3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Schecter Owners And Fans, tell me more
coloneldrew
Feb 11 2009, 05:46 AM
GMC:er
We have a very nice Schecter here at my music store. Funny you should mention this because I was just shooting a video review on it for the website today at work. I'll let you guys have a peek before I submit it if you want. Should be done in the next few days smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by coloneldrew: Feb 11 2009, 05:46 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Canis
Feb 11 2009, 09:12 AM
Learning Rock Star
As my signature might suggest, I'm quite fond of Schecters ^^

I have a Schecter Omen 6, and I love it! I wanna buy a Schecter Tempest or C-1 Classic next.. The C-1 is just beautiful!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 11 2009, 09:23 AM
Had a C1+ some time ago...

Pros: Very nice quality for the money. Wellbuilt. Neck felt nice altough a little thicker than the normal Ibanez racer necks.

Cons: A little too dark sounding for me, almost muddy, I like clear and articulate tone from the guitar. The dark/muddyness probably come from the mahogany body and neck.
I don't like painted necks, feel sticky, I like maple with the satin feel.
The duncan designed pickups was not so funny, swapped them after a month.

Sum: Very nice guitar for the money. If you like darker tone that is...

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Padalka Custom Space-6, Bareknuckle Juggernaut set
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic
* Fractal Audio Axe FX II XL+

+Quote Post
Zaxerian
Feb 11 2009, 09:45 AM
I have one of those Schecter C-1 Classics in antique amber smile.gif
very nice sounding and great guitar.
but I would recommend the Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR for your preferences.

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 11 2009, 10:10 AM
I've got a Schecter C-1 Classic AA. And I *love* it. They haven't got them at the local music store tough. So I took a chance and ordered it online. Couldn't stop to smile the day it arrived. But I already wrote about that in this thread. One has to be very careful about muting strings because of the ridiculous amount of sustain. So far every body who saw it was very impressed. The only thing I dislike about it is that I'm not able to get that heavy metal rhythm tone I'm looking for. So... I'll probably buy myself a hellraiser. And maybe a Hollywood Classic or Stiletto too! I'm definitely a schecter fanboy now laugh.gif

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks
"If privacy is outlawed, only outlaws will have privacy." - Phil Zimmermann

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Feb 11 2009, 10:19 AM
Experienced Guitar Lord
Oh my just saw the "devil" models and like them so much wacko.gif They don't have a whammy, but do anyone has any opinions about these guitars?tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Feb 11 2009, 10:21 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (skennington @ Feb 11 2009, 02:19 AM) *
Sorry man, more teasing here.. tongue.gif Not sure of tonality difference with the 89 but this looks like a beast...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schecter-HELLRAISER-C-...6QQcmdZViewItem

laugh.gif yea I saw that one!

thanks for the replies guys, keep em coming, I appreciate all your opinions, the "Hellraiser" as far as FR etc seems to be the one coming out on top.

ztevie- thanks for the mini review, that was great! smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Feb 11 2009, 03:25 PM
I have a Schecter HellRaiser C-1 FR with a quilt top...

First off, it has an original Floyd Rose - not some crappy reissue or licensed version - the real deal. Mine has EMG 81/85s now I've heard everyone blabbing on and on about the lack of clean tones you can get from these pickups. I think these people don't understand the beauty of the volume and tone pots... When you roll back the volume and chip a little bit of the tone the clean channel of my Fender Superchamp XD (which is a fabulous practice amp BTW) rivals my old mans 1970 Stratocaster. I mean it's not dead on but I'm just saying these pickups are more versatile than everyone will lead you to believe.
Also they have a coil tap so you can put these EMGs into a single coil mode which is REALLY nice for clean tones...
The quilt top is pretty spectacular...
The neck at the base of the guitar gets very wide and when you hold this guitar in your hands it really exudes quality of craftsmanship.

I tried one in guitar center one day and was completely blown away by it the next day I bought one on eBay hahha.
Try one!

Plus they're pretty reasonably priced..

