2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Free Avid Video Editor
Todd Simpson
Jul 12 2017, 08:01 PM
GMC:er
AVID is giving away a free version of it's top of the line video editor "MEDIA COMPOSER". This is a very cool app that is used on a variety of film and tv shows. It's one of the most used editing app in pro circles for films/tv/etc.

It's a trimmed down version of the app, that's why it's free, but it's still plenty powerful and will help you make killer vids. If you are using microsoft video or something like that, save yourself, and go get this free version of AVID.

https://my.avid.com/mcfirst

It was used on the recent movie shot in my home state of GA "Baby Driver" He used it live on set with just a macbook pro to edit the move as they shot it!! It's very fast software. smile.gif Here is an article about it.

https://www.premiumbeat.com/blog/editing-an...nd-baby-driver/

Attached Image

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2017, 08:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Thanks Todd,

I've been looking for an alternative to Movie Maker for a while.

Nice one. Just got to learn how to use it now laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 12 2017, 08:41 PM
Happy to help and your in luck! AVID has a series of "How To" vids about Media Composer First. Here is the starter vid!! They are all on youtube.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 12 2017, 03:18 PM) *
Thanks Todd,

I've been looking for an alternative to Movie Maker for a while.

Nice one. Just got to learn how to use it now laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 12 2017, 08:47 PM
Todd,

I can't unzip the files, I get this. sad.gif I've tried installing from within the zipped file but it says files are missing sad.gif

I've tried getting into the Avid Video community forum but it won't let me in, sad.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 12 2017, 09:28 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
HaveGuitar
Jul 12 2017, 09:05 PM
That's really cool! I went through a number of softwares last year wgen I started up my yt channel. Adobes didnt start on my computer at all. Tried a 3 or 4 free ones which all was too limited or could not render 4k video. Got Corels editor that also could not render 4k video... then I started using sonys movie studio platinum that came with my camera. Its a djungle!! smile.gif If a mac wasnt as expensive as they are I would without doubt consider one...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 13 2017, 12:59 PM
And for those running a non-Intel machine there's LIGHTWORKS, you'll also have to get the EYEFRAME Converter too.

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 13 2017, 08:21 PM
The only time I've seen this is on systems that are either just not compatible (wrong video card/processor/etc.) and on systems running the wrong version of windows. Did you make sure your computer meets the minimum specs in terms of hardware and software?

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 12 2017, 03:47 PM) *
Todd,

I can't unzip the files, I get this. sad.gif I've tried installing from within the zipped file but it says files are missing sad.gif

I've tried getting into the Avid Video community forum but it won't let me in, sad.gif

The good news is AVID WILL RUN ON WINDOWS! smile.gif So you don't need a mac. if you have a relatively new windows machine, just download and install. It went very easy for me but then again I was doing it on a mac. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (HaveGuitar @ Jul 12 2017, 04:05 PM) *
That's really cool! I went through a number of softwares last year wgen I started up my yt channel. Adobes didnt start on my computer at all. Tried a 3 or 4 free ones which all was too limited or could not render 4k video. Got Corels editor that also could not render 4k video... then I started using sonys movie studio platinum that came with my camera. Its a djungle!! smile.gif If a mac wasnt as expensive as they are I would without doubt consider one...

Good point!! IF you are running AMD processors for some reason, you are pretty much out for AVID but you can get LIGHTWORKS for free!!! It's very similar and runs on windows smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 13 2017, 07:59 AM) *
And for those running a non-Intel machine there's LIGHTWORKS, you'll also have to get the EYEFRAME Converter too.

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 13 2017, 09:36 PM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 13 2017, 08:21 PM) *
The only time I've seen this is on systems that are either just not compatible (wrong video card/processor/etc.) and on systems running the wrong version of windows. Did you make sure your computer meets the minimum specs in terms of hardware and software?

Todd

How do I do that mate?

This is my music laptop spec

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 14 2017, 05:18 PM
You more than meet the specs with that rig. Install should be straight forward. Uninstall it, if you see an uninstaller in the folder it created. Then do a windows update. Also get the latest drivers for your video card. Then try the install process again. I just did the install to see if it would work. Good news is it seems to work fine even on a 2011 macbook pro. Six years old and it still takes it.

