Stratman79's April Mtp Thread, Weekly assignments and uploads here
Pedja Simovic
Apr 9 2010, 06:48 PM
Instructor
Hello Kieran,

We continue our work for April in this thread. Since I will be away for 4 days, I have decided to post all the assignments for you in advance this month. If you have any questions about them write in this thread and I will try to respond as soon as possible.

Here are the assignments for April!

Assignment 1 :

Jazz standard, melody and solo

- Pick a Jazz standard of your choice and record yourself playing melody one chorus followed by one chorus of solo.
- Tempo is your choice and you can also choose to record background music anyway you want it or even use already existing backing tracks (Aebersold or Band in a Box for example).
- Try to do everything in original key as it was written in the real book!
- Some suggestions for easy to intermediate Jazz standards : Blue Bossa, Blue Monk, Straight no chaser, All the things you are, Autumn Leaves, All of me, Take the a train etc
- Submit audio of your work but video with audio is also very welcome for this assignment.

Assignment 2 :

Interval series Diatonic 3rds

- Record (at least) audio of yourself playing Interval series - Soloing Diatonic 3rds lesson found HERE
- Use the backing track provided below

Assignment 3 :

Arpeggio study in Bb major scale

- Record (at least) audio of yourself playing Arpeggio study in Bb major scale lesson found HERE
- Use the backing track provided bellow

Assignment 4 and REC :

Jazz licks II-V-I in D major

- Record video of yourself playing Jazz licks II-V-I in D major lesson found HERE
- After you record it, submit it in this thread as well as in REC for grading (make sure to include voting poll)
- Use the backing track provided below.

Deadline for all 4 assignments and REC is 30th of April!

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help.

Pedja

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Attached File(s)
Attached File  Interval_Series_Soloing_with_Diatonic_3rds.mp3 ( 1.14MB ) Number of downloads: 122
Attached File  Arpeggio_study_in_Bb_major.mp3 ( 1.47MB ) Number of downloads: 89
Attached File  Jazz_Licks_II_V_I_in_D_major.mp3 ( 600.82K ) Number of downloads: 110

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 10:20 AM