> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >  
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
ClaudioStrat
Sep 26 2021, 01:29 PM
Learning Roadie
hi Gabri,

hope all is good. sorry been a bit absent lately but back in my recording "studio". I practiced but didn't manage to record much on the road, so back at it now.

recorded the Eric Gales lesson at 90 bpm, worked on bends, rhythm and try to get a better tone.

what do do you think?

thanks as always

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Eric_Gales_26_sept.mp3 ( 2.77MB ) Number of downloads: 67

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 27 2021, 03:14 PM
Instructor

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 27 2021, 05:23 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabri,

Happy to see the video reply!

Good exercise, here is what I can hear (also attached PDF of the tab with noted mistakes) as I was listening to both.

Bar 4
I think the bends are not too far from the right pitch but i noticed listening back to back with your that
The first 11th full bend is a bit shorter in my case
The 10th full bend maybe the pitch is not precise?

Bar 5 the 10th 1/4 bend (I think I did more like 1/2 bend)

Bar 7 the first 11th 1/2 bend came a little sharp in the take

Bar 10
I think the bend 10th full is fine, but bend twice while I think you only bend once and then pick twice (just spotted this difference actually) this I can fix!

Bar 13
As you say I go a little fast before the bend (10th full bend)
I think the bend is not too far here pitch wise. But maybe a little flat?

Bar 14
I missed the first pull off after the 12th vibrato , so need to fix this. Just noticed I was doing it wrong.

Bar 15
Second bend is to shallow in this take.

Bar 17
I think I play it correctly (the right notes), buy I go way too fast here especially at the beginning.
This Is something I have consistently done wrong, not for lack of trying.

The rest seems ok to me (ok Bar 22 forgot a vibrato on the 9~~~~ in this take)

What do you think? did I miss anything ?

Attached File  Eric_Gales_Licks__notes.pdf ( 133.86K ) Number of downloads: 66

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 29 2021, 01:45 PM
Instructor
Excellent analysis! I think that you wrote down all the things that I note and marked during the video.

The next thing to see if to play it again and see if you have problems in the same areas.

And after that work on each parts as an exercise.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Sep 29 2021, 04:04 PM
Learning Roadie
hi Gabri,

I worked on it, I think I fixed quite a few things in this one.

Bar 17, still not there but I think improved it a a bit (i think the timing was off before and also some pull off were muted before, which gave a different sound). I think can fix this now.

what do you think?

Attached File  Eric_Gales_29_sept.mp3 ( 2.77MB ) Number of downloads: 62

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 1 2021, 07:16 PM
Instructor
Cool!! Yes, I can notice many things improved here. It's awesome how much you could improve this one in just a short period of time. Now you have much less things to work on. I would do the same, write down the parts that need attention and work on them as isolated exercises.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 5 2021, 02:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabri,

Sorry for late reply but was away for a few days, now back at it!

I think in that take as you say many things were better, but a few bends which I usually get right were not perfect and also BAR 17 was still not right

I worked on it a bit more last week and got the one below, which I think is a bit better so let's work with this new one.

[attachment=52814:Eric_Gales_5_Oct.mp3]

Listening to it I think:

Bar 1-7 I think bends are in pitch (what do you think?)

Bar 8 last bend is in pitch but the note finishes in a weird way (but is a one off)

Bar 10 and 13 are now ok, I think

Bar 14 is now ok (the vibrato is a little short) but playing all the pull offs

Bar 15 Second bend now is there, prob still a little below pitch or too fast in this take

BAR 17 is better, prob still not perfect but now it starts to sound similar to yours. I have isolated this one.

The rest is ok, now with some vibratos I was not putting before

did I miss anything?

thanks as always!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2021, 01:36 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!

This is what I notice:

- The bends in measures 2 and 3 do not reach the right pitch.
- The same happens with the bends in measure 5 , 7 (first one) and 10.
- The bend in measure 11 is missing.
- Measures 13 and 14 need to be polished.
- Check the bends and rhythm in measure 15.
- Polish measure 17, and fix the first bend.
- Measure 19 is rushed. The second half of 17th too.
- Fix the bend in measure 23.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 6 2021, 02:02 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Oct 6 2021, 12:36 PM) *
Hi Claudio!

This is what I notice:

- The bends in measures 2 and 3 do not reach the right pitch.
- The same happens with the bends in measure 5 , 7 (first one) and 10.
- The bend in measure 11 is missing.
- Measures 13 and 14 need to be polished.
- Check the bends and rhythm in measure 15.
- Polish measure 17, and fix the first bend.
- Measure 19 is rushed. The second half of 17th too.
- Fix the bend in measure 23.

thanks was this on the latest one?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 6 2021, 04:38 PM
Instructor
Yes!

Eric_Gales_5_Oct.mp3

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 7 2021, 12:12 AM
Learning Roadie
thanks on it!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 7 2021, 09:24 PM
Instructor
Great!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 14 2021, 03:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

I hope all is good,

I continue to practice Eric Gales licks. recorded a few this week I think i have improved some of those problems

I attach 2 takes one recorded yesterday and one today, there are a few imperfection like Measure 19 is not super clean in today's version but the rest is ok i think.

