22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >  
Phil66's Bootcamp, Glory Awaits!!
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2021, 01:44 AM
GMC:er
I don't know if thumbless technique would help but i thought I'd suggest it wink.gif Keep it in the safe zone Soldier!!
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 11 2021, 02:16 AM) *
I've run through it a few times slowly, I'm doing the long one, it was okay but my bicep did start cramping after five runs.

I need to play it faster so that it takes less time, then I might avoid the calls laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 15 2021, 08:51 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hello Sarge,

Some good news for a change, a client has cancelled their appointment with the physiotherapist tomorrow evening so they called and offered me the slot, one week early smile.gif

Thumbless is actually harder, I have less control not gripping onto the neck rolleyes.gif

Currently up to 90bpm with 1/4 notes on mission 36, struggling with palm mute on the thinner strings due to the position I have to hold the guitar for my left hand, I am managing to control extraneous noise though.

Cheers

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 15 2021, 09:02 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 16 2021, 03:45 AM
Thats great news about getting an appointment!!! Too bad thumbless is no help. Just trying to think of things that might reduce pressure. As always, don't worry about the speed. it's more about the precision on this one. There are some "shreddy" bits coming later.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 15 2021, 03:51 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

Some good news for a change, a client has cancelled their appointment with the physiotherapist tomorrow evening so they called and offered me the slot, one week early smile.gif

Thumbless is actually harder, I have less control not gripping onto the neck rolleyes.gif

Currently up to 90bpm with 1/4 notes on mission 36, struggling with palm mute on the thinner strings due to the position I have to hold the guitar for my left hand, I am managing to control extraneous noise though.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 16 2021, 08:50 PM
I am the bionic man.

Part of my treatment is electrostimulation as in the video along with contrast therapy and exercises all at home, and then acupuncture and manipulation at the Physiotherapist. I may have to go for a nerve conduction velocity test too if the first course of treatment isn't working enough.

The video does play if you click it even though at the moment it is showing as though it isn't processed.

https://youtu.be/1WU4qj1abqY

Fingers crossed wink.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 16 2021, 08:56 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 18 2021, 03:38 AM
You are doing what has to be done Soldier!! I have an electro stim unit that I use on my back in addition to the frozen gel pack things. It takes a village!!!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 16 2021, 03:50 PM) *
I am the bionic man.

Part of my treatment is electrostimulation as in the video along with contrast therapy and exercises all at home, and then acupuncture and manipulation at the Physiotherapist. I may have to go for a nerve conduction velocity test too if the first course of treatment isn't working enough.

The video does play if you click it even though at the moment it is showing as though it isn't processed.

https://youtu.be/1WU4qj1abqY

Fingers crossed wink.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 18 2021, 10:18 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 18 2021, 03:38 AM) *
You are doing what has to be done Soldier!! I have an electro stim unit that I use on my back in addition to the frozen gel pack things. It takes a village!!!!

Sarge

Yeah I've had this a while, it's great, it's TENS and EMS but we're using it for nerve simulation. It's a great device, it's wireless and once you've set the program into each receiver, which takes a few seconds (you can have different progs and intensity on each), you can leave the controller and go for a walk, they run for up to eight hours on a charge but progs only go to three hours which is more than enough anyway.

I'm quietly optimistic, I can already lift my straight arm out forwards and continue vertically upwards pointing at the ceiling. Horizontal was all I could manage on Thursday and that was maximum effort. There's a lot of pain in there at the moment, I guess the nerves are shifting around and I'm finding the balance of over doing my exercises and doing enough.

Speak soon Sarge.

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 18 2021, 12:36 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 19 2021, 08:30 AM
Im very glad to hear that it's workin!! I've done several bouts of physical therapy over the years and it always helped. I'm sure they will give you a bunch of take home work as well after it's all wrapped up. It's important to keep up with that stuff too even though it can be a pain. I'm just glad you got in to see someone. I know that medical people are a bit full over these days so some folks have been pushed back for all sorts of services. Best part is that you can tell its' helping. keep it up!!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 18 2021, 05:18 AM) *
Yeah I've had this a while, it's great, it's TENS and EMS but we're using it for nerve simulation. It's a great device, it's wireless and once you've set the program into each receiver, which takes a few seconds (you can have different progs and intensity on each), you can leave the controller and go for a walk, they run for up to eight hours on a charge but progs only go to three hours which is more than enough anyway.