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 11 2009, 03:29 PM
I'd get a Caparison instead Chris. You know you want a Horus tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 11 2009, 03:31 PM
QUOTE (29a @ Feb 11 2009, 10:10 AM) *
The only thing I dislike about it is that I'm not able to get that heavy metal rhythm tone I'm looking for.

- Jonas

Palm-muting riffing was not so easy on my C1 either. Because of the mahogany, I could never get the tightness I wanted
It was much better when I threw out the duncan designed and put a EMG 81 in bridge. But even though the 81 must be "the mother of palm-muting", I still wasn't 100% happy.

This post has been edited by ztevie: Feb 11 2009, 03:33 PM

--------------------
Gear:
* Vigier Shawn Lane Master, Bridge Bareknuckle Nailbomb, Middle DiMarzio FS-1, Neck Bareknuckle Cold Sweat
* Ztevie's Blue, Custom Handbuilt by Rek Guitars, Seymour Duncan Full Shred humbucker set
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Also Schaller S-FRT II are the best whammy systems in my opinion and all Caparisons have them. So much better than Ibanez FR systems. I could throw my guitar out of the window and tie a rope to the whammy bar and swing it round and it wouldn't go out of tune laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Feb 11 2009, 02:25 PM) *
I have a Schecter HellRaiser C-1 FR with a quilt top...

First off, it has an original Floyd Rose - not some crappy reissue or licensed version - the real deal. Mine has EMG 81/85s now I've heard everyone blabbing on and on about the lack of clean tones you can get from these pickups. I think these people don't understand the beauty of the volume and tone pots... When you roll back the volume and chip a little bit of the tone the clean channel of my Fender Superchamp XD (which is a fabulous practice amp BTW) rivals my old mans 1970 Stratocaster. I mean it's not dead on but I'm just saying these pickups are more versatile than everyone will lead you to believe.
Also they have a coil tap so you can put these EMGs into a single coil mode which is REALLY nice for clean tones...
The quilt top is pretty spectacular...
The neck at the base of the guitar gets very wide and when you hold this guitar in your hands it really exudes quality of craftsmanship.

I tried one in guitar center one day and was completely blown away by it the next day I bought one on eBay hahha.
Try one!

Plus they're pretty reasonably priced..

Thanks for that smile.gif it certainly seems that everyone that owns one absolutly loves it!

I wish I could get to try one, although its possibly a good thing that I cant so I remain with the cash in MY pocket laugh.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 11 2009, 03:42 PM
Instructor
Don't own one, but I've played a few at Guitar Center, I was impressed by sound, looks and price, To me it was as good looking as a PRS, and played really nice, how these people managed to deliver such a nice guitar for $600 puzzles me.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 11 2009, 05:04 PM
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 11 2009, 03:31 PM) *
Palm-muting riffing was not so easy on my C1 either. Because of the mahogany, I could never get the tightness I wanted
It was much better when I threw out the duncan designed and put a EMG 81 in bridge. But even though the 81 must be "the mother of palm-muting", I still wasn't 100% happy.
My Ibanez is made out of mahogany too and has a tight sound. Many other metal axes are made out of mahagony too so I don't think that's the problem. Anyway, I'm quite certain the hellraiser is an excellent guitar for playing heavy riffs. So I'm sure they'll complement each other nicely.

- Jonas

--------------------
My Website | My Gear | Elixir Nanoweb Strings Review | Installing Schaller Security Locks

+Quote Post
Jose Mena
Feb 11 2009, 05:10 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 11 2009, 09:31 AM) *

You know sometimes a pickup change is not required, what you are missing is certain frecuencies on the guitar, Increasing the value of the Pots makes it more trebly, or decreasing the value of the capacitor as well, I suspect you want more treble so it cuts, just assuming, some audio samples of what you have and what you would like it to be would help.

--------------------
Check out my Video Lessons
Visit my Instructor Board
Visit MySpace

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 11 2009, 05:41 PM
Changing the capacitor might actually be worth a try. Or just bypassing the whole tone control for now. I'll try that when I get bored. But I think its not just missing frequencies that could be fixed using an EQ, and I played around with an EQ for quite some time. It's quite hard to describe, it sounds a bit like a wah pedal to me.

