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 6 2021, 03:48 PM) *
Take 1 SBC37 Sarge,

First round isn't the correct sequence, second one starts too quickly but the third seems okay. 250bpm

https://youtu.be/_sSAFmW6fJs

GP File >>>>>> Attached File  Lesson_37c.gp ( 9.21K ) Number of downloads: 39

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 7 2021, 07:11 AM
Thanks Sarge,

I can't see your demo video for some reason, it wasn't there when I started this mission.

On to the next one.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 8 2021, 04:18 AM
Thats odd? Give it another go?
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/wiki/inde...%9D_-_Lesson_37

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 7 2021, 02:11 AM) *
Thanks Sarge,

I can't see your demo video for some reason, it wasn't there when I started this mission.

On to the next one.

Cheers

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 8 2021, 09:56 AM
That's odd, it's there now, the other day I refreshed that page numerous times but there was always a bit space where the video should be.

Re SBC38, I can do econ picking if I don't think about it as you saw in SBC36, but when I have to think about it I struggle laugh.gif sometimes I'll alternate pick something fine but as I increase speed, economy picking creeps in all on its own. I've never planned picking I just let it sort itself out so this will be a challenge having to force it.

Cheers smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 9 2021, 02:19 AM
Sometimes a vid won't load for some reason. I"ve had it happen as well. 38 is a bit of a switch to "force" the hand in to doing it a certain way. You've got to be in control of it, but if you focus too much on it, your hand actually gets confused and stops working well. Once you have the picking pattern, actually distracting yourself might help. it' in that distracted zone that i've made great gains. When my hands knew what to do and I could quit thinking about it and let my fingers sort it.

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 8 2021, 04:56 AM) *
That's odd, it's there now, the other day I refreshed that page numerous times but there was always a bit space where the video should be.

Re SBC38, I can do econ picking if I don't think about it as you saw in SBC36, but when I have to think about it I struggle laugh.gif sometimes I'll alternate pick something fine but as I increase speed, economy picking creeps in all on its own. I've never planned picking I just let it sort itself out so this will be a challenge having to force it.

Cheers smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 9 2021, 09:52 AM
I'm currently up to 240bpm 1/4 notes, I find it comes more naturally the quicker I go. I guess you don't really need economy picking at slow speed so the brain struggles to keep it chugging along, alt picking seems easier at slower speeds.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 10 2021, 09:40 PM
Impressive!! I know this is tricky stuff. It will really help play licks that benefit from econ as well as riffs that use it. It allows the hand to pick with less stress as it's making use of the way the hand is moving.

Sarge

[Imprequote name='Phil66' date='Oct 9 2021, 04:52 AM' post='792878']
I'm currently up to 240bpm 1/4 notes, I find it comes more naturally the quicker I go. I guess you don't really need economy picking at slow speed so the brain struggles to keep it chugging along, alt picking seems easier at slower speeds.
[/quote]

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 11 2021, 08:55 PM
Hello Sarge,

Mission 38.

https://youtu.be/SxYWIUfLnWQ

And just for a laugh, I had a go at 350bpm 1/4 notes. It's not super bad, I'm way ahead of the beat to start with but it does come together a little bit at the end.

https://youtu.be/rj3U9RC-rUM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 13 2021, 01:58 AM
Well fought Soldier!!!! I can tell you have been putting some time in the wood shed!! Your technique here is very solid. You are able to combine all of the things that I'm looking for which is asking a lot out of any player. It looks like your injuries are not holding you back which is great to see!!! I was getting worried that perhaps you were going to have long term damage and it might keep you off the field of battle. Im glad to see you are powering through it!!!

On the first vid, everything is very solid. Picking, muting, timing, hand synch. it's ll there and you have earned every inch of it. I wanted though to ask if you could put more distortion on that signal and in general, use quite a bit of distortion on every bootcamp mission. The use of high gain provides a very good challenge of keeping a very tight mute and it allows me to hear any and all mistakes as the distortion tends to exaggerate every little thing.