I'm quietly optimistic, I can already lift my straight arm out forwards and continue vertically upwards pointing at the ceiling. Horizontal was all I could manage on Thursday and that was maximum effort. There's a lot of pain in there at the moment, I guess the nerves are shifting around and I'm finding the balance of over doing my exercises and doing enough.

Speak soon Sarge.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 19 2021, 08:42 PM
Thanks Sarge,

I've got to get this sorted, fingers crossed I don't need that nerve conduct velocity test, if he sends me for that, it means it could be more serious rolleyes.gif

Here is Take 1 of SBC36. I'm still trying to lighten the pressure that my left hand puts on the strings, will take a while and with things changing in my arm/neck/shoulder it will need constant adjustment rolleyes.gif

The picking looks a little odd to me, direction-wise, I wasn't thinking about it, just going with the flow.

https://youtu.be/k3Ngs6b5zGE

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 19 2021, 08:43 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 20 2021, 05:32 AM
WELCOME BACK TO THE FIGHT!!! This is a great way to run any scale. Once you get the pattern, it woks on just about anything. It's ok to mix and match alternate and econ as it's just about the pattern on this one, not the picking. Score!!

To wit!

Congrats! You just...

LEVELED UP!!
Attached Image
Attached Image

Onward!
Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 19 2021, 03:42 PM) *
Thanks Sarge,

I've got to get this sorted, fingers crossed I don't need that nerve conduct velocity test, if he sends me for that, it means it could be more serious rolleyes.gif

Here is Take 1 of SBC36. I'm still trying to lighten the pressure that my left hand puts on the strings, will take a while and with things changing in my arm/neck/shoulder it will need constant adjustment rolleyes.gif

The picking looks a little odd to me, direction-wise, I wasn't thinking about it, just going with the flow.

https://youtu.be/k3Ngs6b5zGE

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 22 2021, 06:57 AM
Thanks Sarge,

Injury not been good the last couple of days, up and downs of bodily repair eh?

On to the next one.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 22 2021, 10:26 PM
I hear ya!! It's just rough when the gear we are born in to starts to have issues. Sorta like owning a vintage car I would think. Still can be enjoyed but needs a lost more care and attention smile.gif

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 22 2021, 01:57 AM) *
Thanks Sarge,

Injury not been good the last couple of days, up and downs of bodily repair eh?

On to the next one.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 23 2021, 07:00 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Sep 22 2021, 10:26 PM) *
...like owning a vintage car..
Sarge

Are you likening me to a vintage car????? How very dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Physiotherapy update: He is very impressed with the improvement in just a week. I had a full manipulation tonight and accupuncture with some more exercises to do. He said the recovery so far is remarkable so I'm happy. Need to give it full rest this evening, then back to playing tomorrow evening for a short while at my holiday home. Things are looking good smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 23 2021, 08:41 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 24 2021, 03:23 AM
I'm thrilled to hear it! You have been earning it every step of the way to be sure. It's great that the therapy is actually working!! Don't push things to hard before you get a chance to recover. I'd hate for you to lose ground on this. Sounds like you are in good hands which is great news!

Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 23 2021, 02:00 AM) *
Are you likening me to a vintage car????? How very dare you!!!!!!!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Physiotherapy update: He is very impressed with the improvement in just a week. I had a full manipulation tonight and accupuncture with some more exercises to do. He said the recovery so far is remarkable so I'm happy. Need to give it full rest this evening, then back to playing tomorrow evening for a short while at my holiday home. Things are looking good smile.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 30 2021, 08:52 PM
Hello Sarge,

Injury update:

Had a bit of a crazy one at the physio tonight. I had a massage whilst lying on my stomach, the physio asked me to roll over onto my back, so that I didn't mess up the fresh sheet he put on the table for me I thought I'd get off and then get back on on my back, I completely forgot that he'd jacked the bed up high so he could massage me, OOOOPS! Expecting the floor to be there I got off the bed, somehow did a flip mid-air, my back hit a metal shelf that was attached to a single pole at the rear of a stand, completely bent the shelf and it scraped my back making it bleed, landed on the floor with a thud, needless to say, I'm hurting, the physio was very worried at how I landed, he sterilised and dressed my back with a large dressing, he asked how I was and I said "I'll tell you in the morning, that's when it will hurt", he thinks I may have damaged my hip joint but I feel okay. I told him not to worry, I'll be fine, it was my stupid fault. Anyway, at least I didn't do more damage to the injury but I'm hurting in places I didn't know I'd hit. I can be a calamity at times rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Speak soon

Calamity Cadet Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 1 2021, 04:42 AM
Good lord Soldier!!!! I'm very sorry to hear this. You were on the mend last time we checked in and now it sounds like you may have taken a step back. I wish you the best in your recovery!!! I know what it's like to be walking wounded.

