Off-set Position Markers?
phleb1968
Sep 21 2012, 06:29 PM
GMC:er
Hi.
I see many guitars/bass' that have the fretboard position markers moved over...closer to the E-D strings.
What is the purpose of this. Always looks odd to me. biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 7)
Ben Higgins
Sep 21 2012, 06:58 PM
Instructor
Do you mean like this ?

Attached Image

Just a style thing I think smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
phleb1968
Sep 21 2012, 07:25 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 21 2012, 05:58 PM) *
Do you mean like this ?
YES! That is it exactly. biggrin.gif
Attached Image

Just a style thing I think smile.gif

+Quote Post
derper
Sep 21 2012, 10:44 PM
Learning Tone Master
I'm actually guessing that the "thought" is, for you to SEE the markers better while playing. I only say this, because my Parker has NO markers on top, just on the side. But you don't need them on top, really...

--------------------

Check out my awesome Nintendo Cover-band, EMULATOR!!
http://www.reverbnation.com/emulator

Now.....go practice!!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 22 2012, 12:50 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I've seen that too and to me it kinda doesn't look symmetrical smile.gif

I don't actually like "dots" design, I would love something like 70s Jazz Bass with big squares instead of fret markers.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Sep 22 2012, 03:14 AM
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 21 2012, 11:50 PM) *
I've seen that too and to me it kinda doesn't look symmetrical smile.gif

I don't actually like "dots" design, I would love something like 70s Jazz Bass with big squares instead of fret markers.

I never really liked dots either but I always prefer a bit of unsymmetry. smile.gif Or when each fret marker is different like the birds and bats on a prs or there is a builder named Tom Bills uses a "falling leaf" pattern.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 22 2012, 09:05 AM
Instructor
I have this dot design on my Jackson Performer.. that's the same model as that picture, just a different colour. I really like the design, it looks cool. I prefer the frets to be uncluttered. I've never liked those big shark fin inlays.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 22 2012, 05:17 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
When I redid mine I did the same thing, easy to see and looks much sleeker. Except the 12th fret on mine is different.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 05:09 PM