Secondly , it sounds like there is a lot of delay on the first video. Try to avoid using delay at all in bootcamp missions unless it's a "solo mission" where you are playing a guitar solo that you have created. Delay just covers up what is happening in every other type of mission so it's best avoided.

I can hear through the delay that it sounds like this is spot on, but I would like to hear it with lead tone gain and zero delay if you are up for it?

The second video is very impressive in terms of pushing the envelope. This is where a lot of progress is made. I'm glad you added a "pushing it" take. Keep doing so if possible as it lets me see where your hands are going!

Once more in to the breach!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 11 2021, 03:55 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

Mission 38.

https://youtu.be/SxYWIUfLnWQ

And just for a laugh, I had a go at 350bpm 1/4 notes. It's not super bad, I'm way ahead of the beat to start with but it does come together a little bit at the end.

https://youtu.be/rj3U9RC-rUM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 13 2021, 07:13 AM
Sorry Sarge,

It isn't delay, it's the native video sound I forgot to mute it rolleyes.gif

I'll do another one this evening.

REHABILITATION UPDATE:

One of the rehabilitation exercises I've been given has been really difficult, I have to aim for ten repetitions, I've been struggling to do five, occasionally seven, and after that my arm is exhausted, yesterday evening I managed ten, the last three were making me pull some faces but I got there and this morning I managed ten again, the first five were done really quickly (I have to stand at arm's length from the wall and walk my fingers up the wall moving closer to the wall as my hand gets higher but keeping my arm straight). It seems like something has suddenly made a giant leap forward, let's hope it doesn't make a giant leap back now laugh.gif I still can't play open chords very easily and anything below the 5th fret other singular note stuff is hard, ie; bending, vibrato, hammer-ons etc

Here is another one, I've added 20bpm to last night's, I was playing ahead of the beat but pulled it in after a few tries.

https://youtu.be/CWYEz2YYs9g

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 13 2021, 08:56 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2021, 02:50 AM
Ahh smile.gif No worries. Live and learn. I've done the same thing when recording videos.

So it's a problem with raising you arm above your head basically? Is it focused in the shoulder? Im glad that it's making progress!! I wish I knew what was causing this. It seems almost random? Just all the sudden your shoulder loses all its power and you have trouble moving your arm very much. Feel free to move the missions up the neck btw to a place that is comfy to play. The last thing i want to do is make things needlessly difficult.

Onward!! First off that is a great shirt and a great looking axe!!! You have fine taste Soldier!!! Your hand synch has been getting better with each Mission IMHO. Have you been able to notice the gains? Go back and watch your old videos and then watch some of the new ones, and see if you can notice what I'm talking about. Your finger dexterity and muting has improved quite a bit as well. Congrats!!

This Mission is one of my fave licks. You can play this as a solo lick in just about any blues / rock song and it will work. You don't even have to pick all the notes. You can pull most of them off/ hammer and it still sounds good. It's a bit of a Slash type lick. Using the same shape on 3 high strings and then moving to a traditional blues shape ending. It can be made to sound shreddy or made to sound bluesy. Muting is key on this one and your mute is solid! To wit!

Congrats! You just...

LEVELED UP!!

Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 13 2021, 02:13 AM) *
Sorry Sarge,

It isn't delay, it's the native video sound I forgot to mute it rolleyes.gif

I'll do another one this evening.

REHABILITATION UPDATE:

One of the rehabilitation exercises I've been given has been really difficult, I have to aim for ten repetitions, I've been struggling to do five, occasionally seven, and after that my arm is exhausted, yesterday evening I managed ten, the last three were making me pull some faces but I got there and this morning I managed ten again, the first five were done really quickly (I have to stand at arm's length from the wall and walk my fingers up the wall moving closer to the wall as my hand gets higher but keeping my arm straight). It seems like something has suddenly made a giant leap forward, let's hope it doesn't make a giant leap back now laugh.gif I still can't play open chords very easily and anything below the 5th fret other singular note stuff is hard, ie; bending, vibrato, hammer-ons etc

Here is another one, I've added 20bpm to last night's, I was playing ahead of the beat but pulled it in after a few tries.

https://youtu.be/CWYEz2YYs9g

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 14 2021, 02:56 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2021, 06:58 AM
Thanks Sarge,

It's not just above shoulder height, even with my elbow low, it's hard to put my left hand palm on my right face cheek, at one point I couldn't even touch my nose. We're getting there though, slowly but surely. Just got to re-train the brain/nerve/muscle connections. At the moment it's like teaching a fish to climb a tree.