Take care of yourself! That's an order!!
Sarge

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 30 2021, 03:52 PM) *
Hello Sarge,

Injury update:

Had a bit of a crazy one at the physio tonight. I had a massage whilst lying on my stomach, the physio asked me to roll over onto my back, so that I didn't mess up the fresh sheet he put on the table for me I thought I'd get off and then get back on on my back, I completely forgot that he'd jacked the bed up high so he could massage me, OOOOPS! Expecting the floor to be there I got off the bed, somehow did a flip mid-air, my back hit a metal shelf that was attached to a single pole at the rear of a stand, completely bent the shelf and it scraped my back making it bleed, landed on the floor with a thud, needless to say, I'm hurting, the physio was very worried at how I landed, he sterilised and dressed my back with a large dressing, he asked how I was and I said "I'll tell you in the morning, that's when it will hurt", he thinks I may have damaged my hip joint but I feel okay. I told him not to worry, I'll be fine, it was my stupid fault. Anyway, at least I didn't do more damage to the injury but I'm hurting in places I didn't know I'd hit. I can be a calamity at times rolleyes.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Speak soon

Calamity Cadet Phil

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 1 2021, 06:55 AM
Thanks Sarge,

I didn't make the injury that's being treated any worse which is a good thing but this morning I feel like I've been hit by a freight train rolleyes.gif

I was telling a friend at work, we were laughing about it because I am a bit accident prone, he had a look and said the graze is about a foot long, I've took the dressing off now to let the air get to it smile.gif

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 1 2021, 08:11 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 1 2021, 09:47 AM
a foot long is more like a war wound!!! smile.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 1 2021, 01:55 AM) *
Thanks Sarge,

I didn't make the injury that's being treated any worse which is a good thing but this morning I feel like I've been hit by a freight train rolleyes.gif

I was telling a friend at work, we were laughing about it because I am a bit accident prone, he had a look and said the graze is about a foot long, I've took the dressing off now to let the air get to it smile.gif

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 1 2021, 07:07 PM
It feels like a war wound when the hot shower hits it laugh.gif laugh.gif

Rather than re-typing it all, here is an update wink.gif
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=792691

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 1 2021, 10:18 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Oct 3 2021, 12:53 AM
I saw a question about spotify vs other outlets and wanted to share a bit with ya. Spotify is currently the "top dog" in terms of streaming platfoms but it is fed by many sources. You can use ONE RPM or DISTRO KID etc. who will distribute your music to the various streaming platforms. You typically still need to go and create an "Artist Account" on spotify which will serve as your personal space on the platform. when you use a distribution plaform, you can typically connect it to your spotify artist account so that your music goes in the right spot. Here is an article about it. Spotify has preferred vendors such as distro kid with whom they have a set relationship to make it easier for artists to publish music.

https://bestfriendsclub.ca/does-distrokid-m...ccount-for-you/

There can still be issues though example there is another Todd Simpson on spotify and our music gets thrown in together.
https://open.spotify.com/artist/1i6P8GKzZZWGNlgNQ9ospJ

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Oct 3 2021, 12:59 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 3 2021, 09:45 AM
Thanks Sarge,

The update was more about my injuries than anything else and I don't know why I was concerned about retyping it all when I could just copy and paste rolleyes.gif laugh.gif

The Spotify thing has come about from the creativity workshop, Gab has mentioned a few times that my slower melodic parts are very relaxing. Also when I did the very first one, a member on here said at the time that he found it extremely relaxing after a rough day at work. I thought I might be able to help others relax by creating short pieces for quick relaxation after work.

I've re worked the first creativity track which was done when I had no experience, I used THIS which came with Cakewalk and Boss effects software, a great starter but I didn't know about crossfade, I played the arpeggio a few times the copy and pasted it to the required length. Because I didn't use crossfade there is a slight audible click occasionally, also the bass was overpowering in a couple of areas as I used my 7 string iirc.

I don't have so the individual tracks, only the end product and I don't have the effects now, well I do but they only work with the hardware so I could do it over again. I've done my best with help from Gab, added a synth chord drone, used a multi band compressor and added the Gem mod. It's turned out okay. I'll send it to you later on today.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 18 19 20 21 22 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 07:16 PM