22 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > »   
Phil66's Bootcamp, Glory Awaits!!
Phil66
Aug 26 2021, 08:43 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Sarge,

Onto the next one and thanks for that little exercise, nice one cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 26 2021, 09:26 PM
GMC:er
Give em hell Soldier! I do that same two finger drill as a warmup. Works on several things at once which is always good smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 26 2021, 03:43 PM) *
Thanks Sarge,

Onto the next one and thanks for that little exercise, nice one cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 1 2021, 07:42 PM
Hello Sarge,

I've been out of action on guitar for a few days, as well as my strange injury where it feels like only half of my shoulder muscle fibres are working amongst others in my upper and lower arm, I have had a painful neck injury the last few days, one of those that you wake up with, it's definitely spinal and not muscular but unlike the other injury that just stops my arm working quickly, this one was giving jolting pains particularly when, you guessed it, in guitar playing position.

Anyway, I've been using a traction device and I woke up yesterday with it much improved, it's still painful but I'm back on my current mission tonight, you know all about vertebrae issues buddy, much worse than my issues it the noises that are horrible, when i turn my head, it sounds like a stick of celery being twisted wacko.gif

Into the breach I go Sarge.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 1 2021, 10:26 PM
I live with this kind of pain so I know what you are talking about. I really am sorry that this is happening to you. I would not wish it on anyone. Having broken my back twice, i feel that grinding pain quite often. It's not easy to push forward sometimes. You have the grit and gristle to move ahead with your busy life despite these things and Impressive.

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 1 2021, 02:42 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

I've been out of action on guitar for a few days, as well as my strange injury where it feels like only half of my shoulder muscle fibres are working amongst others in my upper and lower arm, I have had a painful neck injury the last few days, one of those that you wake up with, it's definitely spinal and not muscular but unlike the other injury that just stops my arm working quickly, this one was giving jolting pains particularly when, you guessed it, in guitar playing position.

Anyway, I've been using a traction device and I woke up yesterday with it much improved, it's still painful but I'm back on my current mission tonight, you know all about vertebrae issues buddy, much worse than my issues it the noises that are horrible, when i turn my head, it sounds like a stick of celery being twisted wacko.gif

Into the breach I go Sarge.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 2 2021, 06:56 AM
Thanks Sarge,

I just wish the pain was somewhere else other than in a place I'm using to play guitar. Mind you it's much better now, the other injury is worse, no pain to speak of, it just won't do what I need it to do. I can hold a metal tray at work with my right hand and lift it forward with a straight arm and take it above my shoulder, the same tray in my other hand (left) and I can't even get the arm horizontal and that's putting as much effort as possible into it, I go red in the face like I'm squatting 500lbs, it's not movement restriction because I can do it without the tray in my hand, it's the fibres in a large portion of the muscle not receiving the signal to fire, that's why it's a struggle playing near to, and sliding quickly to the headstock. Everything feels ten times heavier than with the other arm, when I try to slide along the neck, it's like there's a 10lb weight strapped to my wrist so it's hard to get the hand going quickly rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Let's hope the physiotherapist can fix it.

Into the breach

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 2 2021, 07:11 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 3 2021, 02:52 AM
Please do mod these drills so they work with your ability and condition. There is no rule saying they must be done a certain way. It can adapt to you. If it's something painful, just change it. Each mission has a theme. I just want you to get that given theme. You can mod the drills any way you need to in order to make them playable. If and when you can play again. I hope it's soon! Best of luck with therapy. Ive done it several times myself.

Onward!

Sarge
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 2 2021, 01:56 AM) *
Thanks Sarge,

I just wish the pain was somewhere else other than in a place I'm using to play guitar. Mind you it's much better now, the other injury is worse, no pain to speak of, it just won't do what I need it to do. I can hold a metal tray at work with my right hand and lift it forward with a straight arm and take it above my shoulder, the same tray in my other hand (left) and I can't even get the arm horizontal and that's putting as much effort as possible into it, I go red in the face like I'm squatting 500lbs, it's not movement restriction because I can do it without the tray in my hand, it's the fibres in a large portion of the muscle not receiving the signal to fire, that's why it's a struggle playing near to, and sliding quickly to the headstock. Everything feels ten times heavier than with the other arm, when I try to slide along the neck, it's like there's a 10lb weight strapped to my wrist so it's hard to get the hand going quickly rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

Let's hope the physiotherapist can fix it.

Into the breach

Cheers

Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 3 2021, 10:30 AM
Neck pain is gone now 90% so I am playing, the other neurological issue is still there so you won't see me doing THIS any time soon, there's no way I could slide back towards the headstock that quickly unless I attach a bungee to my wrist laugh.gif

Speak soon Sarge.

