Steve Vai - For The Love Of God (isolated Guitar Track)
Mertay
Oct 4 2017, 03:19 PM
GMC:er

Discuss smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Oct 6 2017, 07:28 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
That was friggin awesome. Thanks Mertay. cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 7 2017, 06:29 PM
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Oct 6 2017, 06:28 PM) *
That was friggin awesome. Thanks Mertay. cool.gif

You're welcome smile.gif

I've read its from that guitar hero game as to where it was extracted. I'm not sure why there's clipping (maybe bad mp3 conversion) but suspect its from the non-mastered mix as to why its brighter sounding.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 7 2017, 08:16 PM
Just for fun, first I tried to get the delays right by ear. Then I played the iso track through an analyzer set to get average responce.

Then I just hit the open strings of the guitar with dist, fx etc. on (from my processor) and eq'd it till it looked like the iso tracks response as close as possible.

Probably my mistake was selecting the neck Humbucker when I hit the open strings, result was a bit too mid sounding to me (should have selected both PU's).

But with a little tweak here and there, I probably didn't get the FTLG tone but still a very nice solo tone laugh.gif

Here's the responce curve;

[attachment=46577:Untitled2.jpg]

This post has been edited by Mertay: Oct 7 2017, 08:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 7 2017, 08:18 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
WOW,

he is so clean, hardly any noise from the unused strings BUT, this really goes to show that a piece you can listen to over and over and over, just doesn't have the same pull when there is no backing.

Cheers Mertay

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 7 2017, 08:34 PM
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 7 2017, 07:18 PM) *
WOW,

he is so clean, hardly any noise from the unused strings BUT, this really goes to show that a piece you can listen to over and over and over, just doesn't have the same pull when there is no backing.

Cheers Mertay

To be fair the iso track seemed a bit too thin sounding when listened side by side to the original song but you have a point.

Vai's tone still today sounds either a bit harsh or thin (check dimarzio's youtube page) but thats the only way to make the guitar sound upfront without masking the other instruments. Vai's arangements can be full sounding so he doesn't have much choice.

The lesson here I guess is understanding how a solo guitar sound and in a track can be different. When solo, we usually want less highs and more bass but this doesn't work so well when we want to record on a backing track.

This is where your helix's low-cut (at cab. ir section as far as I know) can be very handy. Just find a solo tone that inspires you and if it doesn't match the backing track, use low-cut to clear the sound enough and the presence knob on your selected amp if needed smile.gif

By the way, where have you been? I don't remember you posting here for a while now rolleyes.gif

This post has been edited by Mertay: Oct 7 2017, 08:36 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
fzalfa
Oct 7 2017, 08:38 PM
Learning Roadie
yeah !!!!! excellent !!!

it seem very faster with all the background, listening it in this way make it seem easy to play..... like it way slowed down a lot !

and we can hear all the 'errors' , in fact this guys is not an extra terrestrial !!!

thkx Mertay

Cheers

Laurent

This post has been edited by fzalfa: Oct 7 2017, 08:42 PM

--------------------

<div align="left"> Yes, i love badges.....
</div>

+Quote Post
Mertay
Oct 7 2017, 09:42 PM
QUOTE (fzalfa @ Oct 7 2017, 07:38 PM) *
yeah !!!!! excellent !!!

it seem very faster with all the background, listening it in this way make it seem easy to play..... like it way slowed down a lot !

and we can hear all the 'errors' , in fact this guys is not an extra terrestrial !!!

thkx Mertay

Cheers

Laurent

I also thought that too, might even look at the tab's again smile.gif

But I also thought he gave so much feeling to the song we might not even cared for his non-perfection of playing till now, its all about the music in the end cool.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 8 2017, 10:33 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
QUOTE (Mertay @ Oct 7 2017, 08:34 PM) *
By the way, where have you been? I don't remember you posting here for a while now rolleyes.gif

I've been here mate, just knuckling down with my practise, once I look at the forum time disappears so I tend to look on my phone or tablet but it's a bit of a ball ache posting on a mobile device when you're used to a keyboard and mouse wink.gif

If you check my thread with Gab you'll see I've been active except for last week, I was in Mallorca/Majorca cool.gif

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:37 PM