I have noticed that I am a bit better at hearing whether I'm on time or not at faster bpms, and I am pleased with how this one turned out at 300bpm, still no where near shredding but moving forward slowly, not bad for the walking wounded..

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:
Great news about my injury, tonight he said that there is much more muscle contraction everywhere, it's coming along very well, probably take another six weeks and have to be careful not to overdo things.
Tonight I played that tricky quick lick in the Por Mans Blues lesson a few times, not as quick as the lesson but fairly quick. I'm thinking now that some of my inability to play the quicker things has been down to my partial paralysis in my neck/shoulder/arm, I reckon we're looking towards the beginning of next year before I can really start working hard on those kind of licks.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 14 2021, 08:46 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 14 2021, 09:31 PM
Very glad to hear it's making good progress!!! Sounds like you are having to re train a good bit of it from scratch. It's really impressive that you are able to play at all much less tricky bits at 300 bpm. Score! smile.gif I hope these Missions can be part of your retraining the muscles. Hopefully as you get better at these and re train, you'll gain some other functionality / flexibility as well.

At faster BPM you get more clicks per given amount of time. More clicks always helped me better than fewer clicks which is why I ramp up the bpm when learning a given lick so that there is a click for every single strike I'm making. Otherwise, there isn't a reference for each strike. Thats why I often suggest the same to folks.

Onward!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 14 2021, 01:58 AM) *
Thanks Sarge,

It's not just above shoulder height, even with my elbow low, it's hard to put my left hand palm on my right face cheek, at one point I couldn't even touch my nose. We're getting there though, slowly but surely. Just got to re-train the brain/nerve/muscle connections. At the moment it's like teaching a fish to climb a tree.

I have noticed that I am a bit better at hearing whether I'm on time or not at faster bpms, and I am pleased with how this one turned out at 300bpm, still no where near shredding but moving forward slowly, not bad for the walking wounded..

Cheers

Phil

UPDATE:
Great news about my injury, tonight he said that there is much more muscle contraction everywhere, it's coming along very well, probably take another six weeks and have to be careful not to overdo things.
Tonight I played that tricky quick lick in the Por Mans Blues lesson a few times, not as quick as the lesson but fairly quick. I'm thinking now that some of my inability to play the quicker things has been down to my partial paralysis in my neck/shoulder/arm, I reckon we're looking towards the beginning of next year before I can really start working hard on those kind of licks.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 14 2021, 09:48 PM
I tried playing that Poor Man's Blues lick to a click but it doesn't really work. It's a blues lick so not locked to a time frame.

Cheers Sarge

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 15 2021, 08:36 AM
Blues licks are often "slurred" and don't always lock up exactly to a click. With bootcamp stuff, it's mostly linear and designed to help players learn to play with a click. Blues can be done this way but it benefits from actually fewer clicks rather than more clicks as the push and pull of it is what makes it breath and sound like blues.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 14 2021, 04:48 PM) *
I tried playing that Poor Man's Blues lick to a click but it doesn't really work. It's a blues lick so not locked to a time frame.

Cheers Sarge

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 16 2021, 11:19 AM
Updates files for MISSION 39!! These look great!!!

Attached File  SBC39_Warm_Up.gp5 ( 2.11K ) Number of downloads: 27

Attached Image

Attached File  SBC39_Part_A.gp5 ( 1.99K ) Number of downloads: 25

Attached Image

Attached File  SBC39_Part_B.gp5 ( 1.99K ) Number of downloads: 28

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Dec 5 2021, 09:36 PM
I am working on this again Sarge.

Once again, I've combined the two sections, the B section is trickier than the A but I should have a video soon, even if it's just a progress video

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:27 AM