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 3 2021, 02:52 AM) *
Please do mod these drills so they work with your ability and condition. There is no rule saying they must be done a certain way. It can adapt to you. If it's something painful, just change it. Each mission has a theme. I just want you to get that given theme. You can mod the drills any way you need to in order to make them playable. If and when you can play again. I hope it's soon! Best of luck with therapy. Ive done it several times myself.

Onward!

Sarge

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 3 2021, 10:07 PM
Further to the above Sarge, I can only point you to this >>> https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=792064

No need to listen to the sound cloud file just read my comment please, I don't think I'll be able to do Bootcamp for a while but I will try tomorrow Sarge.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 3 2021, 11:41 PM
Very sorry that this is happening to you. I really hope your doctors can help you through it. sad.gif

Sarge

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 4 2021, 08:21 AM
I'm sure they will Sarge, I need to find out why it's started to get worse again, I certainly haven't been in that chair.

I'm still going to try Bootcamp this evening, it's just practising Bootcamp missions keeps the band in a supinated position for more time than is normal and it's triggering the cramping issue, that's why I couldn't hold some bends in my lesson with Gab, and adding vibrato made it worse.

Who knows? It could be much better this evening, you know how vertibrae issues can change so quickly. rolleyes.gif

Fingers crossed, I guess I could try playing over the top of the neck just for the experience.

Speak soon.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 5 2021, 02:13 AM
This is the fixed version of mission 35. I"m going to ask fran to update the mission page with this.

Attached File  35.gp5 ( 2.28K ) Number of downloads: 27

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 7 2021, 08:40 PM
Take 1 Sarge,

https://youtu.be/XgR47W-EoG8

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 8 2021, 01:50 AM
Fighting through injury like a true Soldier!!!!! It's great to see making progress!!! To wit!!!

Nicely played all around. Your technique is solid and you've earned it!!!
You just...

LEVELED UP!!!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 7 2021, 03:40 PM) *

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 8 2021, 08:54 PM
Thanks Sarge,

Onto the next one.

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 9 2021, 02:42 AM
Sharp eyes as always and thanks much for these lovely files! I've eliminated the first drill as it's a bit redundant. This is Mission 36 for the love of the Ionian smile.gif (that's cork sniffer for Major scale)

Attached File  36_part1.gp5 ( 1.71K ) Number of downloads: 31

Attached Image

Attached File  36_part2.gp5 ( 2.28K ) Number of downloads: 35

Attached Image

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 9 2021, 05:19 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 9 2021, 02:42 AM) *
This is Mission 36 for the love of the Ionian smile.gif (that's cork sniffer for Major scale)

That's not Cork sniffer Sarge, THIS is Cork sniffer:

"Ionian mode is the name assigned by Heinrich Glarean in 1547 to his new authentic mode on C (mode 11 in his numbering scheme), which uses the diatonic octave species from C to the C an octave higher, divided at G (as its dominant, reciting note or tenor) into a fourth species of perfect fifth (tone–tone–semitone–tone) plus a third species of perfect fourth (tone–tone–semitone): C D E F G + G A B C (Powers 2001a). This octave species is essentially the same as the major mode of tonal music "

wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 10 2021, 01:09 AM
Wow. That is truly Cork Sniffer!!!

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 9 2021, 12:19 AM) *
That's not Cork sniffer Sarge, THIS is Cork sniffer:

"Ionian mode is the name assigned by Heinrich Glarean in 1547 to his new authentic mode on C (mode 11 in his numbering scheme), which uses the diatonic octave species from C to the C an octave higher, divided at G (as its dominant, reciting note or tenor) into a fourth species of perfect fifth (tone–tone–semitone–tone) plus a third species of perfect fourth (tone–tone–semitone): C D E F G + G A B C (Powers 2001a). This octave species is essentially the same as the major mode of tonal music "

wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 10 2021, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 10 2021, 01:09 AM) *
Wow. That is truly Cork Sniffer!!!

Absolutely and I took it from the SBC36 lesson page biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 11 2021, 01:47 AM
Im glad you are reading all the bits!! Some folks just skip straight to the drill smile.gif How does this one feel? is it playable for you in your current condition?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 10 2021, 12:58 PM) *
Absolutely and I took it from the SBC36 lesson page biggrin.gif tongue.gif biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 11 2021, 01:48 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 11 2021, 07:16 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 11 2021, 01:47 AM) *
Im glad you are reading all the bits!! Some folks just skip straight to the drill smile.gif How does this one feel? is it playable for you in your current condition?

I've run through it a few times slowly, I'm doing the long one, it was okay but my bicep did start cramping after five runs.

I need to play it faster so that it takes less time, then I might avoid the cramps laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 13 2021, 06:55 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:23 AM