I think SENSIBLE JONES had a similar problem with another avid product, I think it was pro tools first. Maybe he can shed some light on this? The only other way would be to post the question in the Avid forum. I'm sure other folks must have run in to this issue, and if they can't help I'm sure the admins can.

just to verity you did sign up for the avid master account? Also, it's a good idea to log in to your master account during the install. Also deactivate your anti virus software during the install as it may be deleting files during the install that it doesn't like.

Attached Image

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 13 2017, 04:36 PM) *
How do I do that mate?

This is my music laptop spec

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 14 2017, 05:20 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 14 2017, 09:39 PM
I had to sign up for an Avid master account to get the download.

I can't ask the community because it won't allow me to create an Avid Community account mad.gif See bottom image of last post.

I am stuck really.

Cheers anyway, I will have to stick with Windows Movie Maker rolleyes.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
GeneT95
Jul 14 2017, 10:23 PM
I got it downloaded, but it crashes whenever I try to load a video to modify. Not certain why. I'll try it again.

This post has been edited by GeneT95: Jul 15 2017, 12:16 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 15 2017, 03:19 AM
Well darn!! Have you googled your error message to see if other windows users had it? If it just won't work, LIGHTWORKS is another free option and it works just fine on windows smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 14 2017, 04:39 PM) *
I had to sign up for an Avid master account to get the download.

I can't ask the community because it won't allow me to create an Avid Community account mad.gif See bottom image of last post.

I am stuck really.

Cheers anyway, I will have to stick with Windows Movie Maker rolleyes.gif

Double Darn!! Anybody running windows get this thing to install and actually work? I do really hate how they tie the licensing up with the account and all. If they are going to make it free, just make it free. It's this kind of crap and the resulting problems that are going to cost Avid in the long run. sad.gif

Todd

QUOTE (GeneT95 @ Jul 14 2017, 05:23 PM) *
I got it downloaded, but it crashes whenever I try to load a video to modify. Not certain why. I'll try it again.

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 17 2017, 12:39 PM
The problem I had with Pro Tools First was that my machine has an AMD Processor. Avid only work with Intel so you should be OK on that front Phil. If you can't get it working there's a link to the Lightworks in my earlier post. You'll also have to get the Eyeframe Converter which is also linked in that post.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2017, 06:26 PM
LIGHT WORKS is a great option and it's free and works on windows smile.gif It's a way better option than movie maker imho which is sorta not very good.

QUOTE (Sensible Jones @ Jul 17 2017, 07:39 AM) *
The problem I had with Pro Tools First was that my machine has an AMD Processor. Avid only work with Intel so you should be OK on that front Phil. If you can't get it working there's a link to the Lightworks in my earlier post. You'll also have to get the Eyeframe Converter which is also linked in that post.

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Jul 17 2017, 06:26 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 17 2017, 07:32 PM
I got Lightworks installed, to be honest, for quickly recording a lesson to my DAW and matching the sound up to the video, Movie Maker is a piece of wee wee, I never had to look in the help, Lightroom is more faff but I will continue to learn it smile.gif

What is the Eyeframe convertor for?

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 17 2017, 10:59 PM
The converter is just to convert files in to a format that is friendly to lightworks. If you can import directly you can skip it, but if the files won't import, run them though the converter. smile.gif

Todd

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 17 2017, 02:32 PM) *
I got Lightworks installed, to be honest, for quickly recording a lesson to my DAW and matching the sound up to the video, Movie Maker is a piece of wee wee, I never had to look in the help, Lightroom is more faff but I will continue to learn it smile.gif

What is the Eyeframe convertor for?

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 18 2017, 06:52 PM
Cheers Todd,

The files from my Sony work just dandy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 19 2017, 03:46 AM
cool! saves a step:)
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 18 2017, 01:52 PM) *
Cheers Todd,

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jul 19 2017, 06:03 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Jul 18 2017, 06:52 PM) *

Your lucky then Phil! If I use either my Webcam or my Flip I have to convert them before importing to Lightworks. Not that it's a problem, just another step to take!
smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Jul 19 2017, 08:34 PM
One thing I did find though, and maybe this means I do need the convertor?, is that the video can be a bit stuttery.

I'm a bit of a numpty with this kind of thing

smile.gif

This post has been edited by Phil66: Jul 19 2017, 08:49 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:41 AM