- Jonas

This post has been edited by 29a: Feb 11 2009, 05:59 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
ztevie
Feb 11 2009, 06:46 PM
QUOTE (Jose Mena @ Feb 11 2009, 05:10 PM) *
You know sometimes a pickup change is not required, what you are missing is certain frecuencies on the guitar, Increasing the value of the Pots makes it more trebly, or decreasing the value of the capacitor as well, I suspect you want more treble so it cuts, just assuming, some audio samples of what you have and what you would like it to be would help.

I don't have that guitar any more. Swapping pickups made a huge difference, so after I put the EMG's in there it all was so much better.
Still, there were a lack of tightness in the palm-muting, it wasn't much, but there was a muddiness I could never EQ out of it. I bypassed the tone control, and used 500k pots, so it wasn't that. I could have tried 1M pots, but didn't...
I believe too much eqing a bassy or trebley guitar is not good, so I try to find a guitar that sounds close to my ideal tone from the very start in the chain, the guitar itself...
I think everyone who plan to buy a new guitar should try it out acoustically first, listen to how the wood respond to picking. You will hear big differences even if you'd think an electric guitar unplugged is so silent. You will feel the sustain and the vibrations in the guitar, and, if the character feels bassy, trebley, clear, muddy or whatever...
I look for guitars that are open-sounding, rich in harmonics, rich in sustain. I do not look for guitars that feel muddy or shrill.. I like mids! wink.gif

Anyway, that Schecter wasn't bad by all means. It was actually very nice. The only thing I didn't like was that slightly muddy feeling. Which may not appear in all C1+ guitars, or may not be a problem for someone else...
It was nice for soaring sustain-rich solos and crunchy rhytm though, I guess it's hard to get everything 100% in one guitar.

--------------------
Gear:
* Yamaha LLX6 Acoustic

+Quote Post
29a
Feb 11 2009, 09:10 PM
QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 11 2009, 06:46 PM) *
So, so I try to find a guitar that sounds close to my ideal tone from the very start in the chain, the guitar itself...
I think everyone who plan to buy a new guitar should try it out acoustically first, listen to how the wood respond to picking. You will hear big differences even if you'd think an electric guitar unplugged is so silent. You will feel the sustain and the vibrations in the guitar, and, if the character feels bassy, trebley, clear, muddy or whatever...
I look for guitars that are open-sounding, rich in harmonics, rich in sustain. I do not look for guitars that feel muddy or shrill.. I like mids! wink.gif
Hm I think my C-1 Classic has actually loads of mids. The thing that it seems to lack is treble for that rhythm tone I'm looking for.

QUOTE (ztevie @ Feb 11 2009, 06:46 PM) *
Anyway, that Schecter wasn't bad by all means. It was actually very nice. The only thing I didn't like was that slightly muddy feeling. Which may not appear in all C1+ guitars, or may not be a problem for someone else...
It was nice for soaring sustain-rich solos and crunchy rhytm though, I guess it's hard to get everything 100% in one guitar.
I agree here. And honestly I do rather have one great sound than dozens of average ones. And another great thing about this schecter guitars is, I can buy a whole bunch of them for the price of a single PRS Custom 24. biggrin.gif

- Jonas

--------------------

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Feb 11 2009, 11:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Smells @ Feb 10 2009, 09:51 PM) *
Not sure I`m in the market for anything at the moment (although I can be easily swayed laugh.gif)

Now that was a joke laugh.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Mandos
Feb 11 2009, 11:53 PM
Do anyone of you know if there are any other Schecter baritone guitars except "C-1 EX Baritone Blackjack" or if they make them in any other colour than black. I have a black guitar and a black bass so far so I'm not getting another black guitar. tongue.gif

--------------------
[color="#808080"]Guitars: Epiphone Les Paul Gothic with EMG 81 and 85, Crafter Acoustic, ESP LTD F-205

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:10 AM