So would like to know if you notice improvements, consistent errors in both etc...

[attachment=52854:EG_13_Oct.mp3]

[attachment=52855:EG_14_Oct.mp3]

other updates:
1) I have also started to practice your new "left hand technique" lesson, i think would be very good for me.

2) and as a new project I'm learning this one
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metall...-For-Beginners/
which is a cool lesson (will share for some attempts soon)

I'm out for a few days, so wanted to give you an update especially on the EG one.

Thanks
Claudio

This post has been edited by ClaudioStrat: Oct 14 2021, 03:32 PM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 15 2021, 03:41 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! How is it going?

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 14 2021, 11:31 AM) *
So would like to know if you notice improvements, consistent errors in both etc...

[attachment=52854:EG_13_Oct.mp3]

[attachment=52855:EG_14_Oct.mp3]

I've checked both takes. I think that the second one is a bit better. Most of the bends are better on it, and I can say that it shows many improvements compared to the previous takes. There are still some timing issues (in the parts that I marked before), and some missed micro bends, but you are getting very close mate, congrats!!

If possible, write down your analysis based on '14 Oct' take to know the things that you need to work.

other updates:
1) I have also started to practice your new "left hand technique" lesson, i think would be very good for me.

Excellent!! This lesson is part of a technique training course that I'm still working on, so I recommend you to get into all of these lessons. I can monitor your progress here.

2) and as a new project I'm learning this one
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Metall...-For-Beginners/
which is a cool lesson (will share for some attempts soon)

Cool! Go for it. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 19 2021, 12:35 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri sorry for late reply but was away.

working on the '14 Oct' , probably good to do this after a few days, to my ears I would say:

- to me first 1-6 measures are OK now, bend are closer although this part still does not sound close to yours (it i think something in the tone is missing yours is smoother, or prob just in the fingers! the way I finish some of the bends... still trying to figure out)

- measure 6 the bend at 10 (1/4) is there but maybe not precise
- measure 13 and 14 I think i'm roughly there in that take
- measure 15 i think is closer, but the sound of the 3 bends is not quite the same when compare to yours. This prob need more work
- measure 17 is better the bend sound ok top me and timing is closer
- measure 19 was not good in this one
- the bend in measure 23 is there but I think I over-bend a little ( i do more more like 1/2) should fix this

what do you think?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 19 2021, 02:50 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 20 2021, 12:34 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

thanks your videos always help a lot and is very good to see you analyzing live.

I think that bend that is always a bit problematic is the most annoying thing!

I have this interesting problem on the Strat I can control better bends on the B string , while G strings bends are little more complicated (this one I'm always using the strat to keep it consistent)
While on the Ibanez RG the opposite happens The G strings string feels good control while the B sting I need more strength!
a mistery to me as I use same strings same the scale is the same length...

anyways the positive is that I'm becoming more aware of them, even if it taking some time !

So worked a bit on that Bend on the G string after your video, trying to get both full and half bends more precise.
recorded the below, I was mostly focused on the first 30 second please (mostly focusing on that bend, the rest I think similar and still need more work re timing).

what do you think of the bends?

Attached File  EG_20_Oct.wav ( 12.22MB ) Number of downloads: 46

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 20 2021, 01:46 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Oct 20 2021, 08:34 AM) *
Hi Gabri,
thanks your videos always help a lot and is very good to see you analyzing live.

Nice!! biggrin.gif

I have this interesting problem on the Strat I can control better bends on the B string , while G strings bends are little more complicated (this one I'm always using the strat to keep it consistent)
While on the Ibanez RG the opposite happens The G strings string feels good control while the B sting I need more strength!
a mistery to me as I use same strings same the scale is the same length...

anyways the positive is that I'm becoming more aware of them, even if it taking some time !

Every guitar feels different so this makes sense to me. Sometimes I need to use different string gauges to make 2 guitars feel more alike.

What about the strings action? Is it also the same?

what do you think of the bends?

Attached File  EG_20_Oct.wav ( 12.22MB ) Number of downloads: 46

This is better, but you need more time of practice. If this would be guitar hero, your string bending precision rating would be 60%. It's a good idea to first focus on 1 element, and then the other one that needs to be polished (I refer to bending & timing).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Oct 21 2021, 11:19 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi,

yes Action is very similar ( i would describe is it medium to low action), maybe I could try to raise it a little on the Strat to see if it makes a difference on the bends (easy experiment on the strat).

another difference between the 2 guitars is FR+locking on the RG vs Strat Tremolo (floating) probably also having an impact.

Anyways glad you could also see some improvements, will post some updates on the other things I'm working on soon and continue to work on this.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 21 2021, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Excellent! Yes, you can try that and see if your bends improve when playing on your Strat.

Keep me updated!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 9 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 03:15 AM