Quitar Speed Program
besip
Jun 28 2008, 09:46 PM
GMC:er
HI all
thats program looks good
http://www.guitarspeed.com/gst/order.asp?v=2.3.8.4

actualy the price for that program is maybe HI...but i'm was check the Free version and have realy fun with that..so will se maybe in future i'm buy this rolleyes.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Martin la guitar...
Jun 28 2008, 10:06 PM
interesting but doesnt this program look like guitar pro?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 28 2008, 10:13 PM
Not at all like Guitar Pro.

The program is a speed trainer (hence the name).

It measures your speed, keeps track of it, and offers you several graded exercises.
The final goal is to be able to play the flight of the bumble bee at a blazing speed.

I have it, and it's great. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Martin la guitar...
Jun 28 2008, 10:18 PM
oh sorry, it actually sounds pretty interesting. Jacmoe, seems like you've been trying the speed trainer program (the real one) am i right or not?

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 28 2008, 10:20 PM
Learning Rock Star
I checked it out a while back, and I must admit it is very...minded on one thing - speed. That's all good, but I think there are better ways of approaching this.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
skennington
Jun 28 2008, 10:39 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Nice find Rene smile.gif Doing the speed profile thingy now. In the red at 180bpm on the single's. This tell's me I definitely need to work on my AP tongue.gif

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 28 2008, 10:49 PM
The speed trainer program is centered around your personal speed profile.

The Speed Profile is divided into six categories:

• Single
  • Double
  • Chromatic
  • Scale
  • Pattern
  • Random

The categories are handy, because it's easier to home in on your problem areas. smile.gif

The drills are made so that you after each run - starting from 40 bpm - evaluate your performance.
You have to choose between five grades: Effortless, Easy, Tiring, Broken, Impossible.

The ultimate goal is to have Effortless and Easy as much as possible. wink.gif

The program is a helper program, and that's it.

I find it quite useful, because it provides the drills and the bookkeeping tools for a structured speed quest.

That's what the program does.
And that's why I have it. laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Siggum
Jun 28 2008, 10:51 PM
Cool idea, gonna have a go at it later, thanks for the link Besip smile.gif

--------------------

It dont mean a thing if it aint got that swing

+Quote Post
ZakkWylde
Jun 28 2008, 10:51 PM
Learning Tone Master
Have it, tried it and figured: A metronome gets the same effect...

--------------------

Gear:
- Jackson USA Select KV2 King V with EMG 81/85
- Gibson Les Paul Custom Arctic White with EMG 81/85
- Ibanez Rg 8527 J Custom 7-String with DiMarzio Evolution and Air Norton

- Peavey 6505+ head with Marshall 1960AV 4x12 cab
- Peavey Vypyr 30 Practice Amp
- Dunlop Crybaby From Hell, Maxon OD808, Boss TU-2, MXR CarbonCopy, ISP Decimator, MXR Custom Audio Electronics Booster

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 28 2008, 10:54 PM
That's not the point.

The point is to train different things: single notes, two notes, patterns, scales, chromatic runs, etc.
And keep track of your progress.

If you do your own bookkeeping, then you don't need this program.

It's just a dumb helper program, that's all.

((So that you don't have to be)). dry.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 28 2008, 11:06 PM
Instructor
good software .thanks for the link

+Quote Post
besip
Jun 28 2008, 11:30 PM
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 28 2008, 05:51 PM) *

metronome isn't work for me i'm was try just the free version here and i'm belive the fuul version can be verry usefuel
i'm realy have fun with the free version rolleyes.gif and i'm thing i'm reach the point 160bpm on singles

actualy 160bpm was unable play by me laugh.gif

--------------------
[
MY Gear
Jackson Sl2h
Digitech DF-7
PodXt

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 29 2008, 11:25 AM
Instructor
Nice program, I think it is interesting, I tried it and it shows what notes to fret but that's it wink.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 29 2008, 02:13 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Maybe I just can't read, but how does it work...?? I mean, how does it knows what is your speed? Do I need a microphone connected to my sound card? Will gear such as toneport GX/UX/other help in using this software?

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 29 2008, 02:18 PM
You follow specific drills.
Each drill has a number of runs, each run increasing in tempo.
You evaluate your playing after each run.
It's all up to you and your honesty, because the program doesn't have ears. laugh.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 29 2008, 02:25 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Boooo, I thought it is some "uber" technology that can also listen wink.gif Oh well, another dream about "the easy way" shattered...tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 29 2008, 04:20 PM
QUOTE (Marek Rojewski @ Jun 29 2008, 03:25 PM) *
Oh well, another dream about "the easy way" shattered...tongue.gif

Easy come, easy go. smile.gif

Forgot to mention that each run is run for as long as you like.
When you've had enough, you stop, evaluate and progress into the next run. wink.gif

But, yeah: some kind of guitar playing implant would be nice .. tongue.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 29 2008, 04:54 PM
Singing Instructor
Looks cool,thanks for the link.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 29 2008, 04:59 PM
Get to da Chopper!
QUOTE (ZakkWylde @ Jun 28 2008, 10:51 PM) *

I also have it...

...Metronome is better IMO.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Jun 29 2008, 06:02 PM
Get to da Chopper!
Hmm ive had another look at the program, its been a while.

I actually think this is a good program for beginners wanting to "get their speed on".

I remember that metronome practise was boring back then so i think this would be suitable for those thinking "I want speed, but not tht metronome"

At intermediate level it doesn't have alot to offer- i just redid the profile and it was mostly effortless with easy level around 140 bpm.

So beginners- go for it!

Intermediate players...you know where the metronome is.....

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:22 PM